Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: getevennotcross on May 15, 2015, 03:06:41 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 15, 2015, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on May 15, 2015, 02:29:40 PM
Any news on young McCloskey and his arm?  I understand he was subject to a rather cowardly and dirty action by Carson late on during Weds. game!  Trusting an appropriate sanction will be dished out for Carsons serious infraction, but you never know sometimes??

Hardly much need for comment on it, unless you were at the game and saw the alleged action for yourself.

You could have enquired about the LG player's welfare without getting into unnecessary whataboutery.
if I was at the game and seen what happened I would not need to be enquiring, would I?  My primary enquiry was for the welfare of the lad, nothing less!

I will accept that if you say so, but the original comment IMO was 25% about the health of the LG and 75% whataboutery over an incident you had not personally seen.

I am sure we could go back through the years to different incidents from all clubs if we wanted to start dragging stuff up. No need for it be on facebook but I guess that is the world we live in now.

getevennotcross

Quote from: NAG1 on May 15, 2015, 03:14:53 PM
Any news on young McCloskey and his arm?  I understand he was subject to a rather cowardly and dirty action by Carson late on during Weds. game!  Trusting an appropriate sanction will be dished out for Carsons serious infraction, but you never know sometimes??

Hardly much need for comment on it, unless you were at the game and saw the alleged action for yourself.

You could have enquired about the LG player's welfare without getting into unnecessary whataboutery.
if I was at the game and seen what happened I would not need to be enquiring, would I?  My primary enquiry was for the welfare of the lad, nothing less!

I will accept that if you say so, but the original comment IMO was 25% about the health of the LG and 75% whataboutery over an incident you had no personally seen.

I am sure we could go back through the years to different incidents from all clubs if we wanted to start dragging stuff up. No need for it be on facebook but I guess that is the world we live in now.
Well I do say so, and I am totally ambivalent whether you accept that or not. I certainly don't appreciate your belligerence by the way!  As I said, my main concern was for the lad McCloskey. And, I am entitled to an opinion just like you.  Have to agree though that no place for such issues on Facebook or other social media, but maybe such was the magnitude and cowardice of the act in question.

NAG1

Quote from: getevennotcross on May 15, 2015, 03:24:57 PM

I will accept that if you say so, but the original comment IMO was 25% about the health of the LG and 75% whataboutery over an incident you had no personally seen.

Well I do say so, and I am totally ambivalent whether you accept that or not. I certainly don't appreciate your belligerence by the way!  As I said, my main concern was for the lad McCloskey. And, I am entitled to an opinion just like you.  Have to agree though that no place for such issues on Facebook or other social media, but maybe such was the magnitude and cowardice of the act in question.

Dont want to really be giving you any more air time because you are clearly on the wind up. But lets not forget that we were 'all' supporting this same lad the weekend before when he came on against Laois and now you are castigating for an incident that you did not see. Therefore you veiled or feigned interest in the welfare of the LG player is completely negated by your later comments.

So I would suggest that it is left there since you have already made your uninformed views on the matter clear.

Mcquillans supporter

We're is this video so the rest of us can see it . Hope tony is ok tho .

imtommygunn

To be fair irrespective of whatever happened on wednesday he's not a dirty player and it would be completely out of character for him.

getevennotcross

Quote from: NAG1 on May 15, 2015, 03:46:33 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on May 15, 2015, 03:24:57 PM

Dont want to really be giving you any more air time because you are clearly on the wind up. But lets not forget that we were 'all' supporting this same lad the weekend before when he came on against Laois and now you are castigating for an incident that you did not see. Therefore you veiled or feigned interest in the welfare of the LG player is completely negated by your later comments.

So I would suggest that it is left there since you have already made your uninformed views on the matter clear.
Irrespective whether he played against Laois last Sunday or not, which I do commend by the way.  That does not give him license to deliberately attempt to seriously injure an opponent.  Cowardly and despicable by all accounts and totally uncalled for.    Out of character or not, not the sort of thing any of us wish to be condoning I would say. That's all I am saying, so we will end it here now! 

More importantly, lets hope young McCloskey is ok and recovering well.

theboss11

Carey beat dunloy? Anyone know what kind of team dunloy had

Bonamargy

Quote from: theboss11 on May 15, 2015, 09:28:16 PM

Great result for Carey in the Senior Feis tonight V Dunloy. Had Dunloy many missing? Must be a long time since they won a senior Feis match. Fair play to them. Result was 4-9 to 1-11

WTF u on about?

Quote from: Bonamargy on May 15, 2015, 09:55:57 PM

Great result for Carey in the Senior Feis tonight V Dunloy. Had Dunloy many missing? Must be a long time since they won a senior Feis match. Fair play to them. Result was 4-9 to 1-11

Great result surely! Think they beat ballycastle a few years back in senior feis!

Bonamargy

Quote from: WTF u on about? on May 15, 2015, 10:50:13 PM

Great result surely! Think they beat ballycastle a few years back in senior feis!

Don't think so 😊

WTF u on about?

Quote from: Bonamargy on May 15, 2015, 10:56:50 PM
Quote from: WTF u on about? on May 15, 2015, 10:50:13 PM

Don't think so 😊

I'm nearly sure they took a big scalp in the feis around 10 yrs ago nearly sure it was the town!

Seamroga in exile

Just heard cloughmills beat Cushendall in the feis cup this evening. 3-16 to 2-10. I wonder what kind of a team the dall had out?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Saffrongael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 16, 2015, 08:23:35 PM
Just heard cloughmills beat Cushendall in the feis cup this evening. 3-16 to 2-10. I wonder what kind of a team the dall had out?

I heard they had about 9 or 10 of their normal team
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 16, 2015, 09:17:32 PM

I heard they had about 9 or 10 of their normal team
heard there it was 1-16. Still, great result for the biddies.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Obviously not the same team that handily beat Loughgiel last year I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea