UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2010, 06:26:39 PM
What will the minute silence be for?

The demise of the game as we know and love it and a lament for the new rules.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
I'd say the Tyrone boys are shitting themselves now.

Antrim by 2.

The smell up here is unreal !

Tyrone by 5.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2010, 08:47:09 PM
Fcuk me, it's warm in Belfast. Dandered to the shop (2 minute walk), wearing a t-shirt and the sweat was running out of me.

You're not so bad it's only sweat that's running out of you. The shite is running out of us up here.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Some manure going about alright! Happy to see all the Belfast press hyping Antrim. Apparently according to Orla Bannon, expectations have never been lower for a Tyrone team entering the c'ship under MH.  ::)

Now that Tyrone actually have someone to take scores, I can see them killing Antrim off in the first half.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Any craic

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/tyrone-gaa-tv/ - belfast buses in Tyrone, whatever next. Keep watching til 1 min 30 in for Mickey saying refs have been told to 'sicken' everyone by blowing the handpasses.

Down South

Mickey Hartes cousins neighbours friends dog died during the week. It is getting beyond a joke these days. Anyone who ever had a drink in a GAA club gets a minutes silence.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2010, 09:28:37 PM
Quote from: Down South on May 22, 2010, 09:27:41 PM

Mickey Hartes cousins neighbours friends dog died during the week. It is getting beyond a joke these days. Anyone who ever had a drink in a GAA club gets a minutes silence.
It was for the famine last week. Every match.

It's for the recession this week.

Down South

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

What recession?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Possibly because May 16 was national commeration day for the Irish Famine.
H. L. Mencken

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Here what's the craic with getting to Casement in the back road. What's the best way in from Lisburn? Stewartstown Road?
H. L. Mencken

orangeman

Quote from: Down South on May 22, 2010, 09:36:37 PM

What recession?

Take your pick.

ONeill

Had a mid-afternoon dream that Colm Cavanagh had a stormer of a game, announcing himself in the national stage. Then he fecked up a clear goal chance. Some eejit shouted out "I've seen better hands on a leper". Colm was replaced by Mark Harte.

Actually think Colm might shine tomorrow.

What's an acceptable level of pre-match pints?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Down South

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2010, 09:47:29 PM
Quote from: Down South on May 22, 2010, 09:36:37 PM

What recession?

Take your pick.

Its only a recession if you are unemployed. I think we ve never had it better, your money goes a lot further these days. Land is cheap, they are practically giving houses away. what more could you want? An Antrim win tomorrow would just top things off.
What time is the game tomorrow? I have to be in Belfast at 10am, if its an early throw in I would stay on to watch it.

Hurler on the Bitch

Took a drive down Andytown way this evening and the place is looking all ready for the off. Flags, chip wrappers, flashing lights, boys in baseball hats with blue bags etc and that general feeling of anticipation on the road. So, up at ten, "service the wife", shower and wash the 'lad' (you never know as there might be a bit of loose on the go from Omagh tomorrow), a quick phone around, a few swals in the Hunting Lodge on the cards from about 1.00 pm and perhaps another few in the PD, two in Biddy Duffy's, a few tins from the off-licence at the Whitefort (perhaps another three pints there also) and a big long public pish up the side wall of Casement before we pay our way onto the terraces at about 3.30 and then half-cut, mouthing and slabbern, maybe then, we can dream.

I was watching the Antrim Tyrone highlights from '87 on the BBC website i.e. the day that we had the '86 finalists on the rack in the rain. Times have changed and from the half-empty green grassy slopes of the ground back then, I hope to see at least 30,000 there tomorrow - weather permitting. Strange but true but I was at that game (I was a mere pup) in Casement in '87 and the Tyrone ones had all their colours from the '86 all Ireland with them, and the Antrim fans could muster was one (yes one) - saffron flag, and that was a Papal flag that had been lying under someone's stairs since the Pope's visit in 1979. None of your replica jerseys from O' Neill's back then.

I have a Down in the lashing rain feeling from 2000 feeling about tomorrow .. as Jackie Charlton would said: 'Put 'em under pressure!!!!'