Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 04, 2013, 04:11:55 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 03, 2013, 10:57:33 PM
Joe Brolly comes out of this looking like a bitter little fool that more and more people are catching on to where as Sean Cavanagh comes out dripping with class both on the field and in his interview. One bookable tackle can not take away from his class. Joe needs to think about lowering his alcohol intake.
You've posted some sh1t on this board in the past, including the Rick Astley video which brought with it a virus which corrupted many PCs but this takes the biscuit. Brolly - straight guy, Cavanagh - Hail fellow well met

Get a breathalyser fitted on your computer you clown. A bit like Joe I doubt.... Bit too fond of a wee sup for your own good!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on August 04, 2013, 08:38:30 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 04, 2013, 04:11:55 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 03, 2013, 10:57:33 PM
Joe Brolly comes out of this looking like a bitter little fool that more and more people are catching on to where as Sean Cavanagh comes out dripping with class both on the field and in his interview. One bookable tackle can not take away from his class. Joe needs to think about lowering his alcohol intake.
You've posted some sh1t on this board in the past, including the Rick Astley video which brought with it a virus which corrupted many PCs but this takes the biscuit. Brolly - straight guy, Cavanagh - Hail fellow well met

Get a breathalyser fitted on your computer you clown. A bit like Joe I doubt.... Bit too fond of a wee sup for your own good!
Priceless from a man who not all that long ago put up a post about Willie Fraser that was beyond anything that even Ruth Patterson would put up
Careful now

T Fearon

Brolly is an Eamonn Dunphy wannabe,who craves the limelight (I suspect also that this craving is behind his organ donorship campaign, and does his legal career no harm either ),impassioned to the extreme on this occasion by the fact that he has a first cousin on the Monaghan team.

Wildweasel74

Tony your full of shit with the donor thing!!

T Fearon

Am I? Does it not get him the media coverage and high profile he craves?

Wildweasel74

Nobody would give a kidney for that, he was high profile enough on rte,

T Fearon

I am not so sure.Doesn't strike me as a person who has a genuine concern for anyone.

imtommygunn

Very surprising how he lost the rag. You would expect a boy who is in court would be able to keep himself calm. He really did lose the plot.

The personal attacks joe has made this year have been ridiculous. Him and spillane shouldn't be allowed on tv to be honest. Credit to sean cavanagh for his interview and showing joe how to actually keep your composure.

Tony he is a prat on tv but he did his best to save that guy's life -you couldn't fault the man for that.

T Fearon

The tv thing yesterday was merely a video of his advocacy skills. Funny the amount of well known unionists praising his passion ( including a former DUP Lord Mayor of Belfast) on twitter this morning.Now are they aware of him due to GAA or organ donation?

Things are tight in the legal profession currently (as they are everywhere else) so a little bit of profile raising does no harm.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2013, 09:24:45 AM
I am not so sure.Doesn't strike me as a person who has a genuine concern for anyone.

Interesting observation Tony, Narcissistic Personality Disorder is what Joe Brolly could have, it would be a wide spectrum but when you look at the symptoms he certainly ticks a lot of the boxes..

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a true mental diagnosis for people who need admiration, lack empathy and have a grandiose sense of their self-importance.

It is called a pervasive pattern of grandiosity in fantasy and behavior, and usually begins by early adulthood and it presents itself in a variety of symptoms. To achieve this diagnosis, a person presents five or more of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement--unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative--takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
#newbridgeornowhere

BennyHarp

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2013, 09:27:54 AM
Very surprising how he lost the rag. You would expect a boy who is in court would be able to keep himself calm. He really did lose the plot.

The personal attacks joe has made this year have been ridiculous. Him and spillane shouldn't be allowed on tv to be honest. Credit to sean cavanagh for his interview and showing joe how to actually keep your composure.

Tony he is a prat on tv but he did his best to save that guy's life -you couldn't fault the man for that.

He didn't lose the rag, it was fake anger for effect. The man knew exactly what he was doing....... and it involved getting as much publicity as possible!

The more I think of Tonys point, the more I think he may be correct!
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2013, 09:08:22 AM
Brolly is an Eamonn Dunphy wannabe,who craves the limelight (I suspect also that this craving is behind his organ donorship campaign, and does his legal career no harm either ),impassioned to the extreme on this occasion by the fact that he has a first cousin on the Monaghan team.
Priceless, coming from the biggest attention seeker on the Board.

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2013, 11:43:41 PM
...and remember that Joe was a forward and not the most rombustious of players himsef - so he obv has a pet hate of forwards being fouled when about to score!!

meanwhile poor old monaghan have been forgotten about for their fantastic season and very game perf today that just fell short.
We're not too worried, we finish the season with promotion, a Division 3 title and an the Anglo Celt. I'd take the Anglo Celt over a semi-final via the back door any day of the week. All in all, a good season.

Maguire01

RTÉ couldn't buy this publicity. Currently trending on Twitter - #SaturdayGame, Joe Brolly, #GAA, Sean Cavanagh, Tyrone

Joe is going nowhere. No doubt those posters disgusted with his comments will vote with their remotes and watch the remaining games on BBC (where shown).

agorm

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 03, 2013, 10:49:04 PM
Didn't listen to it this evening but himself and O'Rourke (although he seems to have tempered it in recent times) are complete clowns – I remember watching an Offaly v Kildare (I think?) game 7-8 years ago and Ciaran McManus was having a shocker, must have blazed 5-6 balls wide in the first half after steaming through the middle. O'Rourke and Brolly basically highlighted these in a sequence and were having a bit of a skit about McManus not being able to shoot straight. Considering it's an amateur game and the amount of service he gave to Offaly football (during what wouldn't have been great years), it was completely uncalled for.

Both of them were great players in their time but they're complete gobsh*tes and neither has ever put himself forward to actually manage a team.

Please get your facts right before posting. O Rourke coaches the St Pats sent team every 2nd year and takes the 1st years the year in between. He has also managed the Simonstown senior team. And don't forget that he managed the International Rules team.