Tyrone v Mayo - 9th Feb in Omagh - Deferred coverage on TG4

Started by Fuzzman, February 03, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on February 10, 2014, 11:25:41 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 10, 2014, 11:20:58 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 10, 2014, 11:18:21 AM
I just read in the paper that Mayo have 20 men unavailable at the minute.

The paper must be including subs and players no longer on the panel? Mayo were missing 7 All Ireland final starters yesterday. Tom Cunniffe, Chris Barrett, Donal Vaughan, Seamus O’Shea, Alan Dillon; Cillian O’Connor, Alan Freeman and how likely are Freeman,Dillon to be starters this year?

Why are you picking on Dillon and Freeman? Just asking like.

Seems like Freeman has fallen out of favour and Dillon in his early 30s struggling with injuries might be used as impact sub.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 10, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

The paper must be including subs and players no longer on the panel? Mayo were missing 7 All Ireland final starters yesterday. Tom Cunniffe, Chris Barrett, Donal Vaughan, Seamus O'Shea, Alan Dillon; Cillian O'Connor, Alan Freeman and how likely are Freeman,Dillon to be starters this year?

Seem like Freeman has fallen out of favour and Dillon in his early 30s struggling with injuries might be used as impact sub.

I m not sure what falling out of favour means, but if it means what I think it means we are fucked. As you say Dillon is only early 30s and if he gets his injuries sorted he ll be good to go.

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on February 10, 2014, 11:43:32 PM

The paper must be including subs and players no longer on the panel? Mayo were missing 7 All Ireland final starters yesterday. Tom Cunniffe, Chris Barrett, Donal Vaughan, Seamus O'Shea, Alan Dillon; Cillian O'Connor, Alan Freeman and how likely are Freeman,Dillon to be starters this year?

Seem like Freeman has fallen out of favour and Dillon in his early 30s struggling with injuries might be used as impact sub.

I m not sure what falling out of favour means, but if it means what I think it means we are fucked. As you say Dillon is only early 30s and if he gets his injuries sorted he ll be good to go.

I'm not sure what you mean that you are fcuked, good subs to bring on are essential, early 30s yes however Dillon has plenty of mileage on the clock. The seven given a chance yesterday i think Gallagher,McHale impressed Drake had his moment also.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: muppet on February 10, 2014, 11:26:57 PM

Freeman will definitely be a starter unless something has gone terribly wrong.

Barry Moran & Conor Loftus would be getting games. Mikey Sweeney from Kiltane would be getting a look, although I am not convinced. Richie Feeney yes, although if he wasn't brought on against the Dubs around the same time he was brought on against Donegal, when would you use him?  Maybe a keeper or two is unfit.

Evan Regan is technically unavailable I suppose.  :D

Hard to see '20 men unavailable' though.

Maybe the casualties from last day are being factored in? Boyle was winged early and Cafferkey and Keegan also ended up casualties. Jason Doherty ended up wing back!

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 10, 2014, 11:54:25 PM

I'm not sure what you mean that you are fcuked, good subs to bring on are essential, early 30s yes however Dillon has plenty of mileage on the clock. The seven given a chance yesterday i think Gallagher,McHale impressed Drake had his moment also.

Why has Freeman gone out of favour do you think?
Dillon will be an automatic later. No question. He will tell JH when he s ready to play.
Adam Gallagher will come into it. McHale has done well and I think Drake has done well.

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on February 11, 2014, 12:07:15 AM
Only Mayo management and would know the answer to that.

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 11, 2014, 12:22:23 AM

Indeed. But I m sure we a fair idea.
But fair dues to freeman for going back for more.
And fair dues to those that didnt go back for more.

Syferus

I think what was learnt last year, that Freeman is a confidence player (what player isn't, but certainly more so than most) who thrives when he gets a bit of a backing and a run of games hasn't been taken on board by Horan. The musical chairs he's dealing with after coming up big on multiple occasions in last year's championship would knock the confidence of any player.

If performing to a near All-Star level last year isn't enough for Horan to have faith in him, what hope does the lad have?

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on February 11, 2014, 12:31:18 AM

Time to trust the manager that has gotten mayo to 2 AIF's in a row.
constant Sniping does no one any good.
Mayos history is littered with Genius' that Flattered to deceive  or never reach their potential due to injuries  Work, women, Beer or Hubris .
Regan would not even break that top 10.

And if any one knows the situation regarding Feeney or freeman stop hinting and spit it out  that what discussion boards are for , not people pretending to have some great inside knowledge  thats its unsafe to pass on. try delusionalParanod.com for that
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Wee Roddy

Quote from: God14 on February 10, 2014, 03:34:09 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on February 10, 2014, 03:22:25 PM
Conor Gormley to me would be the natural centre half back for Tyrone. He can hold the centre, is a big physical presence and his distribution is top drawer.

