The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

A lot of talk about ground share with Everton if this takeover happens.

I wouldn't have a problem with it to be honest,what does every one else think?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 07, 2010, 06:06:03 PM
A lot of talk about ground share with Everton if this takeover happens.

I wouldn't have a problem with it to be honest,what does every one else think?

Unless they can re-develop Anfield, which I'm sure they've already looked at a number of times, it's a necessity.
I don't have a problem with it.

ross4life

This takeover is turning into a mess heading for high court it seems & in reply to the Ground share.. The most commonly known Ground share would be the San Siro & the most recent would be Bayern and 1860 Munich sharing Allianz Arena but this is different....it will be extremely tough and fraught with animosity, bitterness, loss of identity and more. This will need to be well thought out and all involved will need to remain open minded in order to see it through, should the time come?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on October 07, 2010, 07:13:58 PM
This takeover is turning into a mess heading for high court it seems & in reply to the Ground share.. The most commonly known Ground share would be the San Siro & the most recent would be Bayern and 1860 Munich sharing Allianz Arena but this is different....it will be extremely tough and fraught with animosity, bitterness, loss of identity and more. This will need to be well thought out and all involved will need to remain open minded in order to see it through, should the time come?

I stuck that into www.babelfish.com, but no luck
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

So minder are you back supporting Liverpool again? cause i can't translate if your an pool or Rafa fan...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ross4life on October 07, 2010, 07:13:58 PM

Bayern and 1860 fans love each other?
No problem myself with ground share.
What about this crowd that have taken over Gilletts share in the club, if they dig there heals in will that mean another court appearence over this side of the water?

ross4life

No idea if Bayern and 1860 fans love each other but 1860 are a 2nd division team so will be different & the bit in bold is about Everton/pool! if they do agree on ground sharing I'm sure they will copy this

118cmal

Great to see the pool "fans" back in contributing to the thread now.  Very quiet for a while there.

King Henry

I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

EagleLord

I stayed away from this thread becasue all the talk on here was basically about the finances, hate reading the same boring stuff over and over. Quotes that are nearly the length of the thread.

EC Unique

Lads, I'm not on the wind up here but could you explain to me how a Liverpool fan would be happy to give up the history of Anfield/The Kop etc to share a ground with Everton? Can't understand it. Would have to be a very bitter pill to swallow just for a few more seats?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: 118cmal on October 08, 2010, 03:30:13 AM
Great to see the pool "fans" back in contributing to the thread now.  Very quiet for a while there.

Name and shame?
Only person missing was Loaislad, and he a good excuse.
United fans seem a little upset at the goings on round Anfield.  Maybe its the fact they are the only club now burdened with crippling depts
so in EC Uniques words  :D :D :D

supersarsfields

It wouldn't be ideal but at the same time it's not like you are wiping out the history. The history of the kop and Anfield will always be there for Liverpool. At the end of the day history doesn't pay the bills and if needs must then history shouldn't be allowed to hold the club back.
Sure aren't football clubs all about building new history.

Boycey

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 08, 2010, 10:25:21 AM
Quote from: 118cmal on October 08, 2010, 03:30:13 AM

Name and shame?
Only person missing was Loaislad, and he a good excuse.
United fans seem a little upset at the goings on round Anfield.  Maybe its the fact they are the only club now burdened with crippling depts
so in EC Uniques words  :D :D :D

Personally I'll be delighted if Liverpool get rid of their cancerous owners, its another step in the right direction. But if you think its all about  point scoring between United and Liverpool fans you couldn't be further from the truth.