Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 03, 2016, 12:12:43 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 03, 2016, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: an léirmheastóir on November 03, 2016, 11:01:42 AM
So my first post is a controversial one maybe.

I have been told by several players from the Clonoe team that they had a vote regarding if they wanted Cassidy to stay on another year, now I'll not say figures but I was told the final vote was an overwhelming no that they wanted a complete change in management. Supposedly Clonoe committee overruled the players saying the committee picks the management not the players. So Cassidy stays but Mc Cabe and Fox are sacked, supposedly?
Have any of you ever come across a situation like this before?

Turmoil in Clonoe, that's definitely an interesting 1st post!!  Perhaps our Clonoe contributors can expand on this  :-X

Interesting first post....Not sure on the vote I heard different.. from what I heard was Cassidy has met the Senior "senior" players and they want him to stay.. McCabe and Fox gone for sure not sure if "sacked" or not Fox is gone I heard and Clonoe have asked McCabe to stay on with Reserve team which he is considering and has to get back to the committee on... That's came from within our club last night..

Big Togs would know, whered he ever go?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

tothetop03

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 03, 2016, 03:39:02 PM
Quote from: skeog on November 03, 2016, 03:28:15 PM
Strabane will be motivated to remain senior, E.C. nothing to play for fancy the Sigersons to survive.

Probably Sigersons only hope but EC not showing any signs of taking their foot of the gas.

Any news on new managers for next year, bar the Clonoe circus?

All depends on what you want to hear we could make up stories to suit our own agenda, dealing with little or no truth.. Heard the board have not fully backed management in Coalisland Ardboe Carrickmore and Dromore...but could only be rumours time will tell I suppose...

an léirmheastóir

I have been told by several players from the Clonoe team that they had a vote regarding if they wanted Cassidy to stay on another year, now I'll not say figures but I was told the final vote was an overwhelming no that they wanted a complete change in management. Supposedly Clonoe committee overruled the players saying the committee picks the management not the players. So Cassidy stays but Mc Cabe and Fox are sacked, supposedly?

Turmoil in Clonoe, that's definitely an interesting 1st post!!  Perhaps our Clonoe contributors can expand on this  :-X

Interesting first post....Not sure on the vote I heard different.. from what I heard was Cassidy has met the Senior "senior" players and they want him to stay.. McCabe and Fox gone for sure not sure if "sacked" or not Fox is gone I heard and Clonoe have asked McCabe to stay on with Reserve team which he is considering and has to get back to the committee on... That's came from within our club last night..

The bit I couldn't figure out was supposedly over 2/3 of the senior panel said no but the committee supposedly said it's their decision not players, who plays football who does the hard training from Jan to Nov in any team would they not have a say in who manages them? Is there a dictatorship in Clonoe? I would have thought they would have plenty of big voices in their senior ranks that wouldn't stake much nonsense.

skeog

Does not matter who is over Clonoe boat has sailed in regard to winning O Neill cup in the next couple of years.

tothetop03

Quote from: redzone on October 31, 2016, 06:22:25 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 31, 2016, 04:22:42 PM
What's the truth in the story that Conor McKenna was kicked out of Aus because he was playing for Eglish and drinking this past 7 weeks.

Daft as a brush

I see he signed a new contract today...good thread this for lies, maliciousness and rumours with a tad of jealousy I guess!!!

Norf Tyrone

You shoulda heard the stories/ rumours I heard prior to our game v Tattyeagh.

Apparently Tattyreagh paid us to throw it and The Derg paid us to win it.

Neither true although I wish I had of thought of the latter beforehand.   :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Up The Middle

Quote from: skeog on November 03, 2016, 06:24:27 PM
Does not matter who is over Clonoe boat has sailed in regard to winning O Neill cup in the next couple of years.

Clonoe will still be one of the top teams In the county over the next 5-6 years, with a bit of luck and the right system in place will be well within a shout of another O'Neill cup.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2016, 11:19:56 PM
Quote from: an léirmheastóir on November 03, 2016, 05:33:54 PM

The bit I couldn't figure out was supposedly over 2/3 of the senior panel said no but the committee supposedly said it's their decision not players, who plays football who does the hard training from Jan to Nov in any team would they not have a say in who manages them? Is there a dictatorship in Clonoe? I would have thought they would have plenty of big voices in their senior ranks that wouldn't stake much nonsense.
That's the way it happens (or is supposed to happen) in all clubs. Players don't pick management and tbh should not be having votes of confidence in their manager. Committees are there to select managers and Clonoe's committee should have player representitives to put forward the views of the players. Your system seems to be a hell of a lot more chaotic than the system Clonoe appear to have in place. At the end of the day, it will be the committee (who can be voted out) who will be held accountable if they make a balls of a management appointment. How do you hold the players accountable for such?

I think players have a right to choose the manager I agree committee looks for and appoints the right man for their job but if a manager has been in place for several year do players not have a right to say if they want a change or not. Feeling in Clonoe is that the management has been in place for to long some suggest that it's the same set up since Clonoe won in 08. Cassidy was with Derry in 09 & 10 but was still on the line v trillick in 09. Maybe Clonoe people feel he has run his course and a different voice in the changing room would make a lot of difference.
Out of interest who is the longest serving club manager in Tyrone football at the minute?

In hiding

KIDDO 4

Reserve championship Omagh 1.4, Clonoe 1.4, 20 gone second half

KIDDO 4

KIDDO 4

KIDDO 4

KIDDO 4

Full time Omagh 2.5, Clonoe 1.7 reserve championship

tothetop03

Connor Clarke came on for Omagh reserves last night,by jaysus he is stiff!! I though current county players could not play reserve championship...Not that he mattered or altered the game...