Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Gall's to lose. Too many new inexperienced faces coming out of Derry, Fermanagh, Cavan, Donegal and possibly Armagh to identify any other real contenders. St Gall's be too long in the tooth and should win Ulster.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2010, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 03, 2010, 06:54:37 PM
Would Coleraine be the first side to win an intermediate and then make the step up to winning an ulster senior?  I know that's quite a bit away yet, and there's one or two little hurdles en-route.

They would, should they win, but as you say some hurdles to go. Teams after winning their first usually on the piss for a while ;)
i'd say they're probably the only ulster intermediate winners to go on and play ulster senior club.  It may have been done the other way round though.

gallsman

Quote from: Gold on September 28, 2010, 11:26:27 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2010, 12:55:47 PM
Away to the Armagh champions will be incredibly tough regardless of who it is. As mentioned previously, even if we got past that stage the Tyrone champions have a very favourable draw.

If Clontibret come out of Monaghan they'll be hard to stop again and would be particularly gunning for us and Cross.

Are you involved in any way with the senior footballers (ie managing etc)

Nope, I left Belfast after minor to study in Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on October 03, 2010, 09:51:33 PM
Quote from: Gold on September 28, 2010, 11:26:27 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2010, 12:55:47 PM
Away to the Armagh champions will be incredibly tough regardless of who it is. As mentioned previously, even if we got past that stage the Tyrone champions have a very favourable draw.

If Clontibret come out of Monaghan they'll be hard to stop again and would be particularly gunning for us and Cross.

Are you involved in any way with the senior footballers (ie managing etc)

Nope, I left Belfast after minor to study in Dublin.

was wondering if he was being funny!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Yes I Would

Would Coleraine be the first side to win an intermediate and then make the step up to winning an ulster senior?  I know that's quite a bit away yet, and there's one or two little hurdles en-route.

Think Mullaghbawn in Armagh came from Intermediate in early 90's to Ulster Champions in 95.

gallsman

I can't be arsed looking bacj through posts bu I think he's had a go at me before and decided to just play it straight.

I don't think I've ever made any attempt to link myself to St. Galls senior success over the last ten years and readily admit I would neve rhave been good enough for senior football or hurling.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sammymaguire

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 03, 2010, 09:29:38 PM
Gall's to lose. Too many new inexperienced faces coming out of Derry, Fermanagh, Cavan, Donegal and possibly Armagh to identify any other real contenders. St Gall's be too long in the tooth and should win Ulster.

Clontibret might quietly fancy themselves too  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Milltown Row2

Bogball XV

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 03, 2010, 09:53:54 PM

Think Mullaghbawn in Armagh came from Intermediate in early 90's to Ulster Champions in 95.
yeah, i'm sure there's a few that have done that, but since the intermediate interprovincial series only started in the late 90's, i wouldn't think there's many who've played in both competitions. 

drici

26-09-10 Sunday
Ulster Junior Hurling Club Championship
Preliminary Round
Strabane Shamrocks(Tyrone) 0-08 Seán MacCumhaills Ballybofey/Stranorlar(Donegal)  0-18
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-10-10 (Saturday)
Ulster Junior Hurling Championship
Quarter Finals
Camloch Craobh Rua(Armagh) 2-09 Coleraine Eoghan Rua(Derry) 2-06
3-30pm   Crossmaglen

Seán MacCumhaills 3-16 v Clonduff(Down) 1-05
3-30pm   Ballybofey

03-10-10 (Sunday)
Ulster Junior Hurling Championship
Quarter Finals
Inniskeen Grattans(Monaghan) 2-17 Lisnaskea Emmets(Fermanagh) 0-08
3-30pm   Inniskeen

Mullahoran St Josephs(Cavan) 2-02 Cloughmills St Brigids(Antrim) 4-14
3-30pm   Ballyconnell

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship
Quarter Final
Carrickmore Éire Óg(Tyrone) 1-21 Bredagh(Down) 0-03
Éire Óg 1-21 (Conor Grogan 1-5, Aidan Kelly 0-7(6 frees), J Kelly 0-3, G Fox 0-3, T Hughes 0-1, R McCallan 0-1, P Hughes 0-1)
Bredagh 0-03 (I Galway 0-2(2 frees), G Murray 0-1(a free))
3-30pm   Dungannon

Ulster Junior Hurling Championship Semi Finals
Camloch Craobh Rua v Inniskeen Grattans
Cloughmills St Brigids v Seán MacCumhaills

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi Finals
St Johns(Antrim) v Lisbellaw St Patricks(Fermanagh)
Cúchulainns(Armagh) v Carrickmore Éire Óg

Milltown Row2

Thats some score Carrickmore put up. How many dual players would they have? P Hughes

BenDover

how are St John's in the Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship smells a bit like Gort na Mona dropping down a couple of seasons back to get some silverware

Minder

Quote from: BenDover on October 04, 2010, 03:08:27 PM
how are St John's in the Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship smells a bit like Gort na Mona dropping down a couple of seasons back to get some silverware

They are playing Div 2 hurling in Antrim.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2010, 02:46:26 PM
Thats some score Carrickmore put up. How many dual players would they have? P Hughes

They wouldn't have many more hurlers who would start on the first 15 of the football team, although they have alot of boys who basically quit the hurling to focus on the football and if they had all these boys on board their senior hurling team would be considerably better.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'