Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Some of the comments on here from Tyrone folk are dissapointing. The scenes were shocking and undefendable so why attack the initial poster of this thread?
You then get another poster saying this happens in every county... bullshit of the highest order! It does not happen in every county, it mainly happens in Tyrone and very often happens in Antrim. After that it is highly unusual. Also, this may be controversial but it does seem that Carrickmore are stuck in the middle of this stuff every time it happens.
It's embarressing folks, wait till you see UTV and BBC having a field day now.

EC Unique

Quote from: ck on November 14, 2011, 09:33:22 AM
Some of the comments on here from Tyrone folk are dissapointing. The scenes were shocking and undefendable so why attack the initial poster of this thread?
You then get another poster saying this happens in every county... bullshit of the highest order! It does not happen in every county, it mainly happens in Tyrone and very often happens in Antrim. After that it is highly unusual. Also, this may be controversial but it does seem that Carrickmore are stuck in the middle of this stuff every time it happens.

You could add Derry to that as well.

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2011, 09:50:19 AM
Quote from: ck on November 14, 2011, 09:33:22 AM

You could add Derry to that as well.

In previous years maybe but in fairness there has been very little of that in Derry this year!

wherefromreferee?

Ah now SE, 6 men received straight red cards in the Ballinderry v Kilrea Championship game.  Granted it didnt spill into the crowd...
In your Endo!

brokencrossbar1

Lads don't turn this into a "but what about" argument.  The reality is that there is a problem in the GAA in relation to violence, and I don't mean rough play I mean outright violence.  The Rasharkin incident and now this one in such close proximity heighten the media attention and make it imperative that action is taken, is seen to be taken and is also stood over and not diluted at appeal stage.  If it was my own club I would take the same approach.  I was at an underage game the other day and a grandmother said something which was beyond what should be said at any game never mind a kids game and both her son and myself told her to mind her language, which she did.  The opposition had a few choice supporters as well who were giving the ref abuse and one of the club officials went over to them and asked them to tone it down.  These are small examples but as the staes get higher, this abuse takes on a different format and intensity.  There needs to be zero tolerance shown for any transgressors here and I believe that the only way to punish the guilty parties is via heavy suspensions and banning of teams.  There needs to be a line drawn and this policy needs to be stuck to and accepted by all clubs and teams.

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 14, 2011, 10:03:35 AM
Lads don't turn this into a "but what about" argument.  The reality is that there is a problem in the GAA in relation to violence, and I don't mean rough play I mean outright violence.  The Rasharkin incident and now this one in such close proximity heighten the media attention and make it imperative that action is taken, is seen to be taken and is also stood over and not diluted at appeal stage.  If it was my own club I would take the same approach.  I was at an underage game the other day and a grandmother said something which was beyond what should be said at any game never mind a kids game and both her son and myself told her to mind her language, which she did.  The opposition had a few choice supporters as well who were giving the ref abuse and one of the club officials went over to them and asked them to tone it down.  These are small examples but as the staes get higher, this abuse takes on a different format and intensity.  There needs to be zero tolerance shown for any transgressors here and I believe that the only way to punish the guilty parties is via heavy suspensions and banning of teams.  There needs to be a line drawn and this policy needs to be stuck to and accepted by all clubs and teams.

Good post.

rogueryhill

I hear Rasharkin are looking to transfer to the Tyrone leagues after their suspension in Antrim is up  ;D

rogueryhill

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 14, 2011, 09:06:13 AM
A line springs to mind for me as well " Your a tool"
It's a pity your mind was vacant when it was springing  ;D

screenexile

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on November 14, 2011, 09:59:51 AM
Ah now SE, 6 men received straight red cards in the Ballinderry v Kilrea Championship game.  Granted it didnt spill into the crowd...

One incident in one game that the referee handled reasonably well would be a decent result for a year of Derry football... you have to start somewhere!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on November 14, 2011, 10:31:56 AM
Clubs will then attempt to 'self-police' their supporters.

How about clubs self-policing their supporters off their own bat? Although in Tyrone it would probably involve baseball.

Club Rossa

Was there not a bit of a handling at a youth final between Slaughtneil and Glen a few weeks back?

oakleafgael

There doesnt need to be a complete change in the way things are currently done. What is needed is very simple. Every club has a certain type of supporter, some clubs are lumbered with more than others, who are a timebomb waiting to explode. They should be told they arent welcome, no matter what role they have in the club or what members of their families have done for the club past or present. Its the same people who repeatedly cause the trouble and get away with it.

Club Rossa

Was at the game yesterday and it was rough to say the least.There seems to be alot of bad feeling between the clubs going back a few years now and that all came to a head yesterday.Co. board will be under pressure to act,will be interesting to see what they do.

Magicsponge

Tyrone should take a look at Antrim's County Board, they handed out severe punishments to Rasharkin after the u21 match. I think their punishment was tough and hopefully it will have an impact. There should be heavy bans for both the clubs and individuals

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 14, 2011, 10:38:34 AM
Was there not a bit of a handling at a youth final between Slaughtneil and Glen a few weeks back?

this thread is getting very like the stephen nolan show with all this what aboutary