Yes, why not, they're smaller they can't fight back
Only for Discipline
No, it's Child Abuse
Naughty Step approach

his holiness nb

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:02:17 PM
So not only do you disrespect disables parking spaces; you too are a bully who thinks its ok to impose his physical presence on a child; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Disrespect disable parking spaces???? You are talking complete and utter rubbish, I beleive every facility should have ample disabled spaces and would never park in one.

And I am not a bully by any means, I am talking a light slap, which I recieved when young myself, and never from a bully.

You owe me an apology for suggesting I would park in a disabled space btw.

Grow a set of balls and do it rather than your usual trick of making wild accusations or personal insults, then dissappearing when confronted over it.

So do I and dubnut - so what?  I also know the the moderator - well he knows me which is why you can post this.  ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Avoiding it again eh?

Come on, explain your disable parking spaces comments.

Grow some balls and back up your shite talk or stop making stuff up.
Ask me holy bollix

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 06:24:44 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:02:17 PM
So not only do you disrespect disables parking spaces; you too are a bully who thinks its ok to impose his physical presence on a child; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Disrespect disable parking spaces???? You are talking complete and utter rubbish, I beleive every facility should have ample disabled spaces and would never park in one.

And I am not a bully by any means, I am talking a light slap, which I recieved when young myself, and never from a bully.

You owe me an apology for suggesting I would park in a disabled space btw.

Grow a set of balls and do it rather than your usual trick of making wild accusations or personal insults, then dissappearing when confronted over it.

So do I and dubnut - so what?  I also know the the moderator - well he knows me which is why you can post this.  ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Avoiding it again eh?

Come on, explain your disable parking spaces comments.

Grow some balls and back up your shite talk or stop making stuff up.

Read back your comments - you want me to do your job for you as well?

his holiness nb

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:33:19 PM

::)

Ok I make this clear as you are struggling to understand this.

I made the point, particularly with reference to Clarehall, Dublin that some shopping centres have far more disabled spaces that will ever be needed.
I of course believe there should always be adequate disabled parking spaces.

You called me a knob for this and suggested I park in disabled spaces and "disrespect" disabled spaces.

You owe me an apology and are doing your very best to squirm out of this once again  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 06:37:14 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:33:19 PM

Ok I make this clear as you are struggling to understand this.

I made the point, particularly with reference to Clarehall, Dublin that some shopping centres have far more disabled spaces that will ever be needed.
I of course believe there should always be adequate disabled parking spaces.

You called me a knob for this and suggested I park in disabled spaces and "disrespect" disabled spaces.

You owe me an apology and are doing your very best to squirm out of this once again  ::)

And you have a full census count of disabled people in any one area.  You tried to be funny it didn't work - and btw if the cap fits and all that.  ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:48:39 PM

And you have a full census count of disabled people in any one area.  You tried to be funny it didn't work - and btw if the cap fits and all that.  ;)

Thats is truly pathetic.
I wasnt trying to be funny, if you have ever been to the shopping centre I was referring to, there are always rows and rows of empty disabled spaces not being used.
That was what I based my comment on, sorry if I cant be more scientific  ::)

And what about your suggestion that I park in disabled spaces? Is that what the "if the cap fits" comment was about? If so it makes no sense and you still owe an apology, otherwise you are both a liar and a coward.

* Incidentally as you have no intentions of retracting or apologizing for your claim that I park in disabled spaces I have reported you to the mods.
Not something I like to do but you are deliberately posting character damaging lies about me and refusing to admit they are untrue.
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:03:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 04:19:59 PM
QuoteIt's easy to see you don't have any kids. If kids have so little respect and don't know how to behave on a plane (or anywhere else), I'm not sure how hitting them is going to fix anything. Usually the sort of hyperactive, noisy disrespectful kids are the ones who's ma's beat them black and blue but wouldn't know how to be a parent if you paid them.
Not in my expereince!

On a slightly different tack if an adult was being stroppy on a plane (say through being nervous or having a few too many sherries), would you deck them as well or is it just kids?
if the adult was with me and causing a scene I'd tell them to shut up, just like I'd tell the child.

You said you'd slap the child; would you slap the adult; no because you are a bully and a coward.
I wouldn't slap the adult because they aren't my responsability and don't need taught about when their behaviour are unacceptable.
My parents hit me and I don't consider them bullies or cowards. 

Did your parent's hit you snowed under?
Do you think it done you any harm?
Do you resent them for it?

Lets say a parent is crossing a carpark ( Leave it POG  Wink ) and the child starts to misbehave. would threatening him/her with the naughty step when they get home really work? As pints say children tend to think only for the present, so what other methods of discipline would be an option at this stage?
Good question, but I note snowed under wasn't interested in answering.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 07:03:14 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 06:03:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 04:19:59 PM
QuoteIt's easy to see you don't have any kids. If kids have so little respect and don't know how to behave on a plane (or anywhere else), I'm not sure how hitting them is going to fix anything. Usually the sort of hyperactive, noisy disrespectful kids are the ones who's ma's beat them black and blue but wouldn't know how to be a parent if you paid them.
Not in my expereince!

