Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2011, 11:08:50 PM
Quote from: Clown on April 04, 2011, 09:46:54 PM
it isnt a ban for swearing on a football pitch, and the FA arent setting that as a precedent. people coming out with that don't know what they're on about. If they were handing out bans for that Rooney would have been done long ago believe me, as foul mouthed as you could find

its a ban for, for no reason running to a camera and swearing several times down it deliberately, knowing full well millions of people would hear it on TV. its unprecedented by a player, i haven't seen an incident like it
combined with the fact that the FA pushed this respect campaign last week, and the fact he escaped a ban a while back - i think thats why theyve had to punish Rooney this time

Few of things wrong with this, firstly Rooney runs to the crowd and the cameraman approaches him Rooney does not run to the crowd, secondly its hardly unprecedented players swear regularly (see the Adams clip above) thirdly Rooney escaped without a ban for his elbow in accordance with FA rules, if the FA want to circumvent their own rules then they do not deserve respect. In addition the cameras at matches tend not to relay sounds thats left to the pitch side mics  Finally there is no rule against swearing into the camera, there is only the following rule

"A participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour"

That rule clearly makes swearing illegal regardless of where it happens. Again if the FA want the rule respected then enforce it uniformly and fairly and do not target high profile players because its convenient, a two footed lunge on a player should be a red card regardless of who commits the foul, likewise if swearing on a football pitch is now a two match ban as it is for Rooney then it should be a two match ban for everyone who has swore this season.

The tr**p deserves all he gets.

Denn Forever

So, Wednesday.  Any thoughts?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

EC Unique

Would take a score draw. Anything else would be a bonus.

under the bar

So how many points will United need to win the league?  80 should probably do it I reckon.

United can get max 87 points, Arsenal max 83, Chelsea max 78

Provided they win the other 5 fixtures United can lose to both teams and still finish 3 points ahead of Chelsea. In the same scenario Arsenal would need to win every one of their 8 games to pip united by 2 points.   from waht we've seen of Arsenal that quite unlikely so United Could probably even well afford to lose to Chelsea and draw two other games and still win the title.   

Man Utd played 31 points 66
Arsenal played 30 points 59
Chelsea played 30 points 55

new devil

Would be delighted with a score draw...I hope chica starts because he will tear that Chelsea defense apart with his runs like in the league..... Really looking forward to it.... And with the results at the weekend we don't really have to watch ourselves for the league

Sort of a stupid question but keep in mind that if we don't then city will...would yous rather win the champions league or FA cup THIS YEAR??

gawa316

Quote from: new devil on April 05, 2011, 01:31:39 PM
Would be delighted with a score draw...I hope chica starts because he will tear that Chelsea defense apart with his runs like in the league..... Really looking forward to it.... And with the results at the weekend we don't really have to watch ourselves for the league

Sort of a stupid question but keep in mind that if we don't then city will...would yous rather win the champions league or FA cup THIS YEAR??

What a ridiculous question

supersarsfields

Quote from: gawa316 on April 05, 2011, 03:15:35 PM

Exactly. It's like saying you'd rather see City mess up than United succeed. 

new devil

Obviously its not for you to answer because Liverpool aren't in either cup  ;)

supersarsfields

True. But I would question the sanity of any United "supporter" that prefered to see City do poorly than United to succeed.

new devil

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 05, 2011, 03:20:16 PM

I wanted to see what the united fans on here thought because i've seen on a few threads that some fans would rather stop city winning the FA cup
I would rather have the champions league obviously

supersarsfields

Quote from: new devil on April 05, 2011, 03:23:05 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on April 05, 2011, 03:20:16 PM

I wanted to see what the united fans on here thought because i've seen on a few threads that some fans would rather stop city winning the FA cup
I would rather have the champions league obviously

Obviously.

ross4life

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 05, 2011, 11:41:44 AM
So, Wednesday.  Any thoughts?

Due a win in Stamford bridge & will probably get it, though my main concern is no more injuries with 19 in sight.

Quote from: under the bar on April 05, 2011, 12:57:09 PM
So how many points will United need to win the league?  80 should probably do it I reckon.

United can get max 87 points, Arsenal max 83, Chelsea max 78

Provided they win the other 5 fixtures United can lose to both teams and still finish 3 points ahead of Chelsea. In the same scenario Arsenal would need to win every one of their 8 games to pip united by 2 points.   from waht we've seen of Arsenal that quite unlikely so United Could probably even well afford to lose to Chelsea and draw two other games and still win the title.   

Man Utd played 31 points 66
Arsenal played 30 points 59
Chelsea played 30 points 55

7 games left 5 wins should do it.

I would fancy Bolton/Stoke to beat City in cup final if they get there.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

I want both and the PL. Another treble would do nicely. ;)

Dave

Quote from: EC Unique on April 05, 2011, 05:00:36 PM

Will you hang your 3 medals on the wall or wear them around your neck?

EC Unique

Quote from: Dave on April 05, 2011, 05:03:32 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 05, 2011, 05:00:36 PM

Will you hang your 3 medals on the wall or wear them around your neck?

Oh dear. This again. Run along now.