Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

With Mark Sidebottom, dont think so

theskull1

Tony doing his addition of two and two and coming up with the wrong answer (see his comments about the subservient paedophile protector Sean Brady ..he can't get the answer to that one either)

Whilst even Joe Brolley I'm sure would admit his heightened sense of ego, it some stretch to think that that was a driver in his decision to donate one of his major organs to one of his friends/fellow juvenile mentor who was struggling with a life threatening condition.

Not too many celebs or fearons donating organs.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

squire_in_navy_slacks

Has anybody took on board the emotional aspects of the possible effects that organ donation can have on someones overall mental well being ......................... physically Joe does not look as well as he has done and emotionally he is not holding it together .................................................. he had a very good point though.............................Mickey Harte has alot to answer for and has hid from the media for a long time now to suit oneself, he sends his troops out to feign injury and generally act like thugs, a good team no doubt but they will fall on ones sword shortly.............Conor Gormley is an absolute kn**ker

from the indo

The Tyrone manager also admitted that he was unsure whether or not the red card handed to Martin Penrose by referee Cormac Reilly for his clash with Dessie Mone as the teams left the field for the half-time break was deserved.

"I wasn't close enough to see it, but thinking that Martin Penrose would be involved in something of that nature would be very unlike him. I'll have to see the pictures to find out if it merited a red card or not. I really can't say as I wasn't close enough but when we get the benefit of television footage we will be able to tell if it was a good red card or not."

More crap from Harte........Panrose is like rory gallagher a little sly divil................and who else threw a solid in that mess at half time, Gormley

rrhf

What does brolly bring to the table. in his day job as a servant of the queens courts he makes up and wins arguments. He knows he can create and will win any argument he wants.  He also was as yellow a man on a field as you could pay into watch. 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 04, 2013, 07:19:54 AM
The problem that I have with Joe now is that a lot of his analysis has become extremely personal.
I have no problem with him questioning the cynical aspects of the game (although I hope he does it for every team involved) - however I am not liking the personal aspects of things
His attack on Paul Grimley and his two brothers (they had nothing to do with the game in question at that time)
His attack on Cavanagh saying that he is not a man etc

These are personal attacks that are not needed. They may be entertaining and sensational but at the end of the day, these lads are amateur players/ volunteers who's charachter should not be up for discussion.
I kinda go along with all of that. I don't mind objective analysis at any time and if the analyst disagrees with me, I hold he should be entitled to his view. Joe has crossed the line and did so years ago.
Last time Monaghan appeared in an Ulster final, Tommy Freeman played with a heavily bandaged hand. He had driven a nail through it some days before and Joe found this to be extremely funny.  The idea of Monaghan's chief marksman being so awkward struck Brolly as hilarious and he kept harking on this throughout his analysis. 
O'Rourke and Lyster (I think) never responded to his 'witticisms' or brought up the subject and I felt they were rightfully embarrassed.
In his post mortem on last year's final, he took an almighty swipe at Alan Dillon.
Dillon he reckoned was a stereotype Mayo forward; lacking in moral fibre and hiding when the going got tough.  Joe really went into detail in the Derry Journal, devoting two paragraphs to his attack on Dillon's character.
Yet O'Rourke in his take on the same game complimented Dillon on the way he took the game to Donegal in Mayo's first half fight back. Both couldn't be right and while it's only natural that I'd side with the Meath man, the fact is that no other journalist of note saw things from Brolly's perspective.
The attack on the Tyrone man character was unjustified. But what he did was unacceptable.
E saw an example of cynical fouling at its worst but very few players in his position would do otherwise. That's no consolation to Monaghan folk is it?
Cavanagh singlehandedly made the case for the introduction of the black card.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2013, 09:40:41 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2013, 09:08:22 AM
Brolly is an Eamonn Dunphy wannabe,who craves the limelight (I suspect also that this craving is behind his organ donorship campaign, and does his legal career no harm either ),impassioned to the extreme on this occasion by the fact that he has a first cousin on the Monaghan team.
Priceless, coming from the biggest attention seeker on the Board.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Student Dissertation

Having sifted through this thread I see no mention of Joe's and Mickey Harte's petty feud (read their newspaper articles) which has been going on over the last 18 months or so.

This is simply a continuation.

dublin7

All the keyboard warriors on here criticising Joe Brolly's comments, yet at the same time happy to fire all sorts of abuse at him under the anonymity of an internet username.

What happened yesterday was just the latest in Tyrone's systematic policy of cynical/tactical fouling.

Against Dublin in the league final every time McCaffrey or McCarthy tried to start attacks from defence they would be "Sean Cavanaghed" to the ground rugby style. This was not towards the end of the game but regular feature of the second half.

One simple way to stop the constant fouling would be to introduce suspensions for accumulating "x" amount of yellow cards during league/championship.

Mickey Harte would have to change his tactics if he was missing 3/4 players suspended for a all ireland semi final due to yellow cards picked for their cynical fouling. 

5 Sams

Worth having a look at Joe's twitter feed. @joebrolly1993
There's a few headers on calling him all the w**kers of the day. Some of his responses are v good. :) :)
He's having a real tete a tete with Philip Jordan as well. Keep er lit Joe ;D
The Aristocrat Years

Throw ball

A lot of Tyrone posters critical of Brolly and those who agree with his core argument. What they should do is take the blinkers of, realise that most teams to the same, and realise that for the good of the game this kind of thing needs to stop.

Keepthefaith93

1)Any player worth his salt would have done the same as Sean Cavanagh yesterday.
2)Joe Brolly is a absolute nutcase.
3)Sean Cavanagh is a class footballer.
4)You couldn't like Sean Cavanagh if you rared him, he is a horrible cheating ****, always has been, and always will be.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on August 04, 2013, 11:19:29 AM
1)Any player worth his salt would have done the same as Sean Cavanagh yesterday.
4)You couldn't like Sean Cavanagh if you rared him, he is a horrible cheating ****, always has been, and always will be.

At least Joe publicly declares his opinion. You are a cowardly man hiding behind a pseudonym giving out abuse. Put your real name to that or say it to SC's face. I wouldn't hold my breath.

J OGorman

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on August 04, 2013, 11:19:29 AM

At least Joe publicly declares his opinion. You are a cowardly man hiding behind a pseudonym giving out abuse. Put your real name to that or say it to SC's face. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mon now,  that would take the fun out of it surely. But im enjoying the sly Tyrone digs hinting at drink, working for the queens court, lderry, londonderry etc and you boys from the occupied 6!

5 Sams

Just watched it again. Absolutely brilliant television...
The Aristocrat Years

Walter Cronc

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 04, 2013, 11:44:16 AM
Just watched it again. Absolutely brilliant television...

Unreal. My favourite part is Michael Lyster saying to Joe, 'no hold on yourself'. Classic!!