On a slightly different tack if an adult was being stroppy on a plane (say through being nervous or having a few too many sherries), would you deck them as well or is it just kids?
if the adult was with me and causing a scene I'd tell them to shut up, just like I'd tell the child.

You said you'd slap the child; would you slap the adult; no because you are a bully and a coward.
I wouldn't slap the adult because they aren't my responsability and don't need taught about when their behaviour are unacceptable.
My parents hit me and I don't consider them bullies or cowards. 

Did your parent's hit you snowed under?
Do you think it done you any harm?
Do you resent them for it?

Lets say a parent is crossing a carpark ( Leave it POG  Wink ) and the child starts to misbehave. would threatening him/her with the naughty step when they get home really work? As pints say children tend to think only for the present, so what other methods of discipline would be an option at this stage?
Good question, but I note snowed under wasn't interested in answering.

I'm 35 everyone my age I'd say got wallopped - did it do me any harm; in the main no; do I resent them nah life's too short; I do honestly think that slapping a child is wrong and my own experiences would lead me not to impose them on my own children.  The thing is I can't even imagine how bad your child would have to be to slap them; your instinct in protection rather than punishment or pain.

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 06:55:59 PM

Thats is truly pathetic.
I wasnt trying to be funny, if you have ever been to the shopping centre I was referring to, there are always rows and rows of empty disabled spaces not being used.

And what about your suggestion that I park in disabled spaces? Is that what the "if the cap fits" comment was about? If so it makes no sense and you still owe an apology, otherwise you are both a liar and a coward.

* Incidentally as you have no intentions of retracting or apologizing for your claim that I park in disabled spaces I have reported you to the mods.
Not something I like to do but you are deliberately posting character damaging lies about me and refusing to admit they are untrue.

Knock yourself out kid.  :-*

his holiness nb

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 07:08:13 PM

Thats is truly pathetic.

Done, you told lies about me and made no attempt to even admit it wasnt true.
I wont accept lies or bullying on here from the likes of you. I dont usually call for people to be banned, but I am in this case.
Its with the mods now, you were way over the line.
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

You never answered the question snowedunder
QuoteLets say a parent is crossing a carpark ( Leave it POG  Wink ) and the child starts to misbehave. would threatening him/her with the naughty step when they get home really work? As pints say children tend to think only for the present, so what other methods of discipline would be an option at this stage?

Or maybe you and the children need to go home if you can't get parking at the door?

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 07:14:02 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 07:08:13 PM

Thats is truly pathetic.

Done, you told lies about me and made no attempt to even admit it wasnt true.
I wont accept lies or bullying on here from the likes of you. I dont usually call for people to be banned, but I am in this case.
Its with the mods now, you were way over the line.

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 19, 2007, 07:59:09 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on October 16, 2007, 05:50:53 PM
While not commenting on the whole mother toddler space thing, one thing that gets on my nerves is the amount of disable parking spaces in some car parks.
Clare Hall for example, how many disabled people do you expect in the shop at any one time???

OMG what a knob!

Edit: Surely you ignore them anyways - seems to be the way!

There's my post and yours save the mods looking - in the context of the thread i.e. people parking in allocated spaces my post holds up.  Enjoy your wee rant  :-*

his holiness nb

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 13, 2007, 07:22:53 PM
[
Quote from: his holiness nb on October 16, 2007, 05:50:53 PM
While not commenting on the whole mother toddler space thing, one thing that gets on my nerves is the amount of disable parking spaces in some car parks.
Clare Hall for example, how many disabled people do you expect in the shop at any one time???

OMG what a knob!

Edit: Surely you ignore them anyways - seems to be the way!

There's my post and yours save the mods looking - in the context of the thread i.e. people parking in allocated spaces my post holds up.  Enjoy your wee rant  :-*
[/quote]

Because I think that some places have more disabled spaces than they need (I think they should always have enough) you worked it out that its ok for you to say I park in those spaces?
That is truly bizarre. Good luck!
Ask me holy bollix

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 07:14:54 PM
You never answered the question snowedunder
QuoteLets say a parent is crossing a carpark ( Leave it POG  Wink ) and the child starts to misbehave. would threatening him/her with the naughty step when they get home really work? As pints say children tend to think only for the present, so what other methods of discipline would be an option at this stage?

Or maybe you and the children need to go home if you can't get parking at the door?

Sorry I missed this question - distracted by his holiness.  I would lift the offending child and carry them - where would be the issue?

pintsofguinness

and then what?  Walk around a supermarket with him acting up?
Or what if you couldnt carry him or had 2 or 3 other children to look after?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 07:43:33 PM
and then what?  Walk around a supermarket with him acting up?
Or what if you couldnt carry him or had 2 or 3 other children to look after?

Well that would be stupid; I persumed you meant on the way back to the car; when you have kids you can easily judge their moods; if one wasn't in the form for going shopping he'd be left with me whilst his mum shopped or vice versa; they don't just go psycho within a car trip to the shopping centre.