Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont mind paying into a game but seriously someone has to look at the pricing of these games.

£13 to stand in the freezing wind and rain with no shelter whatsoever makes no sense. Added to that there was next to no parking facilities.

This isnt a slight against armoy by the way.

Was chatting to few ballycastle club men and they told me both their pitches are now ruined from the county matches and they cant even train on them themselves now. Theres no grounds available due to all the bad weather we have had
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 10, 2015, 12:31:17 PM
i dont mind paying into a game but seriously someone has to look at the pricing of these games.

£13 to stand in the freezing wind and rain with no shelter whatsoever makes no sense. Added to that there was next to no parking facilities.

Was chatting to few ballycastle club men and they told me both their pitches are now ruined from the county matches and they cant even train on them themselves now. Theres no grounds available due to all the bad weather we have had

I'm sure Loughgiel would roll out the red carpet SIE!
Couldn't resist!

If anyone is on Twitter which Antrim account is official or reports match scores?
Do they report club results also?

Unlaoised

Thought Laois looked hungrier to be honest...Antrim full forward line weren't up to much and Cahir healy had a field day at full back and he has been a weak link in the Laois team so far this year as he try's to get up to speed with the hurling again after concentrating more on football for the last few years in Laois.

Laois miss another peno that 3 so far this year lucky for us it didn't prove as costly as our two against the Biffo's(offaly)

I think Antrim will be okay and you could even beat Offaly so score difference will come into play...

LAOIS ABÚ

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 10, 2015, 12:47:29 PM

Couldn't resist!

If anyone is on Twitter which Antrim account is official or reports match scores?

usually only championship games and the odd random game. The county antrim post are good for tweeting club results.

If i get a 3G signal i usually tweet our scores as they come and tag the CAP and antrim account on it
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

County antrim post, clubaontroma and antrimgaapro are all very good.

btdtgtt

Great guys thanks a lot!

brendanbelfast

I run the @Clubaontroma account. Its concentrated on county teams, and score updates depends on which matches I am at or for which I can get online radio commentary, which you can for most matches down south. On days like Sunday last it is limited due to lack of wi-fi / 4g connection on the north coast.

It was previously the 'official' county account but isn't since I stood down as PRO.

Seamroga in exile

Couldn't resist!

I'm sure we would if the pitch was playable.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

I see the first weekend fixtures are up

6 00 PM   St.Patrick's GAC, Portaferry v Mac Uilin CLG       
6 00 PM   St John's GAC   v Loughgiel Shamrocks   
6 00 PM   Ghaeil Chluanaidh v   Ruairí Óg   
6 00 PM   Naomh Gall v   O`Donovan Rossa           
6 00 PM   Ballycran v Cuchullains-Dunloy
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 10, 2015, 04:01:51 PM

Couldn't resist!

Armoy is grand, I can cope with the crowds we are getting
"We have 99 problems but a pitch ain't one"
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

bannside

All true Antrim hurling Gaels will be mourning the loss of the one and only Jim Nelson who will be buried tomorrow.

For many the days out supporting our legendary hurling team of the late eighties and early nineties provided many many memories, and rose our expectation levels through the roof, with genuine cause.

Jim was the man who assembled some unique talents and formed them into one helluva formidable team that regularly beat the best teams of that era.

Tomorrow will be a sad day for many of those legends, as well as hundreds of us who look back on those Nelson led days as simply the highlights of many of our lives.

Rest in peace Jim. You will never be forgotten wherever Antrim hurling is discussed.

gelvis

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 09, 2015, 07:30:49 PM
He said sorry so let's drop it
mc Fadden wasn't playing on Sunday which was strange
If loughgeil had the best six forwards in the county I would ha e no problem with them starting
LG have been very organised at getting there forward space at club level
When they are going well it was nice to watch
Unfortunately county defenders are quicker thinking and usually have more pace and stronger
Different game all together
Ii think this is why Eddie struggled a bit with the saffron jersey on
You have to be able to contest and win 50/50 ball at county level or have a unit that can create the space with defenders delivering with pin point Accuracy to where he's running
A good corner back will be there before you anyway. You just won't open up defences as easy
The conditions where faster yesterday than v Limerick and in the second half we where behind the play big time
Young Clarke had a good game on hickey two weeks ago, but yesterday's conditions would have been a different story

That is the most out dated statement that keeps being thrown out around these parts.  There isnt a single County team worth their salt that stands by this anymore.  Even Kk have dropped the likes of Tommy Walsh for half backs (Kieran Joyce, Cillian Buckley) and midfielders (Lester Ryan, Richie Hogan) who are better at working the ball out and delivering balls to forwards that have a 70/30 chance of sticking.

