10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

So it took 10 years for one of them to finally admit to cheating Armagh. It'll probably be 50 years before they own up to gouging Colm Cooper.

They will never win another AI until they admit all their crimes. Karma will have its say.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: haveaharp on October 08, 2013, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 08, 2013, 11:52:37 AM
Facts are. Jordan as stated made a go at confronting Marsden.  Marsden struck, Jordan made a meal out of it and went down, Marsden straight red. The argument of Jordans behaviour doesn't come into it. When you raise your fist you walk regardless of the provocation. Armagh supporters have spent the last ten years directing the blame towardsJordan for getting Marsden sent off he didn't Marsden was the cause of it himself by raising his fist.  If I was an Armagh supporter I would be reserving most of my anger towards Marsden for falling for Jordans gamesmanship.

No Jordan ran 10 yards at him so was the instigator whatever way you look at it.

Which rule is that you're quoting, exactly, where to 'run at an opponent' is an offence?

Had Marsden put both his hands up at chest level, with palms open and facing outwards, in defence, then nothing could have befallen him; swinging wildly is a whole different matter.

You'd swear Jordan ran at him like Kennelly did at Murphy in the 2009 final, to listen to some of the bleating hereon (from the usual sources).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

Is there any good footage online of the incident?  As far as I remember, Jordan was in the wrong and was a disgrace.  Marsdens at worst made an attempt to push him away.  I wasn;t complaining at the time, but even with my blinkers on its impossible to argue for Jordan.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 08, 2013, 01:30:41 PM
Facts are. Jordan as stated made a go at confronting Marsden.  Marsden struck, Jordan made a meal out of it and went down, Marsden straight red. The argument of Jordans behaviour doesn't come into it. When you raise your fist you walk regardless of the provocation. Armagh supporters have spent the last ten years directing the blame towardsJordan for getting Marsden sent off he didn't Marsden was the cause of it himself by raising his fist.  If I was an Armagh supporter I would be reserving most of my anger towards Marsden for falling for Jordans gamesmanship.

No Jordan ran 10 yards at him so was the instigator whatever way you look at it.

Which rule is that you're quoting, exactly, where to 'run at an opponent' is an offence?

Had Marsden put both his hands up at chest level, with palms open and facing outwards, in defence, then nothing could have befallen him; swinging wildly is a whole different matter.

You'd swear Jordan ran at him like Kennelly did at Murphy in the 2009 final, to listen to some of the bleating hereon (from the usual sources).

Jordan is lucky it wasn't hurling, he'd have got a hurl in the head and the ref would have waved play on. Cyril Farrell would have talked about Marden's passion and Ger Loughnane would have lambasted Jordan for not biting the end off the hurl with his teeth.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Sure Jordan's jaw had some lump on it the next day. Marsden hit him some whack, I'll give him that.

The appeal was turned down after further video footage was analysed so Joe got him off on an administration technicality. Cynical, cynical stuff by Armagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Im loving this thread - its great that this Tyrone team is still giving us enjoyment even after most of them have retired. The ability to get under the skin of Armagh and Kerry folk is a great gift that they have passed down to future generations.
That was never a square ball!!

haveaharp

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 08, 2013, 01:30:41 PM

Kennelly and Murphy ? If i remember right in the first few seconds Kennelly did actually wallop Murphy and got no punishment. If thats the same incident you refer to. Marsden with palms open and facing outwards - are you having a laugh. Its not a religious ceremony we are talking about.

ONeill

Quote from: Sidney on October 07, 2013, 11:47:41 PM
Funny how the all same people who saw a "punch" by Marsden are the same ones who didn't see the eye gouge on the Gooch in 2005.

Tyrone supporters are as one eyed as what their players tried to make the Gooch.

Did you see it? Did the umpires see it? Did the ref see it? Did Gooch see it? No, no, no and no. Not even the cameras. No one. Gooch was up to his old tricks I think. I wouldn't be surprised if he gouged himself.

If a lonely Dromore man falls down the stairs with no witnesses, did it happen?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: haveaharp on October 08, 2013, 02:36:55 PM
Kennelly and Murphy ? If i remember right in the first few seconds Kennelly did actually wallop Murphy and got no punishment. If thats the same incident you refer to. Marsden with palms open and facing outwards - are you having a laugh. Its not a religious ceremony we are talking about.

Yes, and Jordan didn't wallop Marsden, didn't even touch him (no matter what anyone thinks he was about to do)!

When you make to protect yourself and push someone away in self-defence, you'll find that it will be with open and outward facing palms, unless you would do that differently on the field (by lashing out), in which case you've probably walked a right few times yourself.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

LIke this Fear?

He even has one of those wee Armagh symbols around his neck for extra team spirit.

Sidney

Quote from: ONeill on October 08, 2013, 02:39:17 PM

If a lonely Dromore man falls down the stairs with no witnesses, did it happen?
Typical Tyrone diving.

rodney trotter

I remember last year, Jordan was giving Seanie Johnston abuse over his transfer to Kildare on twitter, Johnston replied with at least I didn't cheat to get a player sent off in a All Ireland final. Jordan said feck all after that.

Sidney

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 08, 2013, 03:30:18 PM
I remember last year, Jordan was giving Seanie Johnston abuse his transfer to Kildare on twitter, Johnston replied with at least I didn't cheat to get a player sent off in a All Ireland final. Jordan said feck all after that.
Johnston 1 Jordan 0  ;D

haveaharp

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 08, 2013, 02:42:42 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on October 08, 2013, 02:36:55 PM

Yes, and Jordan didn't wallop Marsden, didn't even touch him (no matter what anyone thinks he was about to do)!

When you make to protect yourself and push someone away in self-defence, you'll find that it will be with open and outward facing palms, unless you would do that differently on the field (by lashing out), in which case you've probably walked a right few times yourself.

Never the once. Gary Linekar type player. ;)

Sidney

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 08, 2013, 02:28:18 PM
Im loving this thread - its great that this Tyrone team is still giving us enjoyment even after most of them have retired. The ability to get under the skin of Armagh and Kerry folk is a great gift that they have passed down to future generations.
The rest of us just laugh at how Kerry's status as team of the decade continues to get under Tyrone people's skin.