Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill16 Blues

Assuming this does go through in the end it could be great. From Dublin point of view I really like the look of Michael Murphy from Donegal. We'll have him. Also like Karl Lacey would fit in nicely. Need a midfielder so maybe we'll make an offer to Aidan OShea from Mayo. Thanks Seanie this could be just what the stronger counties need! To hell with the rules and the traditions of the GAA and it's greater good!

DuffleKing

I'll say it again - this breaks no rules

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 02, 2012, 07:28:37 PM
Btw, you are one twisted individual and your posts on this are just bizarre and not rooted in any logic. You should pick a English premier league team and follow with gusto as they play by the rules you seem to like.

Lols. You absolute bollocks - away and catch a grip of yourself.

If theres any part of my thinking you dont understand, then I'm more than happy to clarify. What is bizarre is the likes of the below post. Try to follow that one through on a logical basis. Contradiction central, and makes it clear you havent the slightest notion what you are on about.

Oh and great dig about the 'English premier league team'  - it really hurts  :'(

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 01, 2012, 03:01:02 PM
-He is not the 1st player to transfer from Cavan but probably the 1st to transfer because he was simply dropped and to go to a county where he has no connections.
- I don't know Sean Johnston, but I know what he has done and while I'd like to have seen him react by digging in and fixing his flaws instead he has simply shown exactly the type of character he is, i.e. one we are better off withiout.
- I am happy he is never going to play for us again.
- I don't wish him well in his endeavors to play for Kildare because it is against the whole ethos of the GAA and there is no good reason he should be allowed play for them. He is a mercenary looking for glory in a foreign county. Couldn't be more wrong.
- Cavan tried to get lads with Cavan connections for the most part. One exception was Rory Gallagher and I was against that myself and it was a total waste of time.
- Was he that brilliant?? At times yes but at what cost to the rest of the team? I could count his brilliant championship performances on one hand. I'd need my other hand and toes to count the amount of games he quit trying in.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on May 02, 2012, 09:31:00 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 02, 2012, 06:22:34 PM
Johnston knew Hugh Mcgrillan and a few other Kildare players from his time in DCU. Johnston and Mcgrillan were both on the team that won the sigerson in 2010. He also knew the Kildare trainer Julie Davis. She was trainer of Cavan when Donal Keoghan was manager. He also knew the Kildare selector Niall Carew through college football.. Carew manages Maynooth. He didn't just pick them for the craic..

And the thing about him being a glory hunting mercenary doesn't make sense. Kildare have won nothing of note the last 5/6 years  till the league win last sunday. A few close defeats is all. They were actually lucky to get promotion in the final game needing a 3rd min injury time pen from Johnny Doyle to get a point and seal promotion - otherwise Galway were going up.. Glory hunting is if went to Dublin or down south to Cork or Kerry or even another Ulster team in Tyrone.

He wouldnt be an impact sub for Dublin. So he'd be wasting his time with us. But I'm sure in time he'll gravitate towards club football in dublin.

The funny thing is it's an ex-clubmate of mine (a Dub) who's now heavily involved in the Kildare supporters club that's putting up the accomodation for him.

heffo

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 02, 2012, 10:50:22 PM

Eh it does yeah.

1. He wasn't living in the address he gave - it was marked as 'not known at address' and returned to Croke Park.
2. He has to play Championship with St Kevins before he can play for Kildare.

Anyhoo I've heard HQ are pulling out all the stops to not let this through..whether it goes through or not is a different matter.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: haranguerer on May 03, 2012, 08:38:35 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 02, 2012, 07:28:37 PM
Btw, you are one twisted individual and your posts on this are just bizarre and not rooted in any logic. You should pick a English premier league team and follow with gusto as they play by the rules you seem to like.

Lols. You absolute bollocks - away and catch a grip of yourself.

If theres any part of my thinking you dont understand, then I'm more than happy to clarify. What is bizarre is the likes of the below post. Try to follow that one through on a logical basis. Contradiction central, and makes it clear you havent the slightest notion what you are on about.

