Linfield player hit by firework

Started by Square Ball, November 04, 2008, 10:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

The most ironic thing about the whole incident is that the lad in question is actually a cathoilc. I would say the low life that shot the thing was hoping to hit a player but it was still a freak shot . Nevertheless the thug in question was probably celebarting last night with the other spides claiming that he meant to do it. He was probably drinking 16 pints not worrying about a hangover for work this morning( as the Bru has him covered) whilst showing off his latest colection of fake gold rings that he would be touting to his mates.

This incident only further highlights what the Irish league is about and why the whole issues should be abolished and if need be started up without the whole sectarianism and Thugery and hatred of the other side. Until these games are stooped and policed properly then this will continue to get worse. In a normal society it would be fine for a game to be played at 7:30 at night. The lads could meet up and go for a few pints and have a bit of banter about each team. Instead these Irish league matches would involve meeting in the local gangster bar and probably sneaking in a bottle of Buckfast. Upon leaving the bar they would probably indulge in some form of glue sniffing or something stronger before deliberately heading to some local flash point area to see if there were any "fenians" of "Huns" available to be stabbed or beaten up. They would then makes their way to the grounds with their hatred preaching banners and the police will gladly let them hang them over the side of the advertising boards. The atmosphere is now reaching boiling point the game, yes the game. You know the thing that they are all meant to be following is kicking off. But wait there are Fenians and Huns everywhere. Rather than watch the game lets just hurl sectarian abuse for 90 minutes to try and get something to kick off afterwards.

Is this an atmosphere for kids like the IFA tell us??? Is this an area free from sectarian hatred as the IFA try to tell us?? The answer is no and until they take their heads out of the sand and get to the crux of the problem then it will only continue to keep sectarianism alive. The IFA are actually indirectly promoting sectarianism by refusing to take a no tolerence approcah on this issue. They need to look at the crowds they admit and make the game more family orientated. Get rid of the scumbags and let the honest hard working people enjoy some quality of life and social existence without always looking over our shoulders for the village idiots.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

billy the kid

Quote from: nifan on November 05, 2008, 09:13:02 AM
Quote from: TORGAEL on November 05, 2008, 08:10:47 AM
Completely and utterly disgraceful. Just hope the culprit is caught and banned from all football grounds.

Probably an impossibility - turn up with a ticket and how is the person at the turnstiles to know?

Turn up with a ticket and the boy at the turnstile will just be glad that someone has come to watch the game.

Hope your mans ok.

That was a complete disgrace but no real surprise when you think about the scumbags who follow Irish league teams in Belfast in particular.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

his holiness nb

Terrible thing to do, obviously by a total sc**bag who should be banned for a long time.

Wouldnt be too harsh on Linfield, I'd imagine its easy enough to sneak a firework into a ground.
Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

I couldn't hit a barn door at 50 paces with one of those rockets.
Maybe certain people in Belfast have perfected rocket firing techniques not widely known.
But any chance that the culprit was just very careless with the discharge of the rocket rather than malicious?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2008, 01:40:36 PM
I couldn't hit a barn door at 50 paces with one of those rockets.
Maybe certain people in Belfast have perfected rocket firing techniques not widely known.
But any chance that the culprit was just very careless with the discharge of the rocket rather than malicious?

If you fire it downwards from the stand into the field of play then chances are you are going to hit someone so let's assume that was the intention. I doubt there was enough control (unless laser guided!) to hit a particular player.

fred the red

This is a terrible incident, hope the person responsilble receives an appropriate punishment.

Did the player play on, or was he subbed off?

winsamsoon

It was right at the final whistke fred so the game was over. He lay there for several minutes while the paramedics checked him over but there didn't seem to be too much damage as the lad got up and walked away.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Chrisowc

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 07, 2008, 10:00:05 AM
It was right at the final whistke fred so the game was over. He lay there for several minutes while the paramedics checked him over but there didn't seem to be too much damage as the lad got up and walked away.

I'd say his pants weren't too clean though.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Maguire01

Terrible incident. The culprit can't have been too clever either as there's no way you could aim a firework at a given target - it could have gone anywhere and if it had hit the player in the face it could have been an entirely different story.

Having siad that, the fact that this was front page news (and the entire page at that) for the Newsletter - on such a busy news week - is just taking it a bit too far.

johnneycool

Quote from: Chrisowc on November 07, 2008, 12:24:48 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on November 07, 2008, 10:00:05 AM

I'd say his pants weren't too clean though.

forensics said that the firework had a set of wings glued to it to aid trajectory. They are now chasing up with Kellogs to see what batch of corn flakes were shipped to what shop to narrow down the suspect to the local grocery store.

did the polyester jersey not shrivel up with the heat?

Only joking, but it could have been a lot worse for the lad.

T Fearon

Deplorable incident but only the latest in a long line of thuggery at Windsor Park. I witnessed Gerry Daly getting split by a bottle and Linfield/IFA getting off scot free, way back in 1979. Belfast Celtic were forced out of the league due to savage attacks on their players way back in the late 1940s. Linfield/IFA supporters threw hand grenades at Cliftonville fans back in the 90s etc.

The IFA's partisan espousal of unionism is a large factor in this and means that the facilitate tribal confrontation. Another reason why a new stadium at the Maze is needed and Linfield/Ifa need to be reined in after getting off scot free for decades. But then again they are the IFA's favourited and favoured club

nifan

Most unsurprising reply award goes to tony fearon.