Yeah id agree with that. Id like to see Conor at 6 & Pete Harte switched to 7.

Any word about Carrickmore Roddy when he is likely to be back? Read somewhere a while back that his wife was due to give birth to twins in Feb? I noticed at the Derry match nearly all the injured players were present (even longer term injured players like AIdan Cass) - but no sign of SON or Conor... Maybe I read too much into these things!
His wife had twins last week so he has three children under 3. He was at club training last Sunday Morning I believe but I don't think him or indeed Penrose have been back at collective county training yet.
I like the look of a half back line of McGinley Conor and Harte but we will concede scores.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: rosnarun on February 11, 2014, 01:22:27 AM

Mayos history is littered with Genius' that Flattered to deceive  or never reach their potential due to injuries  Work, women, Beer or Hubris .

And if any one knows the situation regarding Feeney or freeman stop hinting and spit it out  that what discussion boards are for , not people pretending to have some great inside knowledge  thats its unsafe to pass on. try delusionalParanod.com for that

I think its common enough knowledge they had a row in coke the week after the all-ireland, presumably based on Freeman coming off in the AIF. Word was that he was sick the week leading up to it and Horan obviously based part of his reason to take him off. By the looks of it they've kissed and made up and fair play to them.

As for the Regan thing, FFS Moysider will you let this one go. He was dropped from the panel last year, you dont agree with it but Horan is the manager, sees him and the rest of the team in training every week, for whatever reason he deemed him surplus to requirements. He was asked back this year and declined. If it was because he was thick over last year then good luck to him, its a priviledge to wear the mayo jersey not a god given right. Barry Moran and the way he has handled himself would be a good role model for him.
If its because hes off to the states for the summer and he prioritises that then fair enough, its a huge commitment to play with a county team, esp when you may not get to kick a ball.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

haranguerer

Just stuck the head into this thread for a nosy - very interesting to find out a bit round Freemans substitution in the AI, an utterly bizarre substitution, he was the pick of the forward line at that point. We had thought he had to have been injured.

Re Horan, he gave an interview in the Irish News after the Tyrone game which I thought was bizarre too, lines like 'We bought a lot of dummies today' 'those lads [mccurry/donnelly] wont get space like that again' - seemed like the kind of stuff supporters would be saying in the car on the way home, not an interco manager giving media interviews.

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 11, 2014, 09:37:59 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on February 11, 2014, 01:22:27 AM

I think its common enough knowledge they had a row in coke the week after the all-ireland, presumably based on Freeman coming off in the AIF. Word was that he was sick the week leading up to it and Horan obviously based part of his reason to take him off. By the looks of it they've kissed and made up and fair play to them.

As for the Regan thing, FFS Moysider will you let this one go. He was dropped from the panel last year, you dont agree with it but Horan is the manager, sees him and the rest of the team in training every week, for whatever reason he deemed him surplus to requirements. He was asked back this year and declined. If it was because he was thick over last year then good luck to him, its a priviledge to wear the mayo jersey not a god given right. Barry Moran and the way he has handled himself would be a good role model for him.
If its because hes off to the states for the summer and he prioritises that then fair enough, its a huge commitment to play with a county team, esp when you may not get to kick a ball.

Why the hell is anyone questioning Regan's attitude?

He didn't sell Mayo up the river, he was dropped from your panel (clearly Horan regrets it given it's an open secret he tried to get him back this year) and he's decided to not commit to the heavy load that is senior inter-county training this year. He's a county U21, was playing Sigerson this year and is obviously in college too. We've got a couple lads of college-age who opted to take the year off from senior too, in fact the surprise is this isn't even more widespread. And they didn't get dropped, either.

Regan will probably be on your panel next season when he has more time to give, he's done nothing to have you coming on here attacking him for being so bold as to take a break from what amounts to being unpaid professional athlete.

Mayo4Sam

who the f**k is attacking him?

I gave two scenarios and rationalised both

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: haranguerer on February 11, 2014, 10:10:46 AM
Just stuck the head into this thread for a nosy - very interesting to find out a bit round Freemans substitution in the AI, an utterly bizarre substitution, he was the pick of the forward line at that point. We had thought he had to have been injured.

Re Horan, he gave an interview in the Irish News after the Tyrone game which I thought was bizarre too, lines like 'We bought a lot of dummies today' 'those lads [mccurry/donnelly] wont get space like that again' - seemed like the kind of stuff supporters would be saying in the car on the way home, not an interco manager giving media interviews.

I wouldnt agree with that personally, I think he had got one ball that the FB had dropped into his lap, which he was onto like a shot. But he is the kinda fella I would keep in there, hes very sharp.
But to argue the point, I dont think he was burning the place up at the same time