Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2016, 10:02:59 AM
Quote from: Megaman on July 07, 2016, 09:20:37 AM
rumours that the pogba deal getting very close.

Hope Real dont come in and spoil it.

I don't think it's getting very close, "apparently" they have agreed wages with him but haven't had an offer accepted by Juventus. According to Italian journo Tancredi Palmeri

would that not be deemed as "getting very close"  :-\

i really hope they get him, and i dont care how much for,

as most transfers go these days, it will be ridiculously too high.

NAG1

Quote from: Megaman on July 07, 2016, 01:21:35 PM

I don't think it's getting very close, "apparently" they have agreed wages with him but haven't had an offer accepted by Juventus. According to Italian journo Tancredi Palmeri

MM with Woodward involved in the deal most United fans wont be convinced until he is standing holding a shirt at OT

Minder

What I meant is this is according to a journo who misses as much as he hits with his "exclusives"

According to him Pogbas agent will make €25m from the deal
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on July 07, 2016, 01:26:22 PM

MM with Woodward involved in the deal most United fans wont be convinced until he is standing holding a shirt at OT

Me too although we've got most of our business done early. He's obviously learning, in fairness he was new to the job when Moyes arrived. I still would like an experienced centre half although its the one area where we've got serious talent coming through.

Megaman

Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2016, 01:27:16 PM

What I meant is this is according to a journo who misses as much as he hits with his "exclusives"

According to him Pogbas agent will make €25m from the deal

thats not where i read it.

his agent has already made a fair bit from Utd already this summer.

its getting close but, im sure if Real come in with the same deal he would go there instead.

Boycey

Pogba will go to Madrid I'd expect but if the rumours are true that they don't have the funds at present he'll sign for United and agitate for a move there in a couple of years... If they have their fax machine fixed of course..

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 07, 2016, 11:26:39 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2016, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 07, 2016, 10:16:35 AM
He's not worth £100m but when you consider City paid £50m for Sterling and Liverpool paid £31m for Benteke its not as ridiculous as it sounds. I think one of the reasons United are paying over the odds is his profile, he's probably has the highest profile of any midfielder playing the game, United need high profile players to keep the sponsors happy as prior to the Zlatan signing Rooney was United's only high profile player.

I thought getting an agreement with Pogba would be more difficult than Juve so it sounds promising.
How much have Man U spent on transfers in the last 5 years? Very few of the 4 semifinalist players in the Euros play in the EPL  which must have the lowest quality to price ratio of the major national leagues.

10 players who started last nights game play in the premier league and there will 8 players who start tonight's game so I extremely doubt another league will have more than 18 players starting?

The PL is the richest in the world hence why Crystal Palace will spend more on a player then 19 out of the 20 clubs in Serie A this summer if not all 20.
I thought it was less than that. Anyway PL prices are seriously inflated.
I wonder when the TV bubble will burst

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2016, 04:42:49 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 07, 2016, 11:26:39 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2016, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 07, 2016, 10:16:35 AM
He's not worth £100m but when you consider City paid £50m for Sterling and Liverpool paid £31m for Benteke its not as ridiculous as it sounds. I think one of the reasons United are paying over the odds is his profile, he's probably has the highest profile of any midfielder playing the game, United need high profile players to keep the sponsors happy as prior to the Zlatan signing Rooney was United's only high profile player.

I thought getting an agreement with Pogba would be more difficult than Juve so it sounds promising.
How much have Man U spent on transfers in the last 5 years? Very few of the 4 semifinalist players in the Euros play in the EPL  which must have the lowest quality to price ratio of the major national leagues.

10 players who started last nights game play in the premier league and there will 8 players who start tonight's game so I extremely doubt another league will have more than 18 players starting?

The PL is the richest in the world hence why Crystal Palace will spend more on a player then 19 out of the 20 clubs in Serie A this summer if not all 20.
I thought it was less than that. Anyway PL prices are seriously inflated.
I wonder when the TV bubble will burst

Surely it will burst like everything else has cause of brexit!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on July 07, 2016, 04:18:55 PM
Pogba will go to Madrid I'd expect but if the rumours are true that they don't have the funds at present he'll sign for United and agitate for a move there in a couple of years... If they have their fax machine fixed of course..
Schweinstegar  bossing the midfield here. Pogba doing nothing. 100 million for him??? Hope he goes to Madrid on what I've seen of him. If he doesn't perform in a big stage like this how would he get up for a Wednesday night in Stoke. I don't see the hype tbh

Boycey

Just kicked off against Wigan, it's live on MUTV so I'm sure there's plenty of streams about. Mickey Ryan and Bailly start, Ibrahimovic still on his jollies..

As an added bonus there's a chance to still if Will Griggs really on fire.

Boycey

Boycey

Finished 2-0, Keane and Pereira.

gallsman

He had a break during the Euros in fairness to him.

grantwool

What you guys think about the offer of Man Utd to Pogba?

Maroon Manc

Crazy money for Pogba but its not mine and it would only end up in the Glazers back pocket eventually. World class players don't come available too often so you've got to pounce when their available or before they move to another rich club. Its nigh on impossible trying to buy a player from a big club that they want to keep.

Pogba is a hugely marketable player so United will make a lot of money from him if we manage to sign him, playing wise he'll suit the PL and Mourinho's style. His height would certainly be a welcome addition.