Cliftonville Official " bottled" by Linfield/IFA thug last night

Started by T Fearon, January 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 14, 2009, 01:20:36 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 14, 2009, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on January 14, 2009, 01:13:01 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 14, 2009, 01:10:43 PM
Surely now with a violent incident or incident that occurs at practically every single game there, the authorities should abandon any delusion that Windsor Park can be transformed into a family friendly sporting stadium

No chance you are getting away with this polemic. Answer the questions. What is a "Linfield/IFA Thug" and why are you applying a double standard? No threads on the Cliftonville fan who launched a rocket.

The Linfield player that got hit was Catholic, so it wasn't sectarian  :P

Really?? He looked like a prod.

Conor Hagan. Almost certain he is

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 14, 2009, 01:22:05 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on January 14, 2009, 01:20:36 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 14, 2009, 01:19:42 PM
Surely now with a violent incident or incident that occurs at practically every single game there, the authorities should abandon any delusion that Windsor Park can be transformed into a family friendly sporting stadium

No chance you are getting away with this polemic. Answer the questions. What is a "Linfield/IFA Thug" and why are you applying a double standard? No threads on the Cliftonville fan who launched a rocket.

The Linfield player that got hit was Catholic, so it wasn't sectarian  :P

Really?? He looked like a prod.

Conor Hagan. Almost certain he is

He is a Catholic, but has a head on him like a Prod.
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gnevin on January 14, 2009, 10:23:03 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM
Of course the attack was non sectarian at last night's Linfield/IFA V Cliftonville game at Windsor Park. It was one thug with an empty bottle >:(
Are you sure maybe a Tadgh just wanted to bottle a prod and so went too the game  ::)

Gnevin, were you drunk when you posted this?  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dublinfella on January 14, 2009, 10:55:44 AM
What is a Linfield/IFA thug exactly?

Had a search there and nothing from Fearon when a Linfield player got hit with a rocket last time out. Launched by a Cliftonville/IFA thug no doubt.

You didn't search too hard, did you? He didn't start a thread on it - but the big man did say it was deplorable (before reverting back to his usual schtick)

Quote from: T Fearon on November 07, 2008, 02:42:08 PM
Deplorable incident but only the latest in a long line of thuggery at Windsor Park. I witnessed Gerry Daly getting split by a bottle and Linfield/IFA getting off scot free, way back in 1979. Belfast Celtic were forced out of the league due to savage attacks on their players way back in the late 1940s. Linfield/IFA supporters threw hand grenades at Cliftonville fans back in the 90s etc.

The IFA's partisan espousal of unionism is a large factor in this and means that the facilitate tribal confrontation. Another reason why a new stadium at the Maze is needed and Linfield/Ifa need to be reined in after getting off scot free for decades. But then again they are the IFA's favourited and favoured club

dublinfella

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 14, 2009, 01:54:53 PM

You didn't search too hard, did you? He didn't start a thread on it - but the big man did say it was deplorable (before reverting back to his usual schtick)

Must have missed the two words buried in the contrived blaming of Windsor Park itself.

I'm far from a fan of either the IFA or Linfield, but Fearon is getting tedious at this stage.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on January 14, 2009, 02:09:47 PM
I'm far from a fan of either the IFA or Linfield, but Fearon is getting tedious at this stage.
why ? because you dont like the truth ?

linfield are effectively the establishment, therefore ifa - though Tony links them even further !

as for stopping playing and conceding two goals - thats no excuse...sure yer taught to play until you hear the whistle!

it will be some craic when the all Ireland league starts, and we have sham-soccer rovers fans up fighting in belfast and throwing pigs heads , with the same kind of scum trapsing down from there to riot on our streets against our local scumbags (rovers fans)

Clown

it will be interesting to see how utv live/ bbc newsline cover this as when the firework hit the linfield player it was the top story with hagan in the studio doing an interview on utv

also i remember alan snoddy abandoning a game when a plastic bottle was thrown on from the cville end years ago

the crowd trouble between linfield and the glens on boxing day wasnt reported on much, i didnt see any footage on local news

wud hav been a lot different if it had been a row at a gaa match

corn02

Quote from: Clown on January 14, 2009, 04:01:26 PM
it will be interesting to see how utv live/ bbc newsline cover this as when the firework hit the linfield player it was the top story with hagan in the studio doing an interview on utv

also i remember alan snoddy abandoning a game when a plastic bottle was thrown on from the cville end years ago

the crowd trouble between linfield and the glens on boxing day wasnt reported on much, i didnt see any footage on local news

wud hav been a lot different if it had been a row at a gaa match

Top story on BBC Sport online (NI).

