Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 13, 2011, 09:34:12 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
Players and supporters killing each other up there again today.  ::)
Dragging the good name of the association through the mud for the umpteenth time.
Will they ever learn?

And children in the crowd too, nobody was thinking of them! And parish priests having to witness it too, shocking!
It good you can talk about it anyway Jinxy that's the first step in getting over your trauma.

Good man yourself.
"Nothing to see here folks!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

Dragging the good name of the association through the mud for the umpteenth time.
Will they ever learn?

And children in the crowd too, nobody was thinking of them! And parish priests having to witness it too, shocking!
It good you can talk about it anyway Jinxy that's the first step in getting over your trauma.

On that basis you are then saying this is acceptable.
Facts are there are too many violent incidents in Tyrone club football and its dragging the association into the mud too often.
It makes Wicklow club football look like a walk in the park in comparison.

Throw ball

The sad thing is that this will get more coverage over the next couple of days than the keenly contested and sporting matches that took place over the weekend. After the incidents in Antrim a couple of weeks ago this is the last thing that the GAA need.

Jinxy

This is exactly my point.
The media loves a good 'GAA brawl' headline and Tyrone seems to be the most popular location for most of these stories.
The same team names seem to be cropping up on a regular basis too.
You have to admit you have a problem before you can solve it and far too many Tyrone people seem to accept these things are just a fact of life.
It's the year 2011 lads.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Throw ball

While I admire your research O'Neill but for me it does not matter what county the trouble is in it has to stop. If clubs have a history of this they should be punished more severely.

screenexile

Quote from: Throw ball on November 14, 2011, 12:45:25 AM
While I admire your research O'Neill but for me it does not matter what county the trouble is in it has to stop. If clubs have a history of this they should be punished more severely.

Agreed! Everyone on here can pull up an article from every County in Ireland and even further afield. Until we get a decent disciplinary system in place and satisfactory punishments then we're kidding ourselves and this type of thing will keep on happening.

Antrim County board have taken a stand with Rasharkin and fair play to them but something similar happened in Derry a few years ago and the team got reinstated on appeal and these types of incidents get thrown out all the time when they shouldn't be!! I hope that the Antrim case doesn't end up getting overturned as people need to see there are real consequences for their actions and it will give other County Boards the balls to carry out their purpose and protect the safety of everyone involved in the GAA... I won't hold my breath though!!!

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on November 14, 2011, 12:32:11 AM
Jinxy is correct. Tyrone officials need to have a word with other county officials who have experience in dealing with these types of incidents.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/meath-investigate-brawl-in-championship-match-1714382.html
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/whelan-leads-way-in-dublins-brawl-apology-1355919.html

Do you know what the big difference here is?
You get rows happening from time to time in all counties.
I'll be the first to admit that.
More often than not it's just pulling and dragging which looks worse than it is.
However, in Tyrone in particular, people seem to get HURT on a regular basis.
There seems to be a level of malicious intent that you don't get in many other counties.
It's the broken-jaw capital of Ireland.

cadhlancian

And what a suprise Jinxy , that it would be yourself who would break this "story" on GAA board! Both Dromore and Carrickmore definetly are out of order, and I'm sure the Tyrone county Board will deal with them appropriately, however I can just picture your excitement at learning of this incident ..........and the rush to the toilet with the laptop! ::)

tyssam5

Quote from: Jinxy on November 14, 2011, 12:07:04 AM
Will they ever learn?

Good man yourself.
"Nothing to see here folks!"

Of course it's a serious issue, but your faux-outrage is easy to see through.

INDIANA

Jinxy is correct. Tyrone officials need to have a word with other county officials who have experience in dealing with these types of incidents.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/meath-investigate-brawl-in-championship-match-1714382.html
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/whelan-leads-way-in-dublins-brawl-apology-1355919.html
Do you want to see how many articles can be put up in 2011 alone from Tyrone club football?

You have a serious problem up there and you seem to have no interest in sorting it out.

Sad state of affairs

Minder

I was disappointed but not surprised when I heard of this savagery in Tyrone.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneboi

Quote from: INDIANA on November 14, 2011, 07:32:07 AM

Do you want to see how many articles can be put up in 2011 alone from Tyrone club football?

You have a serious problem up there and you seem to have no interest in sorting it out.

Sad state of affairs

Just out of interest go on ahead with the list of articles Indiana!

Up The Middle

Quote from: eriugaMS on November 13, 2011, 10:33:38 PM
Quote from: eriugaMS on November 13, 2011, 10:08:20 PM
I know it reflects very bad on the GAA but an inner voice was saying -

'Best news i heard all week. Let the hores beat lumps out of each other...... ;D.......'

Sure what more would ye expect from the shower from that part of the country... It is in their blood and it wil never leave them to act like neanderthals...

A line from Mumford and sons springs to mind   "So come out of your cave walking on your hands and see the world hanging upside down"

If I was pop band remarking on this incident i would be LMFAO    ;)

Was it that funny that you had to post it twice?

A line springs to mind for me as well " Your a tool"
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Tubberman

Pretty shameful replies from Tyrone posters in this thread.

QuoteThat was always going to happen. What incentive was there to not act the maggot?

So the supporters need incenvtives not to start brawls in the stand?  ::)

QuoteAnd children in the crowd too, nobody was thinking of them! And parish priests having to witness it too, shocking!

Irony is the lowest form of wit, and that is a pathetic attempt at trying to downplay yet another example of disgraceful behaviour at club games.

Also, O'Neill tries to deflect attention by highlighting instances from other counties. That completely misses the point.
If everyone tries to ignore the problem or say "everyone else is doing it", then the problem will never be resolved, and in all likelyhood will get worse.
It's time supporters, clubs and county boards took some responsibility for themselves ffs.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."