R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: haveaharp on June 30, 2014, 10:58:33 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 30, 2014, 10:55:02 AM
Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2014, 10:51:50 AM
Armagh will no doubt hope to close the 24 point gap from their last day out against Tyrone.

We got the point the first time you posted it!

Should be renamed "behind the bar", silly child.

Maybe he's going to make 24 points!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2014, 11:01:50 AM
Quote from: haveaharp on June 30, 2014, 10:58:33 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 30, 2014, 10:55:02 AM
Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2014, 10:51:50 AM
Armagh will no doubt hope to close the 24 point gap from their last day out against Tyrone.

We got the point the first time you posted it!

Should be renamed "behind the bar", silly child.

Maybe he's going to make 24 points!

Maybe he got mixed up which user name he was posting under ;)

never kickt a ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 30, 2014, 10:56:19 AM
Monaghan get home advantage as rules have changed this year. If two teams meet in qualifiers that have met in their province the team that  won the provincial game automatically get home advantage.

Is there somebody employed full time to change the rules every year? Have you ever seen so many rules changed so many times every year? Any chance of a rule which puts a stop to rule changes every year on everything?

Fuzzman

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 29, 2014, 08:58:50 AM
It will be Down or Monaghan

Think you're being a bit paranoid there Fuzzy Bear.
No need for the siege mentality just yet dude.

Are you worried that the GAA (or RTE) really have it in for Tyrone and will rig the draw?
You'll probably get Carlow at home now.

Fuzzman

Yeah right
Do you think Fuzzman

Look at what they had up on the website before the draw. Look at the last line.
http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/2906142056-all-ireland-football-qualifiers-round-2-draw/

Look at those hands doing the draw?

A perfect match.

"So Joe you think the best revenge for Sean Cavanagh would be to beat Tyrone twice in the one year at home again"

WT4E

Is that Peader Totten in the background of Joe Brolly picture ?

Must have been taken at rounders then!!!

BennyHarp

I think this is a great draw for Tyrone. No complacency and we will go in as underdogs!  :) Much more preferrable than an away trip to the Hyde.
That was never a square ball!!

under the bar

Wow, the Armagh posters are pretty tetchy already.   To hear them you'd think Tyrone rigged the draw!  Cheer up lads with the prospect of no championship football beyond 12th July you'll be able to March all summer without distraction!  :D:D:D:D

WT4E

IF

Armagh beat Monaghan in semi

Tyrone beat Monaghan in qualifiers

It would be some kick in the teeth for Monaghan considering their celebrating and significance they seem to attach to the Tyrone result!

PS If it does happen Horse to drop the shoulder in Darren Hughes after the match in a revenge attack!

Rossfan

Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 30, 2014, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 30, 2014, 10:56:19 AM
Monaghan get home advantage as rules have changed this year. If two teams meet in qualifiers that have met in their province the team that  won the provincial game automatically get home advantage.

Is there somebody employed full time to change the rules every year? Have you ever seen so many rules changed so many times every year? Any chance of a rule which puts a stop to rule changes every year on everything?
Wasn't it ye're Ulster mates from Down who got this changed - bet Derry last year in Celtic Pk, then got drawn there again in the Qfrs and lost??? ... if the oul memory serves we correct?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zip Code

Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2014, 12:44:18 PM
Wow, the Armagh posters are pretty tetchy already.   To hear them you'd think Tyrone rigged the draw!  Cheer up lads with the prospect of no championship football beyond 12th July you'll be able to March all summer without distraction!  :D:D:D:D

I think Armagh are concentrating on the Ulster Semi final.  It's great to see Tyrone grasping about looking for something to spur their mediocre team on.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zip Code on June 30, 2014, 02:48:43 PM

I think Armagh are concentrating on the Ulster Semi final.  It's great to see Tyrone grasping about looking for something to spur their mediocre team on.

If Armagh manage to achieve mediocrity this year then it will be a very successful year for them and a major improvement on the previous. Don't knock it.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Seriously BennyH do you think we could beat Monaghan this time around in Clones?
I think they'll have a lot more belief now than they had the first day and I'd rather have steered clear of them until later.
Saying that I'd say they're not exactly delighted to see us 7 days after losing to the Orangemen with flag issues.

I'd say those anti Northern brigade who made the draw are loving it.
I presume the match arranging "draw" is now done behind closed door with a
If they can get all Ulster teams out asap and only leave the Ulster champs and then pair them against Cork or Kerry in the 1/4 final and sure then we'll see another Kerry v Dublin AI final which the real purists want to see.

Isn't that right Joe or should I see our next president?

I'd say it must be tempting though for Armagh to throw their next game as they must fancy their chances against Tyrone Lite now.
I see they are banning all media interviews too like Mickey Harte. Be careful playing with that fire lads. Only one winner there as we have found out the last 2 years to our cost.

Zip Code

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 30, 2014, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 30, 2014, 02:48:43 PM

If Armagh manage to achieve mediocrity this year then it will be a very successful year for them and a major improvement on the previous. Don't knock it.

I know exactly were Armagh is at, and am looking forward to the Ulster Semi Final replay,  the Tyronies here seem to thing they are still in the noughties, their performances would suggest otherwise.

under the bar

I'm looking forward to the week after your replay ;D ;D