The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 20, 2023, 12:03:18 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2023, 05:22:05 PM
Loserpool shithead Rickie Lambert going full tinfoil hat is not the plot twist I expected. Him and thon dose Matt LeTissier going full QAnon or whatever the f**k the brit version is.

Ricky Lambert played 25 times for Liverpool of his 607 1st team appearances. That's about 4% of all games. 96% were played for other clubs.
Ricky Lambert Liverpool Hall of fame legend  ;D
It's a bit like saying Roy Keane is a Celtic legend.!
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Joeythelips

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2023, 05:22:05 PM
Loserpool shithead Rickie Lambert going full tinfoil hat is not the plot twist I expected. Him and thon dose Matt LeTissier going full QAnon or whatever the f**k the brit version is.

There Brit version is called Brexit.

statto

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 20, 2023, 12:27:19 AM
Henderson & Fabinho have just jeddahsioned the Kop faithful. It's not on.

Personally disappointed in Henderson going.  While he may not be a starter every game, he's a big influence in the Liverpool dressing room and still had something to offer.  The move shows a lack of ambition and calls into question his character somewhat given his alleged views on how the LGBT+ community are treated. I have heard this "he will be setup for life" as a defence as to why he would go, but I dare say that he would be ok earning £180k a week.  He also would have had a shot of winning something with England in the summer, but that all but gone none too. 

The Fabinho deal would be happy enough with getting more or less what paid for him 5 years ago and his performances fell off a cliff.  Having a brand new midfield is not going to be ideal, especially as Klopp likes to intergrate players slowly into the team will mean Macallister and Szoboszai will need hit the ground running. 

quit yo jibbajabba

Never knew so many Pool fans cared so much about the LGBT community until the past few days

statto

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 20, 2023, 10:57:12 AM
Never knew so many Pool fans cared so much about the LGBT community until the past few days
Doesn't bother me one way or another, just think its a bit hyprocritical that Henderson raises these issues that he believes are morally wrong, but when the big pay packet is pushed under his nose his morals then go out the window and is happy to move to that country. 

johnnycool

Quote from: statto on July 20, 2023, 11:53:21 AM
Doesn't bother me one way or another, just think its a bit hyprocritical that Henderson raises these issues that he believes are morally wrong, but when the big pay packet is pushed under his nose his morals then go out the window and is happy to move to that country.

Who would be any different given the sums involved?

If anything I find it very hypocritical of politicians giving footballers and football clubs abuse over getting bought over by groups linked to countries with dubious human rights issues yet they've no issues selling these very same countries weapons, armaments and a whole myriad of "defence" products.

Ghost

Surprised Henderson went mainly because he'd been starting for England the past few games. This move bound to affect his Euros chances for them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ghost on July 20, 2023, 12:16:45 PM
Surprised Henderson went mainly because he'd been starting for England the past few games. This move bound to affect his Euros chances for them.

Maguire is getting games with England and not playing, Henderson will at least be playing every game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

God14

Quote from: statto on July 20, 2023, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 20, 2023, 12:27:19 AM
Henderson & Fabinho have just jeddahsioned the Kop faithful. It's not on.

Personally disappointed in Henderson going.  While he may not be a starter every game, he's a big influence in the Liverpool dressing room and still had something to offer.  The move shows a lack of ambition and calls into question his character somewhat given his alleged views on how the LGBT+ community are treated. I have heard this "he will be setup for life" as a defence as to why he would go, but I dare say that he would be ok earning £180k a week.  He also would have had a shot of winning something with England in the summer, but that all but gone none too. 

The Fabinho deal would be happy enough with getting more or less what paid for him 5 years ago and his performances fell off a cliff.  Having a brand new midfield is not going to be ideal, especially as Klopp likes to intergrate players slowly into the team will mean Macallister and Szoboszai will need hit the ground running.

Im glad to see him go. Liverpools midfield was an absolute shambles last year
Club legend, likeable guy, good influence around the place - but there can be no place for sentiment at Anfield these days.
Hendo at 33 doesnt have the legs or pace required for the premier league.
Last season when he was on the pitch he offered absolutely zero going forward, and wasnt much of a defensive midfield enforcer either. Limited range of passing.
£12M transfer fee, get his huge wages off the payroll & we go again

Imperative we get the recruitment right though

Ghost

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2023, 12:21:11 PM

Maguire is getting games with England and not playing, Henderson will at least be playing every game

That's fair enough I suppose. Don't know if Maguire will get away with it if he spends another season on Utds bench.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ghost on July 20, 2023, 12:25:40 PM

That's fair enough I suppose. Don't know if Maguire will get away with it if he spends another season on Utds bench.

The England manager likes a club team approach and doesn't t**ker with it too much, though that may bite him in the arse with it gets to the nitty gritty of the European cup/World Cup
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: statto on July 20, 2023, 11:53:21 AM

Wasnt havin a go Statto just in general on the twitter this is being used as a stick to beat him with when its clear he wasnt the most popular. Agree with much of what jonnycool and God14 have said on the matter, tho Hendo Milner and Fab in the one swoop is a huge overhaul in terms of experience and keeping younger boys on their toes. Next couple signings crucial now

statto

He generally is loyal to the players there isn't a stand out alternative which helps Maguire cause, where as in midfield they would have more depth. 

The standard of the games would also be questionable without having watched any of the league.  At least Maguire is training regularly with top class players day in day out, that's not going to be the case with Henderson so that aligned to his age would expect a drop off from him.  Not sure how many are in the squad for euros, but he may get a place for his leadership skills and as you say Southgate appears to not want to rock the boat too much and have a club side vibe. 

J70

Its going to be a lot of upheaval in this Liverpool team initially. Could take a couple of months for everything to gel, so I wouldn't expect a title challenge. But if the remaining recruitment is good, there's no reason why they shouldn't get back into the top 4 and show in the second half of the season that they will be ready to seriously challenge City the following year.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2023, 02:51:55 PM
Its going to be a lot of upheaval in this Liverpool team initially. Could take a couple of months for everything to gel, so I wouldn't expect a title challenge. But if the remaining recruitment is good, there's no reason why they shouldn't get back into the top 4 and show in the second half of the season that they will be ready to seriously challenge City the following year.

Fair old bit of upheaval to the City midfield as well, it depends on how Arsenal get up and running as they seem to be spending well other than Havertz who I'm not convinced about