Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

loughshore lad

I thought it was Damien "Fudgie" Quinn??

SlimShady

i have been reliably informed his name is Enda Quinn!

Quinns are ten a penny in the moortown.

culchy1

i see shady markII hasnt reared his ugly head today then.
hes probably still eating that huge slice of humble pie.
aye close isnt up to it, with his sore calves and all.

theres no flies on you slim, not much gets by u!!!
you must keep ur ear close to the ground.
always knew there were plenty o rednecks around toome.

is delargy in at portglenyin way his blankety blank chequebook and pen.

SlimShady

oh aye, brain dead alright! i'm supposed to know that you're referring to another thread on the other board!! f**k sake  :D

where is shady character today?

i hear Close had a good game yesterday as did Mick McCann by all accounts. Close with 3 from play and one free and Mick with 2. So much for no scoring threat.

anyone hear how Rea or the other Close played? or Higgins?

culchy1

only what i read in the paper slim.

rea hit 3 or 4 wides in the first half then got a point in second.
one of his wides was a goal chance in first half.

paul close didnt score and was taken off in second half, think higgins did alrite.

johnjoes mate got a run out yesterday, he came on for rea in the second half.

i see young crozier was on halfback for st marys, he scored a point.

SlimShady

think it was Queens!

who is johnjoe's mate?

culchy1

big magill.

aye the cargin boys done alrite yesterday
tomas mccann got a run out aswell.

SlimShady

ah, i see what you did there. He'll knock JohnJoes pan in if he gets the chance!!

wouldnt read too much into it yesterday but sure theres a sign of life thankully!

shady character

No didn't get a chance to come on yday. Some of us have to work for a living.

Humble pie?? Why would I eat humble pie? As an Antrim supporter I am only delighted when we get a result.
Granted it was 2 very experimental sides, but a result nonetheless.

As for young Close, I heard he had a decent game. Fair play. I never ever questioned his cababilities, but I did question his abiltiy to perform against Ulster sides when at full strength. Nothing has changed, but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Thanks for your indepth report there Culchie. It sounds as though there is also a bit of promise in young Rae. Lorence Higgins too. It will be interesting to see how Lorence fairs. A good strong, fairly tight marking player who seems to have improved as he's got older.

SlimShady

Quote from shady character

''and sure an excellent wee free taker but not a force from play at county level''

Close scored 4 points from Antrims 9. 3 from play. Not bad for a man thats not a force from play  :D ;D

also, Antrims no scoring threat? Close scored 4, Mick scored 2, Rea scored 1, and Paul Close scored one. Thats 4 from the 6 forwards-not bad considering the half forward line was made up more of midfielders.

shady character

Considering you would like to go down the road of previous quotes, I must have my turn. This cracks me up!

Slim says, In reference to young Close having a stinker in the chamionship (and being replaced at half-time accordingly) v Fermanagh last year:
"Close has problems with his calves-they cramp up sometimes but get back to normal after a few minutes rest. would it have been wiser him staying on the field unfit to walk?"
Classic!!

It;s not getting through Slim. Taking nothing away from the fellows, 1 maybe 2 of those players will be on the Down starting 15. So whilst the result was great and very encouraging, it along with the performances must be put into perspective. As for Close, good game (2 from play, 2 frees), but my point is still the same. We need such players to do it aginst , the derry's, down's, cavan's, fermanaghs, tyrones and armaghs when they are full out. If and I hope they do, I will be the first to hold my hand up. So dont think that by certain players doing well I will somehow be embarrassed! Delighted I will be.