Obviously not every single ball can be this and the 50/50 will sometimes be the only option.  Can anyone explain to me why for the last three years we have insisted on working the ball out of the half backs and midfield until we have a little space and then humping a ball with snow on it on top of Clarky/Pj/Conor McCann/Hamill?  Why do we stop working the ball at our own 65?  The forwards fight and try but more often than not the ball is straight back onto our half backs who have to work like hell and eventually run out of steam for the last 10mins.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 10, 2015, 06:39:34 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 10, 2015, 04:01:51 PM

Couldn't resist!

Armoy is grand, I can cope with the crowds we are getting
"We have 99 problems but a pitch ain't one"
lol 😂
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: gelvis on March 10, 2015, 09:47:32 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 09, 2015, 07:30:49 PM
He said sorry so let's drop it
mc Fadden wasn't playing on Sunday which was strange
If loughgeil had the best six forwards in the county I would ha e no problem with them starting
LG have been very organised at getting there forward space at club level
When they are going well it was nice to watch
Unfortunately county defenders are quicker thinking and usually have more pace and stronger
Different game all together
Ii think this is why Eddie struggled a bit with the saffron jersey on
You have to be able to contest and win 50/50 ball at county level or have a unit that can create the space with defenders delivering with pin point Accuracy to where he's running
A good corner back will be there before you anyway. You just won't open up defences as easy
The conditions where faster yesterday than v Limerick and in the second half we where behind the play big time
Young Clarke had a good game on hickey two weeks ago, but yesterday's conditions would have been a different story

That is the most out dated statement that keeps being thrown out around these parts.  There isnt a single County team worth their salt that stands by this anymore.  Even Kk have dropped the likes of Tommy Walsh for half backs (Kieran Joyce, Cillian Buckley) and midfielders (Lester Ryan, Richie Hogan) who are better at working the ball out and delivering balls to forwards that have a 70/30 chance of sticking.

Obviously not every single ball can be this and the 50/50 will sometimes be the only option.  Can anyone explain to me why for the last three years we have insisted on working the ball out of the half backs and midfield until we have a little space and then humping a ball with snow on it on top of Clarky/Pj/Conor McCann/Hamill?  Why do we stop working the ball at our own 65?  The forwards fight and try but more often than not the ball is straight back onto our half backs who have to work like hell and eventually run out of steam for the last 10mins.

Hard to know which part of this is the worst. Do you think Tommy Walsh is gone because he lobbed it down the field. He's gone because his legs are gone. Buckley and Joyce have some hurling to do before they get even near one the most decorated hurlers in history
Let's see how the kilkenny players your spouting about get on without him and JJ for the next ten years
I don't even know what you mean by working the ball out
Are your referring to  short passing whilst keeping possession to a man gets the ball that's in space and can make a better delivery or shoot
I think your watching to much soccer
Now can you name me one antrim player who can win possession in defence  and midfield and make room for himself to get fast low ball into a forward
We don't have a hogan most teams don't so lay it of  to a support player In space before you closed down
I was posting in relation to our forwards on Sunday. To suggest if we got the ball in faster with lower trajectory is going to yeild a better return is  speculating
That's still a 50/50 ball in my book. Is if Jackie tyrrell or paul murphy couldn't cope with that
Imm sick listening to this fast low chest height ball for the foward theory
A good corner back or full back will be out In front winning it anyway
Our forwards got some bad ball on Sunday but they good some good ones to with the same result
I would say if you ask a kilkenny back who they hate marking they say someone like bonner maher because it doesn't matter what way the ball comes in he's a handful
Maybe when Ryan leaves you can pitch for the manages position and we can Play like kilkenny

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

There's bound to be a youtube video on how to play like Kilkenny somewhere? :)

Not enough ex hurlers going back into their clubs to develop and improve the standards from low down across the board and maintain that desire to acheive up through senior IMO. Good enough is good enough for a lot of whingers until those who were supposedly good enough are found to be not good enough compared to the other counties. Should we really be as shocked as some people are making out?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera