All Ireland Senior Football Qualifiers 2012

Started by drici, June 12, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Change At Mallow on July 02, 2012, 02:08:55 PM
So a trip up to the home of Joe Dolan it is. Iv never been to Mullingar, finally I can say Iv had that pleasure.

I'm happy with it, an away draw against Westmeath is just what the doctor ordered, out into the unknown a bit and what will likely be a good test. Reminds me of the trip to Tullamore in 09, happy days.

Can guarantee the unknown as have no fecking idea what Westmeath team will show up, Flanagan referred to them as headless chickens today, up there with Bab's sheep in a heap comment, hopefully it has the same reaction.

Can't guarantee the good test, unfortunately.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Change At Mallow

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 02, 2012, 02:41:46 PM
Can guarantee the unknown as have no fecking idea what Westmeath team will show up, Flanagan referred to them as headless chickens today, up there with Bab's sheep in a head comment, hopefully it has the same reaction.

Well you'd never know, Im sure Westmeath will give it their all, and in this day in age any team on their day could squeeze the life out of you, but without trying to put you down, there is a massive difference in class which should see us edge this quite comfortably. Looking forward to having the few pints up there and a bit of craic anyway. 

Onlooker

Quote from: boro on July 02, 2012, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 02, 2012, 11:32:25 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2012, 09:07:32 AM
Tipperary might prefer to play the match in hurling format.
I'd give us a great of beating Wexford in this one.

Premier what's the story with Barry Grogan? Is he injured?
Barry Grogan went to the USA before the start of the Munster Championship.  Was a big loss for the Kerry game in Thurles.

boro

Quote from: Onlooker on July 02, 2012, 03:00:13 PM
Quote from: boro on July 02, 2012, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 02, 2012, 11:32:25 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2012, 09:07:32 AM
Tipperary might prefer to play the match in hurling format.
I'd give us a great of beating Wexford in this one.

Premier what's the story with Barry Grogan? Is he injured?
Barry Grogan went to the USA before the start of the Munster Championship.  Was a big loss for the Kerry game in Thurles.

Thanks, an excellent player, glad he wont be around from a Wexford perspective

Syferus

Great to see Michael Quinlivan coming through for Tipp, though, he was immense at minor last year and has class written all over him.

Cosmo Kramer

Thought it was a good draw, a least four if not five of those games should be close contests. Kerry v Westmeath is probably the last game you'd want televised, doubt it will be much of a match up. Roscommon v Tyrone sounded like the best bet for TV when it came out but then Cavan v Kildare came up and will almost certainly be the pick.

Although, if SJ is not involved (and I doubt he will be) there might not be much worth watching in it as Kildare will probably have a bit too much.

Elsewhere you'd expect wins for Longford and Tyrone after decent showings from their opponents for about an hour or so but the other four games are hard to call. Leitrim will give Wicklow a good rattle in Carrick and I don't think Galway will have it easy in Casement. The other two games are in toss a coin territory.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Mike Sheehy

So a trip up to the home of Joe Dolan it is. Iv never been to Mullingar, finally I can say Iv had that pleasure.

I'm happy with it, an away draw against Westmeath is just what the doctor ordered, out into the unknown a bit and what will likely be a good test. Reminds me of the trip to Tullamore in 09, happy days.

Can guarantee the unknown as have no fecking idea what Westmeath team will show up, Flanagan referred to them as headless chickens today, up there with Bab's sheep in a heap comment, hopefully it has the same reaction.

Sorry, but you are infringing on our cute hoor patent. Cease and desist !

drici

Saturday 14th July
Antrim v Galway
3-00pm   Casement Park

Leitrim v Wicklow
6-00pm   Carrick on Shannon

Roscommon v Tyrone
2-00pm   Dr Hyde Park

Longford v Limerick
7-00pm   Pearse Park

Tipperary v Wexford
5-00pm   Semple Stadium Thurles

Sunday 15th July
Cavan v Kildare
3-00pm   Breffni Park

Westmeath v Kerry
3-00pm   Cusack Park

Laois v Monaghan
3-00pm   Portlaoise

Extra Time if required in all games.

Syferus

So that means our game will be the live one, if any. Ye Tyronies can save yourselves trip now  ;D

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Not happy with the Kerry game being Sunday, don't know why it can't be Saturday night..it won't be on TV anyway. Maybe the Kerry co. board asked for Sunday...
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 03, 2012, 02:24:22 AM

Sorry, but you are infringing on our cute hoor patent. Cease and desist !

Only to have a cute hoor card to play. Anyway the Dubs seem to have robbed your patent on ye as well as the AI, fecking hoors.

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 03, 2012, 06:51:41 PM
Not happy with the Kerry game being Sunday, don't know why it can't be Saturday night..it won't be on TV anyway. Maybe the Kerry co. board asked for Sunday...

I'd say they did CT as they'll want to overnight the night before and wouldn't have wanted to travel up after work on the Fri and hang around all day Sat. Just my two bobs worth.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

omagh_gael

When are we likely to hear which game will be televised and on what station?

drici

Saturday 14th July
Roscommon v Tyrone
2-00pm   Dr Hyde Park

Longford v Limerick
2-00pm   Pearse Park

Antrim v Galway
3-00pm   Casement Park

Tipperary v Wexford
3-00pm   Semple Stadium Thurles

Leitrim v Wicklow
6-00pm   Carrick on Shannon

Sunday 15th July
Cavan v Kildare
3-00pm   Breffni Park

Westmeath v Kerry
3-00pm   Cusack Park

Laois v Monaghan
3-00pm   Portlaoise

Extra Time if required in all games.

babarino

Antrim v Galway

Leitrim v Wicklow

Westmeath v Kerry

Roscommon v Tyrone

Longford v Limerick

Cavan v Kildare

Laois v Monaghan

Tipperary v Wexford

Not sure how sharp Westmeath are at the moment but I think they're capable of causing a big upset in Mullingar. They'd have 31 counties behind them, while Roscommon should make maxiumum use of home advantage against the Tyronies. Kildare have far too much to go down to Cavan, who are a work in progress. The best Cavan can hope for is that this game brings on a few of their younger players and they put up a good challenge. Monaghan will be keen to make sure last year's early exit to Offaly is history, but the away record has been very poor of late. It should be one of the closer games of the weekend.

orangeman

Quote from: babarino on July 10, 2012, 09:53:28 PM

Antrim v Galway

Leitrim v Wicklow

Westmeath v Kerry

Roscommon v Tyrone

Longford v Limerick

Cavan v Kildare

Laois v Monaghan

Tipperary v Wexford

Not sure how sharp Westmeath are at the moment but I think they're capable of causing a big upset in Mullingar. They'd have 31 counties behind them, while Roscommon should make maxiumum use of home advantage against the Tyronies. Kildare have far too much to go down to Cavan, who are a work in progress. The best Cavan can hope for is that this game brings on a few of their younger players and they put up a good challenge. Monaghan will be keen to make sure last year's early exit to Offaly is history, but the away record has been very poor of late. It should be one of the closer games of the weekend.

Good luck with those predictions !