Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManInBlackandGreen

If it warrants it NAG1 I will, although disagree with you on the "Pick of them", think Elliot has come into his own this year, and is Antrim's/Ulsters best Referee with Eamon running a close second and yes the lads are entitled to have the odd bad day, Jesus with what they have to endure these days I'm surprised they can referee a game at all.

JamesH

Sie I was also at last years league game and both teams were as bad as each other in the Slapping, if you really want to go over old ground, although none of our supporters struck Oran Scullion when he was hanging over the fence during one of the rows, yours did fact. And as far as supporters are concerned we all have our half wits, is the father of your corner forward not serving 2 years for extreme verbal abuse to Duffy and its not that long ago one of yours struck Herbie after the feis final. We have one deservedly  serving life , if we are coming on this forum and defending the undefendable the site will be a waste of time.

Seamroga in exile

Indeed we do James, as you've rightly pointed out, we all have them. At least you can admit to it unlike others on here.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 10, 2012, 03:06:59 PM
Indeed we do James, as you've rightly pointed out, we all have them. At least you can admit to it unlike others on here.

We don't, fooking animals up north
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gelvis

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2012, 05:54:32 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 10, 2012, 03:06:59 PM

We don't, fooking animals up north

LOL good one MR2....a family (bar one) springs to mind  ;)
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

manballandall

Anybody any thoughts on tonights games?. Think we've had enough of this dribble. Have st galls got a manager in place yet?. Hard for players to make decisions while on the pitch and if that's the case I will edge for rossa. Glenariff to win handy

lonely1

Well I think Rossa will win in a canter, think Wing and Duffy have them playing as a unit and all the need now is the confidence with a few wins, and who knows come championship. Lamhs should account for gorts handy enough, although it might end up tasty! Agree glenariff for a handy touch, and sticking my neck out, the Johnnies to steal a win in the town.

oisinog

I think we will win but I dont think it will be handy as carry always push us close.

I will be keeping an eye on the Galls result as we have them on sunday in belfast and Its always hard to get a win there

btdtgtt

I don't see anything more than a couple of points either way between galls and Rossa - it's always a game that the results as been a coin toss. Some Talking down galls but look at their championship results - talking up Rossa but barring dunloy they've had a terrible ulster league.
Maybe mr2 and hardstation might shed some light?
Promises to be tight - galls will have full side available while Rossa at home so i will sit on the fence with draw.

Other fixtures straightforward enough I called them earlier in the week.

pullhard

Well done to the shams winning on st pats.
Respect and praise where it's due.

I have read this forum was years and it has been normally well balanced and sensible stuff. However:

This crying on a public forum about county players and managers is terrible, boys posting this should be ashamed, and it's no one's business outside of the panel.

Slating ref's is a dangerous game, we can't play are games without them weather their good or bad.

Of course there is going to be some bitterness and jealously towards loughgiel, their fans have to take it.

BlackandAmber

Ballycastle v St Johns
The Town to win this sayin as they beat the Johnnies in Armoy a few weeks ago even if both had'nt full teams and they have home advantage as well. Main thing I see in St Johns favour might be Hippy missing. Think this is big game for the Town. Winning means they're where they should be losin they could struggel to stay up.

Glenarriffe v Carey
Glenarriffe for this with home advantage and they had better standard last year. I think Glenarriffe will look for Div1 next year with Carey being mid table Div 2

Lamh dearg v Gortnamona
Lamh dearg on last year

Rossa v St Galls
St Galls on championship form last year. Result maybe give idea of whose goin up.

Jeepers Creepers

Home wins, although might fancy Johnnies against B'Castle.

johnneycool

We've what will ultimately become a relegation battle with our neighbours, Ballycran tonight.

They've been going better than us in the Ulster league and should probably take the points.

Some very poor hurlers being given senior jerseys in our place at the minute. We'll need to rebuild over the next few years and get the attitude towards training and commitment of the youngsters coming through the underage ranks seriously changed as we've lads with a bit of ability but too bloody lazy to push themselves any harder.

The Ards clubs aren't any big shakes at the minute so we'll be looking to take points off our neighbours as much as possible with maybe the Johnnies and Ballycastle at home another few points.

None of the Ards clubs will take any points off Loughgiel, Cushendall or Dunloy this year. Portaferry are probably the pick and they're struggling with commitment issues as well.

the colonel

Quote from: johnneycool on April 11, 2012, 01:38:33 PM
We've what will ultimately become a relegation battle with our neighbours, Ballycran tonight.

They've been going better than us in the Ulster league and should probably take the points.

Some very poor hurlers being given senior jerseys in our place at the minute. We'll need to rebuild over the next few years and get the attitude towards training and commitment of the youngsters coming through the underage ranks seriously changed as we've lads with a bit of ability but too bloody lazy to push themselves any harder.

The Ards clubs aren't any big shakes at the minute so we'll be looking to take points off our neighbours as much as possible with maybe the Johnnies and Ballycastle at home another few points.

None of the Ards clubs will take any points off Loughgiel, Cushendall or Dunloy this year. Portaferry are probably the pick and they're struggling with commitment issues as well.

I know its early in the season and a journey to Cushendall for 1pm on Easter Sunday is not ideal (madness fixing that fixture), I thought Portaferry were really poor on Sunday. We were not great ourselves and won by 15 points. Even Braniff was well off with free's. We played Ballygalget in Ulster League in February and we probably stole a win so I would have thought Ballygalget were better than Portaferry
the difference between success and failure is energy

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 07:56:59 PM
Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

Not that i want to start this again cuz i was'nt at the game but that's a different opionon from the one you had in September.  ???