The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

You have to laugh. Ball hits post, comes back out and hits Reina on the head, hits post again, comes back out again and Bendtner taps it in.

Up there with the beachball goal at Sunderland a while back.

Carmen Stateside

f**k me Adam is really shite. Not one pass has he completed today.  Sunderland deserve the goal.

Carmen Stateside

Now he can't even get the free kick over the wall. 
Coates has played well in fairness.

GalwayBayBoy

Worst performance of the season I'd say. Don't think we created a single chance in an abysmal game. Played like they are thinking about their holidays already.

Captain Obvious

You know your having a bad league season when Sunderland take 5 points off you. FA cup the only thing worth playing for now.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 10, 2012, 04:58:07 PM
Worst performance of the season I'd say. Don't think we created a single chance in an abysmal game. Played like they are thinking about their holidays already.
Agree, not one chance created.  Get the young lads in, Sterling, Shelvey, Coady should all get some game time between now and the end of season.
Roy Hodgson only four points behind  :-\

J70

Big decisions ahead for the owners. Do they persist with Dalglish and the players he's bought and hope things improve next year? Do they bankroll a new set of players and cut their losses on the likes of Downing? Do they change manager?

Carmen Stateside

I honestly think we have to get over the idea now that kenny is untouchable. He has been a great servant for the club but football has changed an awful lot from the 80's and 90's. He has to take a lot of blame for these performances as he spent an awful lot of money on players who are not up to scratch to be playing football at this level  week in week out.

under the bar

QuoteAdam can be cut please!

You were getting him for the £2M he is worth before Fergie said he was worth £10M. 

Masterstroke!  ;D

Carmen Stateside

Adam and Downing have been terrible and simply not good enough.  Carroll with his price tag was never going to get a fair chance, serious pressure on the young lad and you can see it in his play. Luckily the Torres fee covered this transfer, dont think it will ever happen for him at Anfield. Henderson was priced at 12-18 million depending on were you read, for me he has a lot of potential and has been played out of position all season, his best games have come when he has been played down the middle and for me he is one for the future.
Bellamy Coates and Enrique have been great buys.

Denn Forever

Quote from: 45 on March 10, 2012, 05:30:04 PM
I honestly think we have to get over the idea now that kenny is untouchable. He has been a great servant for the club but football has changed an awful lot from the 80's and 90's. He has to take a lot of blame for these performances as he spent an awful lot of money on players who are not up to scratch to be playing football at this level  week in week out.

Be like everybody else. Get rid of the manager after a year.  It works well for other teams?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Trust me with that team of players and signings like them will not be any better in 3 years time.

new devil

Stoke and Fulham lost too so yous didn't really lose ground on your nearest rivals, it could have been worse

The Worker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 10, 2012, 05:09:14 PM
You know your having a bad league season when Sunderland take 5 points off you. FA cup the only thing worth playing for now.

Sunderland took 4 points v liverpool this year.