Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2015, 08:45:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2015, 08:34:39 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on October 31, 2015, 08:29:43 PM
I am sick to death of the bollix van Gaal has united playing week in week out. Most boring team in the league. Create nothing and he plays martial out on the wing. The man hasn't a clue. Sooner we get rid the better.

Holland bored their way to World Cup semis last year. United are like that side.

Their victory over spain was far from boring.

A once off and Spain were brutal.

Other than RVP, Robben and Sneijder, you'd struggle to name a couple more on that team.

LVG said he's planning to leave United in 2017. He won't last that long.

stew

Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2015, 01:51:23 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2015, 08:45:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2015, 08:34:39 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on October 31, 2015, 08:29:43 PM
I am sick to death of the bollix van Gaal has united playing week in week out. Most boring team in the league. Create nothing and he plays martial out on the wing. The man hasn't a clue. Sooner we get rid the better.

Holland bored their way to World Cup semis last year. United are like that side.

Their victory over spain was far from boring.

A once off and Spain were brutal.

Other than RVP, Robben and Sneijder, you'd struggle to name a couple more on that team.

LVG said he's planning to leave United in 2017. He won't last that long.

Problem is Giggs is probably going to take over, I can just imagine the stick he will take at Liverpool, the banners will be special and they should be as he is a bad bastard.

Pep would do me. )

LVG is a bullshit artist, his team are a shadow of what United were in 2011/12 even despite the hundreds of millions spent, the difference between himself and Klopp could not be more stark, LVG loves his complicated 5-6 systems that his players cannot figure out and Klopp keeps is simple, one team is playing really well and enjoying themselves while the other is playing tight, and carrying a man who has mailed it in.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

I think until the Rooney situation is resolved (i.e. he is replaced by a decent striker) judgement must be reserved. The current period reminds me of just before Cantona was signed. United were boring, couldn't score, but were very solid at the back, conceding nothing. Cantona arrived and everything slipped into place. Luckily for Ferguson back then there was no transfer window and he was able to move for Eric in November. LVG will have to wait until January at the earliest. Not the greatest time to buy but they have to. Supposing Rooney was playing well - what would happen if he got injured for a time?

laoislad

What's happened that Memphis fella?
I remember at the time there were a good few Liverpool fans disappointed we didn't sign him, now there isn't a word about him. I don't generally watch United games very much unless its against one of the big clubs so I dunno if he is playing regularly or not but there isn't much being said about him on here.
Just wondering not trolling or anything!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 01, 2015, 03:06:51 PM
I think until the Rooney situation is resolved (i.e. he is replaced by a decent striker) judgement must be reserved. The current period reminds me of just before Cantona was signed. United were boring, couldn't score, but were very solid at the back, conceding nothing. Cantona arrived and everything slipped into place. Luckily for Ferguson back then there was no transfer window and he was able to move for Eric in November. LVG will have to wait until January at the earliest. Not the greatest time to buy but they have to. Supposing Rooney was playing well - what would happen if he got injured for a time?

Wayne Rooney the scapegoat on here it seems. Before Eric Cantona arrived at United they won the Fa Cup 1990,Cup winners cup 91 and league cup,finished 2nd in the league 92. This United team will finished 4th at best this season and are unlikely to win a trophy.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2015, 06:46:34 PM
I remember at the time there were a good few Liverpool fans disappointed we didn't sign him, now there isn't a word about him. I don't generally watch United games very much unless its against one of the big clubs so I dunno if he is playing regularly or not but there isn't much being said about him on here.

Strange there's not much opinion on here about this or the Scholes comments.

oakleaflad

Quote from: gawa316 on November 02, 2015, 03:13:32 PM

He's injured at the minute. For me he's looked better in the Champions league games than in the Premiership, looks like there is loads of potential there but hasn't put it together week in week out. Has been overshadowed by Martial but I wouldn't be worried that he will be a major flop or anything.

Scholes is right regarding their style of play but this is a different era from United's last great teams and playing a 4-4-2 is tactically naïve nowadays. Rooney's lack of form is a major part in this as he's playing in a position where a creative player should be. I'm sure Van Gaal couldn't care less what Scholes thinks though and rightly so.

GJL

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 02, 2015, 03:31:26 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 02, 2015, 03:13:32 PM

He's injured at the minute. For me he's looked better in the Champions league games than in the Premiership, looks like there is loads of potential there but hasn't put it together week in week out. Has been overshadowed by Martial but I wouldn't be worried that he will be a major flop or anything.

Scholes is right regarding their style of play but this is a different era from United's last great teams and playing a 4-4-2 is tactically naïve nowadays. Rooney's lack of form is a major part in this as he's playing in a position where a creative player should be. I'm sure Van Gaal couldn't care less what Scholes thinks though and rightly so.

He should not care less about what Scholes says and rightly so. What he should care about is the fact that what Scholes said is exactly right, Utd have no attacking creativity and as a result the goals are few and far between. He needs to address this right away. Luke Shaw is a big loss as he was attacking very well down the wing.

NAG1

The problem with his system and its lack of creativity is that alot of does come from the wings and especially the wing back overlapping to create 2v1 in the opposition full back positions. Luke Shaw was doing this extremely well at the beginning of the season and the team was still unbalanced because it wasnt happening down the right. Now it is happening on either flank.

Problem is that Rooney always comes to the ball to feet as he hasnt got pace to go behind therefore teams can press up higher and squeeze MF meaning turn overs are inevitable.

Higher tempo to the passing is required to create more chances too, all well and good holding possession but it needs to be quicker to create gaps.

stew

It appears highs and depay missed the team bus for today's game, if true neither are doing themselves any favors.

gawa316

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2015, 05:42:04 PM
It appears highs and depay missed the team bus for today's game, if true neither are doing themselves any favors.

Oh aye what's Giggsy been at now??

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gawa316 on November 03, 2015, 05:48:12 PM

I was trying to figure out who highs was.

gawa316

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 03, 2015, 05:59:44 PM

I was trying to figure out who highs was.

Me too, see it on BBC website...hope he's not teaching that young cub bad habits

BennyCake

In the class of 92 documentary last week, Giggs more or less said his wife didn't want him at a loose end with nothing to do after retiring. I wonder why...

stew

No idea, a mate just said the missed the team bus according to the internet, I thought it was a wind up myself as Giggs has no prior form for that sort of thing.

Maybe he was shagging his sisters husband, you never know with Giggs!