Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Why was Rooney so angry anyway? He had just completed a remarkable hat trick and his team's comeback and seemed as if he was about to start dishing out right hooks to the camera man.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

When did Ronney do that playing for England?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

highorlow

He should be locked up in jail and the keys thrown away.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 04, 2011, 07:52:14 PM
Quote from: nifan on April 04, 2011, 05:28:02 PM
Drogba got 6 games with 2 suspended, which was dropped down by 1 game, for swearing into a camera after the barca game.
Rooneys seems fair enough in that context.
The Chelsea striker with the physique of a middleweight boxer and the pain threshold of a lamb, was suspended for his aggressive and confrontational attitude to the referee both on the way off the pitch and in the tunnel. It had feck all to do with swearing at the cameras. Proverbial can of worms opened by the flippant bigwigs in the FA who as usual have bowed down to media pressure. Will the next player who says 'for fcuk sake referee' get a suspension. Methinks not

What did he do in the tunnell?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

In fairness, you could say this ban was retrospective and payback for his disgraceful behaviour towards officials in the last few years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Clown

United fans hilarious over this incident
blaming everyone but the culprit himself - so far ive heard them bleat about the FA, west ham fans for singing rude songs to him, and even the cameraman who shouldnt have been there apparently!
do they think Rooneys above the law every time? he was very very lucky a month ago for escaping a ban for fukk sake

short memories anyway, 8 months ago they were calling him all the names under the sun

time to act your age lads, an over-paid prima donna is banned for 2 games. Get over it

David McKeown

Perfectly happy with the ban, i presume the FA will now suspend the remaining matches this season until they have examined all camera angles on all games in an attempt to spot all swearing by anyone.  Having found every incident of it they will then have to cross reference the footage with the referees report and see what swearing has so far gone unpunished and take the appropriate action.  Otherwise it is disgraceful victimisation of someone who was trailed by the media over the incident.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Clown

it isnt a ban for swearing on a football pitch, and the FA arent setting that as a precedent. people coming out with that don't know what they're on about. If they were handing out bans for that Rooney would have been done long ago believe me, as foul mouthed as you could find

its a ban for, for no reason running to a camera and swearing several times down it deliberately, knowing full well millions of people would hear it on TV. its unprecedented by a player, i haven't seen an incident like it
combined with the fact that the FA pushed this respect campaign last week, and the fact he escaped a ban a while back - i think thats why theyve had to punish Rooney this time

laoislad

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 04, 2011, 06:40:18 PM
Somebody explain to me the difference between what Wayne Rooney did and what Harry Redknapp did in the clip below and the rationale behind punishing one but not the other?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk&feature=related

Suppose Ben Thatcher might be asking the same question re Rooney's horrible elbow on James McCarthy.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Worker

Somebody explain to me the difference between what Wayne Rooney did and what Harry Redknapp did in the clip below and the rationale behind punishing one but not the other?

never seen this interview before.... was it live on tv?

new devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oLcBGGlg0&NR=1

This is the 1st time i've seen it since watching it live and its a 100 times worse than i remembered...What is wrong with his head, ever since all the shit with him looking a transfer hes been a moddy lil w**k. I still hope he fucks off in the summer

new devil

Quote from: The Worker on April 04, 2011, 10:00:17 PM

never seen this interview before.... was it live on tv?
:-\

Yea and some joke Arry giving out about Rooney today...Should he not also of gotten a ban for that?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: laoislad on April 04, 2011, 09:49:17 PM

Suppose Ben Thatcher might be asking the same question re Rooney's horrible elbow on James McCarthy.

So you can't explain it then? Thanks.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: new devil on April 04, 2011, 10:02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oLcBGGlg0&NR=1

This is the 1st time i've seen it since watching it live and its a 100 times worse than i remembered...What is wrong with his head, ever since all the shit with him looking a transfer hes been a moddy lil w**k. I still hope he f**ks off in the summer

Idiotic no doubt but the punishment is still excessive.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead