UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Can't see Dooher starting and if he does I doubt he'll last 50 minutes. This is Antrim's best opportunity for a big scalp in 30 odd years, so long as they don't go in already beaten as they did in the final last year. Unless Harte has been spending the summer working out some secret plan B, these players don't have the legs for the running game.

tyronebhoy

Quote from: rrhf on May 21, 2010, 02:13:32 PM
By my counting thats 33 all ireland senior football medals on that Tyrone team.  Holy fcuk

And a further 10 on the bench.  Probably around 30 minor and U21 medals as well.

Incredibly Pascal McConnell, Kevin Hughes, Stephen O'Neill and Owen Mulligan also started the 1998 AI minor final. Brian McGuigan was on the bench that day too.

nrico2006

Quote from: Ulick on May 21, 2010, 03:35:05 PM
Can't see Dooher starting and if he does I doubt he'll last 50 minutes. This is Antrim's best opportunity for a big scalp in 30 odd years, so long as they don't go in already beaten as they did in the final last year. Unless Harte has been spending the summer working out some secret plan B, these players don't have the legs for the running game.

I love all this talk of how the Tyrone players have all 'lost their legs', you would swear they were all about 35 or something.  I wouldn't base too much on what you see in the league in the Winter months when teams are nowhere near their sharpest or fittest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ulick

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2010, 04:09:00 PM
I love all this talk of how the Tyrone players have all 'lost their legs', you would swear they were all about 35 or something.  I wouldn't base too much on what you see in the league in the Winter months when teams are nowhere near their sharpest or fittest.

Well Dooher held together with sticking tape as it is and as I remember he was abysmal in their first Championship game last year, so I wouldn't be expecting him to be able to tear up and down the field on Sunday as he normally does. I thought Tyrone were showing signs of ageing last year as it was and like Canute, not even Mickey Harte can hold back the force of nature, especially when he is persisting again with pretty much the same first 15.

Fuzzman

ILick these Armagh boys praying that this Tyrone team are spent
Yeah sure they're all well over 30.
Arent they?
Lads?
Lads?

Ye there?
lads?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: rrhf on May 21, 2010, 02:13:32 PM
By my counting thats 33 all ireland senior football medals on that Tyrone team.  Holy fcuk

Surely theres more?

P McConnell x 3
M Swift
Justin McMahon x 1
D Carlin x 2
D Harte x 2
R McMenaminn x 3
P Jordan x 3
K Hughes x 3
C Cavanagh x 1
B Dooher x 3
S Cavanagh x 3
Joe McMahon x 2
M Penrose x 2
S O'Neill x 3
O Mulligan x 3

34? I could be wrong but would like to know where if anyone could tell me.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

I think we all know by now that Stevie only has 2

Shit lads the Armagh lads are right.
Mickey has overlooked the possibility these lads are over the hill and will not have the legs

Will somebody ring him cos he'll never have thought of that and we'll get a hammering and he'll get the sack and Bad Aul Sean Cavanagh will be laughing all the way saying
"There write yer new book noo Mickey in al yer spare time Sor"

Puckoon

Will Brian McGuigan be pushing for a starting spot this summer, or will he be a bit part player brought on from the bench?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Ulick on May 21, 2010, 04:22:36 PM

Well Dooher held together with sticking tape as it is and as I remember he was abysmal in their first Championship game last year, so I wouldn't be expecting him to be able to tear up and down the field on Sunday as he normally does. I thought Tyrone were showing signs of ageing last year as it was and like Canute, not even Mickey Harte can hold back the force of nature, especially when he is persisting again with pretty much the same first 15.

I think a few people will be eating words about Dooher on Sunday from what I hear of his form in training.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

orangeman

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 21, 2010, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 21, 2010, 04:22:36 PM

I think a few people will be eating words about Dooher on Sunday from what I hear of his form in training.

it will make a change from eating hats !!! A remarkable player.

skeog

this game will prove that antrim got lucky last year baker will have plenty of time to eat breakfast and  attend photo opportunites bertie ahern didnt attend as many as baker

Gaffer

Reckon Antrim will give 100% and will come off the field proud of their performance.

Tyrone, on the other hand, will play no better than average with a few disappointing performances from key players!

Antrim 0 - 8 Tyrone 2 -11
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ardmhachaabu

Very optimistic of you gaffer.  I reckon Antrim are well up for it on Sunday from speaking to various ones.  I definitely wouldn't rule out a surprise from Antrim.  I will be there for the senior match with my boys and my Mrs, really looking forward to it now.

Any of yis who are congregating in fruithill are more than welcome to say hello.  I daresay I will be the only hallion at it in an Armagh top of some kind with 2 young babies and Mrs
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

cadhlancian

For all the shite talk about Tyrone being "done" and all the rest, here are some interesting stats. The age of the KERRY
team who won 3 in a row at tyrones expense in 1986, came from 7 down to win by 8...........hardly hanging on were they?
1) 29
2) 31
3) 29
4) 29
5) 30
6) 24
7) 30
8) 29
9) 24
10) 26
11) 30
12) 31