Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 04, 2013, 03:16:13 AM
There's nothing like coming home with a few in you and winding up the Tyronies. Fact is you know I'm right and you'll have a long hungry winter to reflect on what I said.

says a lot about the quality of your life

give her dixie

What would Joe say about some of these tackles today in Croke Park?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twR17Xu-0Ek&feature=youtu.be

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: give her dixie on August 04, 2013, 04:42:37 AM
What would Joe say about some of these tackles today in Croke Park?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twR17Xu-0Ek&feature=youtu.be

Either (a) rabbit on about a 5cm muscle tear, or (b) make up some crap about a bite.

Jell 0 Biafra

Nearly forgot.  Deadly clip all the same!

larryin89

I actually liked Brollys outburst, it showed genuine passion.

GAA folk are far too watery and conservative , gtf if youre offended , tis about time people told it how it is. The rules need changing and Brolly is doing a mighty job in highlighting that.

Tyrone are the most ugly horrible team around , thank gawd Mayo will batter them.

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sam03/05

The problem that I have with Joe now is that a lot of his analysis has become extremely personal.
I have no problem with him questioning the cynical aspects of the game (although I hope he does it for every team involved) - however I am not liking the personal aspects of things
His attack on Paul Grimley and his two brothers (they had nothing to do with the game in question at that time)
His attack on Cavanagh saying that he is not a man etc

These are personal attacks that are not needed. They may be entertaining and sensational but at the end of the day, these lads are amateur players/ volunteers who's charachter should not be up for discussion.

orangeman

Big Teddy will be spitting.

I'd love to see that "meeting".

Count 10

I think Brolly was right in what he said, I think Cavanagh was also correct in fouling, I also feel the ref could have issued a red card for the incident....based on dangerous play.

Bottom line Tyrone are in the semi-final, job done.

orangeman

Whether Joe was right or not, why did he "lose it" in the fashion that he did ?

You'd swear Sean Kavanagh had committed a capital offence ?.

Scullion, mc Keever, Downey. Mc Gurk, MC Gilligan, Barton etc were just tough, hard men but would have took your head off your shoulders but credit to them, they'd never have pulled your jersey.

small white mayoman

Quote from: thejuice on August 04, 2013, 12:47:50 AM
I must be mad.

I prefer my players to play honest and win honestly. Gaelic football is a better game when you see diving blocks, dispossessions with near hand tackles, you know, the type of football you were taught as a young lad, lets not kid ourselves that today's game was good to watch. I would say few neutrals enjoyed it. If you honestly feel we saw something inspirational in that game today I would be a bit worried about the game.

I don't blame players for playing to win within the rules but then you must conclude then that the rule book has a major flaw within it. In any sport the rule book changes to encourage honest play. I've been watching NFL for about 10-ish years and in that time they have change the rules to make it fairer, to keep players honest, to encourage core skills almost on a yearly basis. OK they have given the attackers a slight advantage but surely the same should be done with GAA without causing the game to suffer.

I don't mind defensive line ups, but systemic fouling needs to carry more risk for the defender.

Nice teams don't win anything just ask us in Mayo .However when we eventually learned that we had to change our attitude and the way to play the modern game you had Joe pointing out what a dirty cynical team we had become a couple of days before the Ai Final.
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

orangeman

I want nothing to do with that.

Joe championed Donegal last year.

Donegal were very cynical, Murphy and co smashing lads in the build up.

Something just doesn't add up here. Have Tyrone offended Joe in some unexplained way or is Joe preferring to be a winner safe in the knowledge that Tyrone are not going to win the all Ireland and be proved right again.

One thing Joe is - he's a smart lad.

Mrs mills

Oh dear; when will we learn that rules and common sense are two different things. If they were, we would have fewer economic problems for a start (eg common sense says we should redirect profits from the banking sector into the health service. The rules say we cannot and that bonus payments must still be awarded).
With regard to football, we all have to wait until next year when Sean's tackle will be met with a black card and, given the time of the offence, will probably result in his not being replaced. I counted no fewer than 11 instances yesterday where a passer's supporting run was blocked by an opponent. Next year that number will drop dramatically. We can complain all we want; fact is, the tackle could not be punished under the rules with a red card.

orangeman

Quote from: Mrs mills on August 04, 2013, 08:20:19 AM
Oh dear; when will we learn that rules and common sense are two different things. If they were, we would have fewer economic problems for a start (eg common sense says we should redirect profits from the banking sector into the health service. The rules say we cannot and that bonus payments must still be awarded).
With regard to football, we all have wait until next year when Sean's tackle will be met with a black card and, given the time of the offence, will probably result in his not being replaced. I counted no fewer than 11 instances yesterday where a passer's supporting run was blocked by an opponent. Next year that number will drop dramatically. We can complain all we want; fact is, the tackle could not be punished under the rules with a red card.

Out of the 11 times, how many checks were by Monaghan and how many by Tyrone out of curiosity ?

Mrs mills

7 to 4 in favour of Tyrone.

Itchy

I agree with Brolleys general point on "professional" fouls. I don't agree with his personal attacks on one team and one player. Every team and every player worth his salt would do the same.