Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: WTF u on about? on March 09, 2015, 08:51:46 PM
Right fair enough I think we've established that Matty is a committed hurler. But we've also established that he's not a forward! Does he himself not tell kr look I'm a back not a forward! Am I wasting my time here because Ill only ever be a makeshift full forward! There's being committed then there's deluding urself.
Round pegs in round holes please. If we don't have a big full forward good enough then don't play with one then work a game plan around our small quick men.

Agreed but we are light on quick men to
Enough matty bashing he went where he was told and probably didn't argue
Woukd sort of manager would ask a player where he wants to go
Connor Carson played full back for a while and done well to he met danny Sutcliffe in casment one day
He got pulled all over the place and couldn't keep up got completely roasted
Depends who your marking really doesn't it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 09, 2015, 07:15:54 PM
Think we're all fed up with the performance. The man apologized which speaks volumes. Say what you want about KR but he is waking Antrim hurling up to the realisation of the type of commitment required. As far as he's concerned you can commit fully or f@#k off. It's the only way. Some players are embracing it and others are fighting it. It's cost us some good players so far but so be it. It's what we have to do long term.

I'm 4 square behind this post.

Frustrated as everyone is, the negativity for negativity's sake takes the energy levels and enthusiasm down. I respect where KR and his team is trying to take Antrim. I think we need to hold the line and see if the boys putting the shoulder to the wheel can turn it around. I want them to prove everyone wrong, rather than pine for this imaginary bunch of 'stars' who are willing and able to ride in and save the day. The panels motto should be .... Illegitimi non carborundum

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

keep her low this half

Sad to hear about Jim Nelson, true hurling man and an absolute legend for this county, may he rest in peace.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Think we're all fed up with the performance. The man apologized which speaks volumes. Say what you want about KR but he is waking Antrim hurling up to the realisation of the type of commitment required. As far as he's concerned you can commit fully or f@#k off. It's the only way. Some players are embracing it and others are fighting it. It's cost us some good players so far but so be it. It's what we have to do long term.

+1

couldn't agree more. Im tired of hearing about players leaving the panel because they dont agree with the training or club differences nonsense. The commitment level the current players are showing has to be commended as they are training their guts out travelling long distances after work and getting home late just because they want to be there.

We dont have the best team, we all know that but were working with the people who want to be there and thats all KR can be judged on. Theres no point people saying if we had him or him we would be better. We dont have them, they dont want to be there.

It looks like we are for Div 2 next year unless we beat either waterford or offaly. We need to beat one of them!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 10, 2015, 08:45:22 AM

+1

couldn't agree more. Im tired of hearing about players leaving the panel because they dont agree with the training or club differences nonsense. The commitment level the current players are showing has to be commended as they are training their guts out travelling long distances after work and getting home late just because they want to be there.

We dont have the best team, we all know that but were working with the people who want to be there and thats all KR can be judged on. Theres no point people saying if we had him or him we would be better. We dont have them, they dont want to be there.

It looks like we are for Div 2 next year unless we beat either waterford or offaly. We need to beat one of them!

No doubt there's anotehr play-off.
Nothing ever changes in these groundhog day seasons.

brendanbelfast

From GAA website

"Bottom Two Teams contest Relegation Play-Off (with formula outlined above for
Quarter Finals to be used to determine Home venue) – Loser plays Roinn 2A winner in Relegation/Promotion Playoff"

So as before we get two cracks at avoiding relegation.

Na Glinntí Glasa

ah right, i had read elsewhere that we wouldnt get a play off.

great, yet another bit of clawing at remaining in 1b.
hurl like f**k boi!

brendanbelfast

If ourselves, Offaly and Laois each win one match, then score difference will determine which of us goes into a relegation play off and who goes into quarter final. So it would be important not to concede a big amount this Sunday v Waterford. That also assumes Laois don't win any other games - they have to host Wexford (which they will be targeting as a win) and are away to Limerick.

But we could well be heading into final game - home to Offaly - with a quarter final place still up for grabs, and more importantly, an early opportunity to get out of the relegation battle. Perversely though, if Laois win another game ours v Offaly could be a reversal of last years Tullamore dead rubber from our point of view, though Offaly will need to win it to avoid the play off.

btdtgtt

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 10, 2015, 10:18:01 AM
From GAA website

"Bottom Two Teams contest Relegation Play-Off (with formula outlined above for
Quarter Finals to be used to determine Home venue) – Loser plays Roinn 2A winner in Relegation/Promotion Playoff"

So as before we get two cracks at avoiding relegation.

The system favours us - great.
But it ain't half repetitive and boring.
New season, same matches, and at the end of it - as you were.
And during the whole procession we'll hold up the club hurling of the majority of Gaels.
What was that someone said about doing the same things?!

brendanbelfast

One last point before getting back to work. If we are in a play off to decide who plays 2a champions, then we will be away from home v either Laois or Offaly. We have  had 3 home games in regular season while they have each had 2.

And on Sunday last - poor performance all round, dire crowd, less than 500 Id say.

Na Glinntí Glasa

also i might add it was advertised at the wrong time of 2.30! i spoke to a fair few people who turned up at half time.

only grace was that we didnt have to pay in!

£13 is still IMO far too much for a league game anyway.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

When was the last time we won a league game that wasn't a play off?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres a good one.

carlow away in 2013
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 10, 2015, 10:58:52 AM
also i might add it was advertised at the wrong time of 2.30! i spoke to a fair few people who turned up at half time.

€15 into Croke park for a Div1 double header with the Dubs hurling and football doesn't stack up with £13 into a Div1B game standing in the cold and rain!!

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on March 10, 2015, 12:18:40 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 10, 2015, 10:58:52 AM

€15 into Croke park for a Div1 double header with the Dubs hurling and football doesn't stack up with £13 into a Div1B game standing in the cold and rain!!

The attendance is reflective of the point I made regarding the montony and repetitivenes of each season, our standard, and the pricing - whoever sets the amount.
It shouldnt be quoted as some sort of slant on Antrim gaels.