Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on August 04, 2016, 07:27:19 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36975545

What's going on here then? What's the other side of the story?

Laying down a marker. There were rumours in the 2nd half of last season that other senior players weren't happy with Bastis commitment while injured. constantly heading back to Germany, not ever showing up on match day, using United as a vehicle to get himself fit for Euro16. Mourinho likes the siege mentality approach so is throwing him under the bus. It could be a dangerous strategy, it didn't work at Chelsea 2nd time round..

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on August 04, 2016, 07:57:32 PM

Laying down a marker. There were rumours in the 2nd half of last season that other senior players weren't happy with Bastis commitment while injured. constantly heading back to Germany, not ever showing up on match day, using United as a vehicle to get himself fit for Euro16. Mourinho likes the siege mentality approach so is throwing him under the bus. It could be a dangerous strategy, it didn't work at Chelsea 2nd time round..

Gotcha!

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on August 04, 2016, 07:57:32 PM

It is jose's MO as you said.  If the player isn't in his plans use him for something. Ruthless and borderline illegal under "normal" employment law.  (Obviously doesnt apply  tto footballers but could this be viewed as constructive dismissal in a company I. E sent off to do a clearly more junior role??). 

Hard to feel too much sympathy for schweinsteiger as the £100k plus is still hitting the bank account every week.  :P :P

stew

If he has told Mensa he is surplus to requirements next season he is an idiot, that kid is the real deal and then some, as for borthwick Jackson, get that fecker out of there asap, the single most akward footballer I have ever seen.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

Didn't see enough of the match today to comment but a wins a win mind you Moyes won the Charity Shield in his first game too...

Looks like we're signing Paul Pogba, I never that one coming.

Farrandeelin

Was Ibrahimovic a tad offside for his goal?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 07, 2016, 11:29:30 PM

Yeah

Haven't seen it though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

The Bailly guy in centre back looks useful.

magpie seanie

I thought so but it was a brilliant finish to be fair.

Jose dedicating the win to LVG and the subs. Aaaah bless!

stew

If I was a premiership player and United was paying Marcos Romo nearly 200k per week I would fire my agent immediately and hire his, who thought that was a good idea?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

snoopdog

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2016, 01:25:48 PM
If I was a premiership player and United was paying Marcos Romo nearly 200k per week I would fire my agent immediately and hire his, who thought that was a good idea?
Yep rojo is  lie less.  He was a laughing stock in Russia.  They couldn't believe it when utd put in an offer.
I'm not saying there was anything dodgy in his transfer. But the amount of money involved nowadays it wouldn't suprise me when average players move for massive money the potential for brown envelopes from agents.

NAG1

Quote from: snoopdog on August 08, 2016, 01:34:07 PM
Yep rojo is  lie less.  He was a laughing stock in Russia.  They couldn't believe it when utd put in an offer.
I'm not saying there was anything dodgy in his transfer. But the amount of money involved nowadays it wouldn't suprise me when average players move for massive money the potential for brown envelopes from agents.

What is the need for the brown envelopes in these deals, when the agents are getting their hefty whack anyway and the selling club are getting an inflated fee? Players get their signing on fee and everyone is happy? No?

square_ball

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2016, 08:55:05 AM

I thought so but it was a brilliant finish to be fair.

Jose dedicating the win to LVG and the subs. Aaaah bless!

And a nice wee dig at Rafa Benitez at the same time!

DuffleKing

Quote from: snoopdog on August 08, 2016, 01:34:07 PM
Yep rojo is  lie less. He was a laughing stock in Russia.  They couldn't believe it when utd put in an offer.

I'm not a fan but worth pointing out that Rojo was bought from Sporting

Gabriel_Hurl

he was - but he was with Spartak Moscow before that - he only played 8 games in 18 months