Myles Na G.

Had a search there and nothing from Fearon when a Linfield player got hit with a rocket last time out. Launched by a Cliftonville/IFA thug no doubt.

Deplorable incident but only the latest in a long line of thuggery at Windsor Park. I witnessed Gerry Daly getting split by a bottle and Linfield/IFA getting off scot free, way back in 1979. Belfast Celtic were forced out of the league due to savage attacks on their players way back in the late 1940s. Linfield/IFA supporters threw hand grenades at Cliftonville fans back in the 90s etc.
The IFA's partisan espousal of unionism is a large factor in this and means that the facilitate tribal confrontation. Another reason why a new stadium at the Maze is needed and Linfield/Ifa need to be reined in after getting off scot free for decades. But then again they are the IFA's favourited and favoured club
I was standing on the Kop that night when the blast bomb was thrown. The Cliftonville supporters all around me started cheering, because they thought it was an attack on the RUC. At the end of the match we were all funnelled out along the side of the Olympia Leisure Centre. A group of empty heads started lobbing rocks over the fence at the cars in the car park. An older man remonstrated with them and told them to stop trying to damage other people's property. 'It's Orange property', one of the yobs told him, and continued chucking. But that probably wasn't sectarian. Maybe he just didn't like brightly coloured cars...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 14, 2009, 04:06:52 PM

I was standing on the Kop that night when the blast bomb was thrown. The Cliftonville supporters all around me started cheering, because they thought it was an attack on the RUC. At the end of the match we were all funnelled out along the side of the Olympia Leisure Centre. A group of empty heads started lobbing rocks over the fence at the cars in the car park. An older man remonstrated with them and told them to stop trying to damage other people's property. 'It's Orange property', one of the yobs told him, and continued chucking. But that probably wasn't sectarian. Maybe he just didn't like brightly coloured cars...
That is possibly the biggest porkie pie from you yet Myles, keep them up though, very entertaining

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Orior on January 14, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on January 14, 2009, 10:44:05 AM
Surely anybody that attends this dirge needs their head seriously examined.

Indeed. It was my first time in Windsor Park since Ireland played OWC back in the 80's, and my first Irish League match in the same timeframe. Ahem.... very disappointed in the lack of RA songs and stampedes/beatings by the RUC, lol. Ah the good old days.

Orior, how many would you estimate were at last night's "big" game?
"Stercus accidit"

Gabriel_Hurl

I was reading there that the average attendance for games in this league are about 850 people

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 14, 2009, 03:40:37 PM

why ? because you dont like the truth ?

linfield are effectively the establishment, therefore ifa - though Tony links them even further !

Effectively? Are they not suing each other over the Windsor Park lease? Saying that an "IFA thug" threw a bottle is infantile.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 14, 2009, 03:40:37 PMas for stopping playing and conceding two goals - thats no excuse...sure yer taught to play until you hear the whistle!

Agreed. Irrelevent, but 100% right.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 14, 2009, 03:40:37 PMit will be some craic when the all Ireland league starts, and we have sham-soccer rovers fans up fighting in belfast and throwing pigs heads , with the same kind of scum trapsing down from there to riot on our streets against our local scumbags (rovers fans)

You are aware of the existance of the Setanta Cup, which has been almost entirely trouble free for the 7 or 8 years its on the go?

Croí na hÉireann

Thank God we've got you hear dublinfella to right all wrongs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpBoYa4pno
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dublinfella on January 14, 2009, 04:27:23 PMYou are aware of the existance of the Setanta Cup, which has been almost entirely trouble free for the 7 or 8 years its on the go?

4 years - and it's had it's fair share of trouble