Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

In his time in charge Jack has never named a dummy team so I would be surprised if that team does not start.
Hope Tommy Griffin will do OK but I suspect it may be a disaster waiting to happen, have to say I was surprised Padraig Reidy is not starting.
We need to stick on the dubs coat tails for as long as possible.

Frank Casey

Kerry Mike - are you up friday evening to sort out the traffic lights for the team coach or what.

I hope to be away early Monday morning sometime one I've greased the Massey Ferguson. I'm a small bit concerned that it won't understand the Garmin Sat Nav but shure it'll know the way anyway.

Is it still one way along the canals?
KERRY 3:7

Kerry Mike

QuoteKerry Mike - are you up friday evening to sort out the traffic lights for the team coach or what.

Yes going on Friday to get a good run at the weekend. The bottle of tae will hardly last until Monday but will keep it in my sock for as long as possible.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

armaghniac

One last fling, KM. I hope you have a new avatar ready. For once the country is behind Dublin.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

CĂșig huaire

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2009, 01:23:14 AM
One last fling, KM. I hope you have a new avatar ready. For once the country is behind Dublin.

Not a chance, most people will be supporting Kerry.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Fuzzman

I will be supporting the Dubs as I want a Tyrone v Dublin final.

I really can't decide how this match is gonna go.
Kerry certainly seem to have their problems but think they'll be happy to be back in HQ and wont be scared of Dublin.

Dublin look a better team than this time last year and they seem to have the new tactic of holding some of the older heads in reserve for the all important last 10-15 mins.

I think if they can tighten up their defence & deal with Tommy "hold yer man off" Walsh & Gooch then they've a good chance.
Bernard Brogan will cause them trouble but Alan needs to up his perfromance from the Kildare game.

I can't pick a winner but unless Kerry wake up from their summer slumber so far I think they could make for an early exit.

I watched the Road to Croker from last week there last night.
Just wondering what is going through Tagh Kennelly's head this last few days when he's struggling to make the team and the team are not firing on all cyclinders.
He was saying that in Sydney the club does everything for you like get you a new car or new TV
I wonder does he miss it at all and does he feel like many people who have been away from home for a number of years that he doesn't really belong anywhere any more.

LandErIn

From the Kerry team that got to All-Ireland Minor Finals and U21 finals in last 2-3 years,are Tommy Walsh, BJ Walsh and David Moran the onle ones to make it through to senior ranks?

Zulu

Killian Young is another anyway and i'm sure one or two of the subs are as well.

LandErIn

I remember a boy who was full forward on one of thse teams Paddy Curran, he was a class minor player.  Is he still playing football.

Gnevin

Am surprised there was no changes in the middle of the park but maybe the plan is spring Wheelo and Ryan off the bench if needed .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Seamus

Quote from: LandErIn on July 30, 2009, 03:21:32 PM
I remember a boy who was full forward on one of thse teams Paddy Curran, he was a class minor player.  Is he still playing football.

Paddy Curran did his cruciate last year, not sure if he is back playing yet. Paul O'Connor is another from the U21s on the panel. Another, Kieran O'Leary pulled out of the panel on his own accord.

Tadhg Kennelly would be a definite starter only for injury, his hand is still nor right. He was Kerry's best player over both games against Cork. I would have him midfield.

Amazed Tommy Griffin is starting, very vulnerable at full back.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Fuzzman

Both teams have dodgy full backs?

muppet

Quote from: LandErIn on July 30, 2009, 03:21:32 PM

He was the class act on the team that lost the 2006 Minor Final Final to end all Finals to the Rossies. Seemed a class player alright but even Ros haven't yet brought through many of that team. Wasn't Tommy Walsh midfield on that team?
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Tommy famously caught 14 kickouts in the first half of that game in Croke Park. Never seen anything like it. Don't know why kerry don't use him as a roving corner forward with a licence to come out for kickouts.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2009, 01:23:14 AM

Speak for yourself armaghniac.  ;)