Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 24, 2013, 01:24:41 PM
If memory serves me correctly Omagh played consecutively for 4 weeks in 2005. In the 4th week they were aked to play 3 times within 7 days, a semi and semi replay v errigal on the wed nite (1st game went to extra time). Played the final v carmen the following sunday.
Serious schedule which arguably prohibited their chances of glory. (think they lost final by a point)
hat is correct. They had 5 games in 4 weeks. An aging Carrickmore team had 4 games in successive weeks as well. I can remember both teams being completely out on their feet in the last few minutes. Carrickmore had then to go to Casement the next week to play St Galls in the Ulster club. Is it any wonder they lost.
It will be the same this year. I don't see the Tyrone champions having much of a chance in Celtic park with the schedule they have to go through to get here

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Under Lights on September 24, 2013, 01:08:55 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 24, 2013, 11:49:19 AM
Can anyone explain why Errigal are being made play this Wednesday night, 4 days after a very tough replay, when the other 2 remaining quarter finals are on at the weekend? Surely common sense would say our game should also be at the weekend?

While I have some sympathy for Errigal Ciaran Firsts in regards to this it isn't unheard of in our county.
Ardboe and Trillick only had a four/five day turnaround this year too.
The manager is defiantly right to question it but I can't see any outcome other than it going ahead as scheduled.
I don't know why it can't be played on Friday night unless there is some restrictions we don't know about.

I would say Errigal would be 1/10 in Bookies for this one. Augher nothing to lose. If they cause an upset I can see a memorial DVD being released.

Paddy Power

Errigal Ciaran 1-4 Augher 7-2 Draw 9-1
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

giveherlong

Any word of dates for the remaining rounds of the all county league? Some division 3 teams still 5 games to play. What about dates for reserve championship? You would think the dates could be released so players and clubs can plan for these fixtures?

blewuporstuffed

13th October is county final day AFAIK
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

barelegs

Ronan McGuckin's over Errigal and Brian Gormley manages Carrickmore

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Under Lights on September 25, 2013, 01:02:10 PM
According to Tyrone McSherry of the Tyrone Herald- the draw for the semi finals of the championship takes place tonight. At half time. My God.
:o :o :o :o

predicted draw

Carrickmore v Winners of Moy/Trillick
Clonoe/Eglish v Augher/Errigal Ciaran

NDA

Mad to have draw at half time but sure why do something logical at this stage. Forcing Errigal to play tonight is a disgrace. County board really needs a massive shake up.

MCO

Quote from: Under Lights on September 25, 2013, 01:50:15 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 25, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
According to Tyrone McSherry of the Tyrone Herald- the draw for the semi finals of the championship takes place tonight. At half time. My God.

predicted draw

I'll go the opposite
Carrickmore V Augher/Errigal Ciaran Firsts
Clonoe/Eglish V Moy/Trillick

More like it!!!

winghalfback

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 24, 2013, 01:24:41 PM
If memory serves me correctly Omagh played consecutively for 4 weeks in 2005. In the 4th week they were aked to play 3 times within 7 days, a semi and semi replay v errigal on the wed nite (1st game went to extra time). Played the final v carmen the following sunday.
Serious schedule which arguably prohibited their chances of glory. (think they lost final by a point)

Clonoe played 5 weeks in a row in 2008 including extra time in the final and ulster v st eunans under a veil of controversy too

omagh_gael

Clearly the short turn around contributed to tonights close run affair ;)

LeoMc

predicted draw

Where do you want your prize sent to and PM me Saturdays lotto numbers.

Cosmic Fool

I fancy Trillick to turn carmen over and make the final.

Can't decide between Errigal and Clonoe on the other side! Although I would love to see Eglish cause a shock on that side but can't see it.

EC Unique

My but Augher were poor. I actually felt sorry for them. Anyway we are through with no major problems and can watch the other games now awaiting the winner.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: LeoMc on September 25, 2013, 09:25:17 PM

predicted draw

Where do you want your prize sent to and PM me Saturdays lotto numbers.

County Board always Try to make county Final as box office as they can to neighboring countys so that they get a as many people through the gates as possible,and will keep Errigal and Carrickmore  apart.
tonights game was massive damn squib. felt sorry for Augher in the end they are nowhere near as bad as they were made look tonight and in a derby game Errigal were never gonna take their foot of the gas. Everybody experiences nights and performances like these somewhere down through the years were absolutely nothing will go for you.
Further evidence that Errigal Ciaran will be the team to beat. so mobile from 1-15 

inroundthesquare

Semi Final Draws:

Moy/Trillick v Carrickmore
Errigal v Clonoe/Eglish

Moortown/Rock v Eskra/Strabane
Urney/Galbally v Stewartstown/Brackaville

Owen Roes/Loughmacrory v Tattyreagh
Aghaloo/Killeeshil v Killyman