Oh and great dig about the 'English premier league team'  - it really hurts  :'(

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 01, 2012, 03:01:02 PM
-He is not the 1st player to transfer from Cavan but probably the 1st to transfer because he was simply dropped and to go to a county where he has no connections.
- I don't know Sean Johnston, but I know what he has done and while I'd like to have seen him react by digging in and fixing his flaws instead he has simply shown exactly the type of character he is, i.e. one we are better off withiout.
- I am happy he is never going to play for us again.
- I don't wish him well in his endeavors to play for Kildare because it is against the whole ethos of the GAA and there is no good reason he should be allowed play for them. He is a mercenary looking for glory in a foreign county. Couldn't be more wrong.
- Cavan tried to get lads with Cavan connections for the most part. One exception was Rory Gallagher and I was against that myself and it was a total waste of time.
- Was he that brilliant?? At times yes but at what cost to the rest of the team? I could count his brilliant championship performances on one hand. I'd need my other hand and toes to count the amount of games he quit trying in.

OK then. You pretend you are a GAA legislator. Explain to me in what circumstances a player should be allowed to leave a county and play for another unrelated county - by unrelated I mean they have no family ties to such as a parent having been born there. Perhaps you think everyone should be allowed play for whoever they like - is that it?

AZOffaly

Quote from: heffo on May 03, 2012, 08:54:35 AM

Eh it does yeah.

1. He wasn't living in the address he gave - it was marked as 'not known at address' and returned to Croke Park.

Anyhoo I've heard HQ are pulling out all the stops to not let this through..whether it goes through or not is a different matter.

Is that a rule heffo? I know lads who played with Offaly before Senior Championship with their club. They would have played Junior/Intermediate with the club, but may not have reached the 'A' club team yet. And then they'd be on Senior squads for League/Challenge Matches with the county.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 03, 2012, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: heffo on May 03, 2012, 08:54:35 AM

Eh it does yeah.

Is that a rule heffo? I know lads who played with Offaly before Senior Championship with their club. They would have played Junior/Intermediate with the club, but may not have reached the 'A' club team yet. And then they'd be on Senior squads for League/Challenge Matches with the county.

It's the so-called 'Seanie Johnson' rule brought in at Congress last month

LeoMc

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on May 02, 2012, 09:49:54 PM
Assuming this does go through in the end it could be great. From Dublin point of view I really like the look of Michael Murphy from Donegal. We'll have him. Also like Karl Lacey would fit in nicely. Need a midfielder so maybe we'll make an offer to Aidan OShea from Mayo. Thanks Seanie this could be just what the stronger counties need! To hell with the rules and the traditions of the GAA and it's greater good!

Tyrone have a greater need. We'll see your 3 bedroom semi and raise you an En-suite and a twin cam.

AZOffaly

Ah. But how does it impact players who would be young lads, say just out of Minor. They might be from a strong club like Tullamore, Rhode or whatever, and not have played Championship yet. Are they not allowed be part of a league panel for the Senior County squad, or if they have played underage for the county are they eligible as well?

Onlooker

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 02, 2012, 09:36:16 PM
Yeah obviously he would want to test himself, i don't think he will walk into the Kildare move if it does go through..  they still have very good forwards maybe not as quite as good as the dubs.. a cameo role from the bench is what i'd expect from Johnston this year with Kildare unless they pick a few up a few injuries he might get a start. The team that won the league will be the team with Fogarty included for champo.
I doubt very much if "a cameo role from the bench" is what Seanie Johnston had in mind when he went to all the trouble to play for Kildare.  You could say that he has already had a role on the bench last Sunday in Croke Park.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 03, 2012, 11:23:31 AM
Ah. But how does it impact players who would be young lads, say just out of Minor. They might be from a strong club like Tullamore, Rhode or whatever, and not have played Championship yet. Are they not allowed be part of a league panel for the Senior County squad, or if they have played underage for the county are they eligible as well?

I don't have the rule to hand, but I'd imagine once you've played Championship at any grade with the club you're eligible.

Rory Gallagher transferred to a club in Cavan, played a few league games to allow him play county with Cavan and then transferred back to St Brigids in Dublin to play championship - new rule would eliminate this kind of thing.

rodney trotter

Well considering he has missed a full league campaign a cameo role is probaly the best he would be aspiring for at this stage. Not that there would be a reason why he couldn't break into the team. CCC is a right c**k up now with one of the main men pulling out with having kildare connections - i don't know if thats a good thing or not  for johnstons sake.

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 03, 2012, 11:36:19 AM
CCC is a right c**k up now with one of the main men pulling out with having kildare connections - i don't know if thats a good thing or not  for johnstons sake.

I can't see you've reached that conclusion at all.

It's standard practice for any individual with a conflict or potential conflict of interest to step aside for a given hearing.

Must be a slow news day in in the Indo.