McConville gloats about beating Dr Crokes, expects an easier win this time

Started by Mike Sheehy, February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

From Hoganstand.com

QuoteMcConville: Crokes comments could motivate Cross'
14 February 2012

Crossmaglen's Oisin McConvilleOisin McConville admits Dr Crokes' segregation comments could further motivate Crossmaglen.

As the defending All-Ireland club football champions prepare to put their title on the line against the Kerry kingpins this weekend, former Armagh star McConville says in the Examiner that Crokes' call for fan segregation will probably increase the Crossmaglen resolve, although he also adds that they are already motivated by a desire to improve on their performances against the same opposition in the 2007 All-Ireland final(s):

"I'd be lying if I said it hasn't had some sort of an effect. I'm not sure we really needed that much motivation.

"A part of motivation for Crokes is we feel we didn't do ourselves justice, especially in the first game when I think we were lucky to get a draw and I think everybody would accept that.

"In last year's semi-final, we were dead and buried, came back, dead and buried, came back. Last year's All-Ireland final, we did enough to get across the line. I'd rather we went out and expressed ourselves.

"If we do come across a team that is better than us that's fair enough but to actually put in a real, real good performance.

"I just know there are big, big performances in us, whether it's the next day or if we have a day after that..."

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM
From Hoganstand.com

QuoteMcConville: Crokes comments could motivate Cross'
14 February 2012

Crossmaglen's Oisin McConvilleOisin McConville admits Dr Crokes' segregation comments could further motivate Crossmaglen.

As the defending All-Ireland club football champions prepare to put their title on the line against the Kerry kingpins this weekend, former Armagh star McConville says in the Examiner that Crokes' call for fan segregation will probably increase the Crossmaglen resolve, although he also adds that they are already motivated by a desire to improve on their performances against the same opposition in the 2007 All-Ireland final(s):

"I'd be lying if I said it hasn't had some sort of an effect. I'm not sure we really needed that much motivation.

"A part of motivation for Crokes is we feel we didn't do ourselves justice, especially in the first game when I think we were lucky to get a draw and I think everybody would accept that.

"In last year's semi-final, we were dead and buried, came back, dead and buried, came back. Last year's All-Ireland final, we did enough to get across the line. I'd rather we went out and expressed ourselves.

"If we do come across a team that is better than us that's fair enough but to actually put in a real, real good performance.

"I just know there are big, big performances in us, whether it's the next day or if we have a day after that..."

Where is the gloating?
Where does McConville say that Cross expect an easier win this time round?
You're a complete knobend  who can't even dissect the meaning of fairly innocuous interview.

Syferus

Captain Obvious

I detect no gloating. Your thread title should read "Crokes comments could motivate Cross"

tyssam5

trueblue1234

Poor Mike. After realising that Kerry wans have made themselves the laughing stock of Ireland over the last few weeks, Is this really the best effort you could make at deflecting attention away from yourselves?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

sheamy

The clearest indication yet that Kerry Mike is no more a Kerry man than Seanie Johnston is a Lilywhite...

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

Ó Sé hits out at Kerry 'whingers'

Páidí Ó Sé has criticised the Kerry players for what he feels is their recent habit of questioning referees' decisions, claiming it makes the players look like 'whingers'.

Ó Sé told The Examiner at the launch of his Tayto Longford Arms Comórtas Péile: "It's a thing I have studied very closely. It's the one characteristic I've noticed that has crept into Kerry football.

"It was never part of Kerry football, not when I was growing up or when I played or when I was manager.

"We're getting into this habit of questioning decisions and getting into arguments and portraying ourselves as whingers.

"It's something I'd like to see blocked out of our game. You train and prepare to do your job as a player - let the referee do his.

"They're over-reacting at the moment, questioning a lot of what the referee is doing.

"But he's not going to change his mind. They're doing themselves more harm than good."

Ó Sé continued: "I can certainly tell you Jack O'Connor is not telling them to crib at referees. Jack wouldn't be part of that, it's not in his make-up.

"It's only the players who must take it upon themselves to behave themselves. There's a duty to play well but there's also a duty to wear the jersey with respect and honour.

"We're proud of our football in Kerry and every day we take to the field with the green and gold jersey is a proud day for us.

"It's important to Kerry that this pride is developed and expressed on the field in the best way, not by giving out to the referee all of the time."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0215/kerry_osep.html
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Kerry people in ungracious behaviour shocker. Good man Mikey, keep the flag flying!
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Paidi is right, Kerry and (Meath people as well) need to take a long hard look at themselves - the country has grown to hate them.   

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: sheamy on February 15, 2012, 08:48:08 AM
The clearest indication yet that Kerry Mike is no more a Kerry man than Seanie Johnston is a Lilywhite...

No, no, Kerry Mike is true Kerry, whereas Mike Sheehy is pure... <insert as appropriate>.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...