Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout

seen the 2nd half of the killyclogher-moortown game, didnt seem a game that the points were thrown, or the result was already fixed. very entertaining game, think moortown will beat the moy and the division 2 play-off teams! and also young tiernan mcCann for killyclogher looks a fine player!

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: scout on September 04, 2011, 12:02:46 PM
seen the 2nd half of the killyclogher-moortown game, didnt seem a game that the points were thrown, or the result was already fixed. very entertaining game, think moortown will beat the moy and the division 2 play-off teams! and also young tiernan mcCann for killyclogher looks a fine player!

Exactly. Same was true with Cookstown's win over us a few Weeks back. ;)

Funny how the Moortown wans ignore the Elephant in the Room (McConnell).
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

randomtask

All this talk of lads coming back from america to play for coalisland. Surely if they are only landing in the next few days they would have no hope of making the 24, and if they did would it not have a detrimental effect on the team itself. The lads who done well to beat cappach in the first round would obviously be very upset to get dropped for players who have been on the piss for two months while they trained hard. IMO if O'Hagan has any cope on he wont have much time for the americans.

barelegs

Brian Toner wasn't long home and he started at centre half forward against Killyclogher.

In fairness to Kane, Kerr and Philly Toner they did win a Boston championship with McAnespies so they have been playing some football and doing some training as opposed to just being on the piss. It's interesting to listen to O'Hagan's interview on Teamtalk. Just at the end of the interview he said "hopefully we'll have a few new players within the next few days."

If you thought they'd give you a better chance to win back to back championships wouldn't you play them?

The ironic thing is the Coalisland squad is probably stronger now than it was a year ago. They'll not be easy beat

time_for_a_swift_half

I have doubts over whether Coalisland will be any serious threat this year. Don't think there is any doubt of their quality, but I feel the introduction of so many players at this stage could be detrimental to their chances of retaining the O'Neill Cup. Then again I could be wrong.

It's hard to look past Clonoe or Carrickmore. Both teams are defensively sound and are well drilled and this should provide an intriguing encounter.
Lick Them!

randomtask

Quote from: barelegs on September 04, 2011, 02:57:46 PM
If you thought they'd give you a better chance to win back to back championships wouldn't you play them?

That is true but i cant see how playing them would help, surely they would be jet-lagged from travelling, and possibly only take part in one full training session, not the type of build up you would want to be taking part in for a championship quater final. Time will tell i suppose

winghalfback

Think it would be so silly of o hagan and herron to play the lads only home this wed on sunday as they might be in great condition but they will be tired and will not have played to any game plans i doubt the floodlights will be burning into the night every night this week for this reason i fancy omagh to win next sunday

gaelic

Dromore and Ardboe is tie of the round. Ricey on McGuigan and Fabian O'Neill on Frank McGuigan. I think Dromore after extra time.  They are stonger and fitter than last year and have a point to prove. Mark my words Plunkett Kane and Liam Wylie will line out against Omagh and expect Philly Toner and Niall Kerr to appear in the 2nd half. The lads are home Wednesday after the North American Final in San Franciso is tonight. OHagan has been sickening them with phonecalls. Expect a big game from Peter Donnelly on Conan Grugan.
Jurys still out on Clonoe and Carmen. Dont know what to expect. Heard Gormley is injured and if he is its Clonoes day.
Moortown to blow Derrylaughan off the park and shock Omagh in the semis.  :P

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: gaelic on September 04, 2011, 08:41:01 PM
Dromore and Ardboe is tie of the round. Ricey on McGuigan and Fabian O'Neill on Frank McGuigan. I think Dromore after extra time.  They are stonger and fitter than last year and have a point to prove. Mark my words Plunkett Kane and Liam Wylie will line out against Omagh and expect Philly Toner and Niall Kerr to appear in the 2nd half. The lads are home Wednesday after the North American Final in San Franciso is tonight. OHagan has been sickening them with phonecalls. Expect a big game from Peter Donnelly on Conan Grugan.
Jurys still out on Clonoe and Carmen. Dont know what to expect. Heard Gormley is injured and if he is its Clonoes day.
Moortown to blow Derrylaughan off the park and shock Omagh in the semis:P

bold prediction that the St Malachy's to make the final. would love to see it happen but not putting any money on it
First on the field and last to leave

winghalfback

gaelic i took everything u said until u started talkin about moortown they are rank the DKB will beat them. Gormely will be playing against clonoe and will have a man marking job to do on one of clonoes main men as for the title its between clonoe and omagh imo

ziggysego

O'Neills U16L Grade 3 Playoff - Greencastle 6-14 Moortown 0-05
Testing Accessibility

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: gaelic on September 04, 2011, 08:41:01 PM
Moortown to blow Derrylaughan off the park and shock Omagh in the semis.  :P

Gormley wasn't risked after taking a knock in training, but he'll be fit for Clonoe. Rahilly's are not to be underestimated, but once Errigal ran at them yesterday they only managed one point in the second half (along with a late penalty). While Dromore v Ardboe will be interesting no doubt, the Carmen and Clonoe game is undoubtedly the tie of the round IMO, the two in form teams in Tyrone.
St Colmcilles won at home on the opening day of the season, but Clonoe are on a powerful streak. Though I think Carrickmore are better organised this year and will still shade it under the lights in Omagh, with their strong defence and knack of bagging goals. Omagh have yet to prove themselves when the chips are down and I fancy the Fianna to frustrate them another year.

Some great games in store! Looking forward to them.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

winghalfback

when are the league semi finals due to be played i heard weekend of sept 24th 25th with carrickmore and clonoe having home advantage is this right .
At the other end of the table who is going to survive the drop moortown or Moy i feel moy would be best equipped to survive the drop but i think it wouldnt do them a bit of harm to play in div 2 for a few years . Good to see edendork up thats another handy 2 points for us next year too.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: winghalfback on September 05, 2011, 11:47:07 AM
when are the league semi finals due to be played i heard weekend of sept 24th 25th with carrickmore and clonoe having home advantage is this right .
At the other end of the table who is going to survive the drop moortown or Moy i feel moy would be best equipped to survive the drop but i think it wouldnt do them a bit of harm to play in div 2 for a few years . Good to see edendork up thats another handy 2 points for us next year too.

Honestly, I hope to see Moortown beat the Moy. As I said before, Moortown doing well at Senior Level will be the kick up the A$$ we need (just as Moortown's 'Golden Era' in the Early/Mid 90's made us stand up and take notice).
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

time_for_a_swift_half

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 05, 2011, 04:32:50 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 05, 2011, 11:47:07 AM

Honestly, I hope to see Moortown beat the Moy. As I said before, Moortown doing well at Senior Level will be the kick up the A$$ we need (just as Moortown's 'Golden Era' in the Early/Mid 90's made us stand up and take notice).

Why do you spend your time lauding Moortown and Ballinderry on this forum. Moortown are at best a very average team. They may feel that they have done a great job by getting into the quarter-finals but Derrylaughan will have too much for them, and in doing so, show the gulf between two teams from the same end of the table.

Also I don't see it having any affect on Ardboe. If they can't raise their game under their own merits I don't think Moortown will influence them. Make or break Friday night for Ardboe!!
Lick Them!