Cliftonville Official " bottled" by Linfield/IFA thug last night

Started by T Fearon, January 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Of course the attack was non sectarian at last night's Linfield/IFA V Cliftonville game at Windsor Park. It was one thug with an empty bottle >:(

Off The Fence

What bottle?  I seen no bottle!  Must be a mirage or something Tony!

This has never happened before!   ::)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Was at the match and can confirm that Eddie was hit by a bottle.

The ref was an absolute disgrace denying the Reds 2 if not 3 clear cut penalties, refusing to send off a Blues player even though he was last man back and fouled the Reds man at the edge of the peno box and got a yellow card!! Allowing the second linfield goal even though the corner was taken before he blew the whistle and allowing play to proceed after a linfield player came back onto the pitch even though the ref didn't whistle, the Reds players stopped playing during these incidents and linfield scored!
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on January 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM
Of course the attack was non sectarian at last night's Linfield/IFA V Cliftonville game at Windsor Park. It was one thug with an empty bottle >:(

"It was just one idiot in the crowd," said Lawlor, who was uninjured. (i.e. the Cliftonville official who was hit) But i'm sure you were there and know better.
What does it matter whether it was 'sectarian' or not? It was a thug. I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on January 14, 2009, 09:03:06 AM
Are you sure maybe a Tadgh just wanted to bottle a prod and so went too the game  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Doogie Browser

Whoever threw it just is as big a p***k as the Cliftonville fan that threw the firework at the Linfield player earlier this season.

Maguire01

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 14, 2009, 10:23:45 AM
Whoever threw it just is as big a p***k as the Cliftonville fan that threw the firework at the Linfield player earlier this season.
Yes - all idiots, and i'm sure 'T Fearon' started a thread on that one too, complete with little angry face. Or maybe not.

Orior

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 14, 2009, 10:14:18 AM
Was at the match and can confirm that Eddie was hit by a bottle.

The ref was an absolute disgrace denying the Reds 2 if not 3 clear cut penalties, refusing to send off a Blues player even though he was last man back and fouled the Reds man at the edge of the peno box and got a yellow card!! Allowing the second linfield goal even though the corner was taken before he blew the whistle and allowing play to proceed after a linfield player came back onto the pitch even though the ref didn't whistle, the Reds players stopped playing during these incidents and linfield scored!

I was at the match too, and I couldn't believe the decisions made by the referee. Cliftonville deserved at least a draw.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tim Buzaglo

Surely anybody that attends this dirge needs their head seriously examined.
Will we ever see another one?

dublinfella

What is a Linfield/IFA thug exactly?

Had a search there and nothing from Fearon when a Linfield player got hit with a rocket last time out. Launched by a Cliftonville/IFA thug no doubt.

Orior

Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on January 14, 2009, 10:44:05 AM
Surely anybody that attends this dirge needs their head seriously examined.

Indeed. It was my first time in Windsor Park since Ireland played OWC back in the 80's, and my first Irish League match in the same timeframe. Ahem.... very disappointed in the lack of RA songs and stampedes/beatings by the RUC, lol. Ah the good old days.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Surely now with a violent incident or incident that occurs at practically every single game there, the authorities should abandon any delusion that Windsor Park can be transformed into a family friendly sporting stadium

dublinfella

Quote from: T Fearon on January 14, 2009, 01:10:43 PM
Surely now with a violent incident or incident that occurs at practically every single game there, the authorities should abandon any delusion that Windsor Park can be transformed into a family friendly sporting stadium

No chance you are getting away with this polemic. Answer the questions. What is a "Linfield/IFA Thug" and why are you applying a double standard? No threads on the Cliftonville fan who launched a rocket.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: dublinfella on January 14, 2009, 01:13:01 PM

No chance you are getting away with this polemic. Answer the questions. What is a "Linfield/IFA Thug" and why are you applying a double standard? No threads on the Cliftonville fan who launched a rocket.

The Linfield player that got hit was Catholic, so it wasn't sectarian  :P

SidelineKick

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 14, 2009, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on January 14, 2009, 01:13:01 PM

The Linfield player that got hit was Catholic, so it wasn't sectarian  :P

Really?? He looked like a prod.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.