The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 10, 2011, 05:00:15 PM
Typical Stoke. Liverpool had chances and didn't take them, passing was poor today aswell.  Not fussed with Skertl at right back either.
Typical Liverpool you mean. Age old problem, which unfortunately United don't seem to suffer from. Shrek is on fire, not literally more's the pity.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2011, 11:29:01 PM
Just seen that, never a penalty.
Carragher makes it easy for the ref by having his arm around Walters. Bag of shite from Henderson.

Tony Baloney

Milltown Row2

they had five chances in one play!! crazy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on September 10, 2011, 08:45:47 PM
A reality check for us all to be fair. All of a sudden the next 6 games make for a tough month or so. With Everton, Spurs and Man Utd to play. We need to see where we are around the end of November and then our targets for the season should become more clear. Top four obviously but any romantic notions of a title challenge can probably be put to bed for now which was is a shame because we were all beginning to dream a wee bit. It has been a fantastic last 12 months in which the club have come a long way since the new owners came in. Lets hope we can bounce back from today next week at Spurs but things are going in the right direction despite today's setback.

Slight over reaction there Minus15 if you don't mind me saying!

The league was always gonna be tough to win this year especially when you see the start Manchester City have made to the season,top 4 was always the priority I reckon for this season.

Liverpool dominated for 90mins yesterday,got a poxy penalty decision given against them and then spent the next 70mins trying to break past the team bus that was put across the goal line while also missing two glaring chances that on other days they would have scored,It was a bit like the Russia Ireland game the other night.I read it was something like 22 shots to 2.
There was questions about Liverpool deserving two penalty's themselves but honestly I couldn't see it myself in either incident.

Stoke in fairness defended brilliantly and every club will find it tough against them in the Britannia,Chelsea only drew 0-0 with them already.

It was just one of those days.I would be more concerned if we had created nothing for 90mins and got battered 3-0 that would be a reality check! as it was I thought they played well enough to win the match and were just unlucky in the end,as I said hardly a reality check.
If they play like that and create chances like they were in most matches this year they will win the majority of them IMO.

On a positive note I thought Bellamy looked very lively yesterday when he came on,himself and Enrique linked up very well at times.
Downing also provided some great crosses and was decent throughout the game.
Adam was poor enough but I wonder how fit he was after his injury playing for Scotland.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

That result and game annoyed in on Saturday, wasn't the display or that, just the manner of defeat - suspect peno given and two peno's not given for us, i'd have given the 2  ;)

One of those games where nothing was going to go in - Suarezs miss at end was a real blow. As for Hendersons and Adams efforts  ::)

Maybe we still lack that ruthlessness up front.

Last year we lost 2-0 on stoke and were lucky to get Nil. So one positive is that its a million miles away from that defeat. Pressure now going to Spurs at weekend, have to be looking at 3 points.

ross4life

Quote from: Bingo on September 12, 2011, 10:17:41 AM
That result and game annoyed in on Saturday, wasn't the display or that, just the manner of defeat - suspect peno given and two peno's not given for us, i'd have given the 2  ;)

One of those games where nothing was going to go in - Suarezs miss at end was a real blow. As for Hendersons and Adams efforts  ::)

Maybe we still lack that ruthlessness up front.

Last year we lost 2-0 on stoke and were lucky to get Nil. So one positive is that its a million miles away from that defeat. Pressure now going to Spurs at weekend, have to be looking at 3 points.

Suarez reaction says it all but if one was a Stoke fan they would be praising Begovic.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Link

Not sure if this is news to anyone!

Meireles said Liverpool did not fulfill a promise that he would get a 100% pay rise if he impressed in the first year!

"I was aware that Liverpool wanted to sell me in the summer, which was a bit surprising to me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14823977.stm

Any one know what his wage was last season?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Link on September 13, 2011, 11:33:46 AM

Meireles said Liverpool did not fulfill a promise that he would get a 100% pay rise if he impressed in the first year!
"I was aware that Liverpool wanted to sell me in the summer, which was a bit surprising to me."

Sorry where did he say he was promised a 100% payrise??

Bingo

Its all rumour and speculation but there is plenty of conflicting stories from club and player in this case.

He says he didn't want to leave but when he said club where open to offers, he did want to leave.

Bottom line, he's gone, club got a few quid and life goes on. I'd have prefered to keep him but hopefully he'll be replaced in January.

brokencrossbar1

He was signed under the old owners at a relatively low wage with a view to having it increased at the end of the year.  The new owners were not prepared to be held under an agreement made by someone else and he moved on.  I don't think KK fancied him anyway as I don't believe he worked hard enough and only really fits into a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 system whereas Kenny is primarily 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and sometimes 3-5-2.  Good luck and old news anyway.

Link

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 13, 2011, 11:53:09 AM

Sorry where did he say he was promised a 100% payrise??

Sorry it said that was the rumours! My bad!

Bingo