Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonkers09

WT4E

Would it be the end of the world if we played one round of club fixtures without the under 21's this weekend? Its not going to make or break anyone's season.

It could be a great weekend for football and we could have 1500 players within the county doing nothing when they could be out playing!

Tommo2

Quote from: Carmenalways on April 21, 2015, 11:49:43 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on April 20, 2015, 05:55:14 PM
It looks like Carrickmore have been awarded the win against Killyclogher in the opening league game. I wonder how much the pressure from the Tyrone/Ulster Herald report had to bear on the refs decision to change the scorecard. It seems strange that the particular newspaper allows reporters from their own club produce the match report. Hardly unbiased reporting.

The report(regardless of where the reporter is from)stated the facts. Carmen scored 1-12. Final score 1-11 to 1-11. Such a nonsense of a post.

The fact is the ref told the players that their was 1 point in it. He made a point of making the scoreboard guy change the scoreboard. As a result Killyclogher tried to score a point from a 45, which they duly did. If they thought they were 3 points down they would have dropped the ball in for a goal attempt. Also, they had an opportunity for a point in injury time, which they went for, thinking it would be the winning point. If they had known they were 2 points down, they would have attempted a goal scoring opportunity. The ref stated to both players and officials after the game that it was a draw and he duly recorded this score with the Tyrone website. The pressure afterwards resulted in him changing his report/score. I understand the fact that Carrickmore scored more than Killyclogher. However, the ref had informed everyone of his understanding of the position and as a result, Killyclogher responded by going for an equalising point as opposed to a goal. They also attempted a further point in injury time, thinking it would be the winning point. Again, this was on the basis of the score recorded by the ref. I don't know what the ruling is on this, but it did have a bearing on the way Killyclogher finished the game.

It wasn't a nonsense post. Mind you, I thought Carrickmore didn't care about the league. Seems they do!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 22, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
If the 1st rd of championship is to continue being in May, it should have a back door, cant have 50% of our clubs out of championship whilst every other county in Ulster have looked after their clubs and ensured they are involved until August. this cannot be good for our long term player development, but more importantly, its not good for clubs having the main focus of the season taken away from them 8 weeks into the club season.
But if the championship was to start in August after 75% of league games played a straight knockout.

I think we all agree that the current problems all exist due to the prolonged county fixtures and the desire to maximise income.

I really cant believe some people are suggesting we introduce a back door system.

Not only would in take away from the much admired intensity & competitivness of our current championship, surely it would create further fixture issues with far more rounds of games to play and fit into the calendar somewhere  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 22, 2015, 11:10:40 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 22, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
If the 1st rd of championship is to continue being in May, it should have a back door, cant have 50% of our clubs out of championship whilst every other county in Ulster have looked after their clubs and ensured they are involved until August. this cannot be good for our long term player development, but more importantly, its not good for clubs having the main focus of the season taken away from them 8 weeks into the club season.
But if the championship was to start in August after 75% of league games played a straight knockout.

I think we all agree that the current problems all exist due to the prolonged county fixtures and the desire to maximise income.

I really cant believe some people are suggesting we introduce a back door system.

Not only would in take away from the much admired intensity & competitivness of our current championship, surely it would create further fixture issues with far more rounds of games to play and fit into the calendar somewhere  :-\

Did you read anything that I posted?

longballin

The back door has ruined much of the county championship so we'll now do same to the clubs.  :o  Championship is do or die... disapointing surely to go out but all or nothing is the drama of it.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2015, 11:33:34 AM
The back door has ruined much of the county championship so we'll now do same to the clubs.  :o  Championship is do or die... disapointing surely to go out but all or nothing is the drama of it.

Playing c'ship where 50% of our clubs are out of the it after the first 8 weeks of the season is the real story. All to accommodate the county season. Lets pretend we are the president of the association or a  high flying CB Board official  at the club dinner, lets all say it together now ' the clubs are the grass roots of the association' rhetoric

longballin

so address the real problem, the overly long county season with too many competitions (McKenna Cup) too many one sided championship games and the backdoor. That's whats squeezing the clubs... two wrongs don't make a right. Three teams who got to club leagues semi finals last year went out in championship first round including winners Killyclogher so they don't give up. If Tyrone go back to glory days its club championship run off in a few weeks of muck the other way   

time ticking away

There are loads of problems with the inter county season, the fact that an inter county league of 8 teams (7 games), took 10 weekends  to run off being the most obvious. The inter county log jam will not be sorted anytime soon as there is no appetite to do so at Central council, despite the election rhetoric of past and current presidents. Therefore it is important that the Tyrone clubs problem, is sorted out by the Tyrone county board as they will not be getting help from the master planner.
How this is done is obviously extremely difficult. The club leagues are massively important to the majority of clubs (div2 and div3) especially but the championship is still everyone's dream. To ask players to train from January until October/November for possibly only one championship game in May is unfair. For people to say its great to have sudden death championship games as a supporter, it's not so great for 50% of the players whom make the sacrifices
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

W.A.G. Lover

I know the issue has been raised before but what if we were to implement a similar layout to Club Football in Kerry. Yes, there will be more games which is a further headache for the CCC but this also opens more flexibility for Clubs as their standard players are getting plenty of game time, whilst the county players will be able to play a high percentage of these in addition to training with the County Panel.

To further detail my point, there would be a main Senior Championship whereby all our current Senior Clubs would take part. We would then have divisional teams such as North, East, South and West taking part. This would give the opportunity for Intermediate and Junior players to play against the 'better quality' players in the County. These divisional teams would then also have their own Divisional Championship.

I dont quite fully understand the entire mechanics to how it all works (Maybe someone can enlighten) but i am sure you get the point I am trying to make. Everyone wants the County teams to succeed so we can dine at the top table once again. However our Club players feel alienated because they are been sacrificed and dont get enough game time for the training and effort they put in. The old Cup Competitions were ok as a means of providing games, but the competitiveness soon was lost and we returned to the same old issues.

longballin

sacrifices? what sacrifices do club players make? best days of your life...   

time ticking away

Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2015, 12:38:49 PM
If you didn't make many sacrifices in your playing career I'm guessing you don't have many successes to talk about. Lots of good memories I'm sure, but probably not much success. And if that makes you happy, then that's great
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Red Hand Man

Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2015, 12:38:49 PM

Incredible.

longballin

Red Hand Man

Adherence to an all consuming training programme, which dictates your diet, and your ability to socialize with a few drinks etc.

Time spent away from wives, children, girlfriends etc.

The inability to plan holidays, weekends away etc.

Loss of earnings through lack of overtime.

Career development stunted due to the heavy time commitent involved.

Studies disrupted.

There's an endless list IF you are part of a team driven to succeed.

This is by no means an exhaustive list.