All Ireland Senior Football Qualifiers 2012

Started by drici, June 12, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2012, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2012, 03:41:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2012, 03:36:01 PM
Curmudgeonly at best. Ireland is far from a big place and a few minutes there and back is little cost for alot more action. If people really are worried about fuel then turn on the wireless and be done with it, everyone else will enjoy the day's action just fine.

Great idea, lets disenfranchise your counties supporters, not all of whom have massive amounts of disposal income just so the neutral can have a great day out, let's see how far that gets you.

If €10 and a few miles disfranchise any supporter then their support is damn well in question to begin with.

And what if you have a family of 4? You have to look at the bigger picture, moving the game to Thurles would be probably cost a family of 4 from Limerick or Clare an additional €40 between tickets and fuel.

Plenty of juvenile/OAP discounts to avail of at grounds and on public transport if you want to be frugal.

And what if you're not the Brady Bunch? It's just circular logic - the reality is more people means it costs more to do anything. €25 for one top level match isn't even exoperant, let alone for three.

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2012, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2012, 03:41:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2012, 03:36:01 PM
Curmudgeonly at best. Ireland is far from a big place and a few minutes there and back is little cost for alot more action. If people really are worried about fuel then turn on the wireless and be done with it, everyone else will enjoy the day's action just fine.

Great idea, lets disenfranchise your counties supporters, not all of whom have massive amounts of disposal income just so the neutral can have a great day out, let's see how far that gets you.

If €10 and a few miles disfranchise any supporter then their support is damn well in question to begin with.

And what if you have a family of 4? You have to look at the bigger picture, moving the game to Thurles would be probably cost a family of 4 from Limerick or Clare an additional €40 between tickets and fuel.

Dinny ,
Syf is 10 and his mammy pays all his bills  - plus of course he gets in free to the Qualifiers.  ;D

As one cynic of my acquaintance put it - Easy known those who make GAA fixtures never have to pay in and probably get expenses and  free dinner if they have to go to any of the games they fix.
I wonder how many lads will be wandering around inside the wire in the Hyde on Sunday wearing Connacht Blazers and fulfilling no purpose whatsoever - except maybe the lad who talks to the ref before the throw in . Does he tell him who they want to win ( 1998)  I wonder  :-X
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omagh_gael

Ex-operant - A person who used to be a member of the Skinnerian conditioning crowd.

AQMP

Quote from: Hardy on July 11, 2012, 04:41:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
exoperant

What?

Exoperant...tis a common word down our way, Dr Johnson as is contrafibularities. 

While I am glad to be reminded of the joy that was Blackadder, I rather think he/she means "exorbitant"?

Hardy

I am anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have misunderstood his meaning.

Syferus

Onlooker

I agree with those who have criticised the staging of the triple header in Thurles.  I will be there in time to see the Tipp/Wexford football game and will wait for the Cork/Wexford hurling match.  I don't fancy being in Semple Stadium from 2.45 to 8.30 or thereabouts.  Nearly 6 hours in Semple Stadium is more than a bit over the top, especially with the Tipp minors and seniors playing in Pairc ui Caoimh on Sunday.   The Limerick/Clare game would be in Limerick or Ennis if common sense was used by the fixture makers.

theticklemister

There'll be enough fecking crying in the Winter months when there is no football or hurling to watch at all.

Here we have 3 knockout games which will be of great intensity to enjoy, so go and enjoy it. Look at last week 35 euro for a Munster final in which we all knew the winners before a ball was thrown.......... and now we have 3 knockout games for 25 euro.

Croí na hÉireann

Crazy goings on in Westmeath. James Dolan is suspended for the Kerry match after being shown a red card by Barry Kelly (yes, the hurling referee ) after an underage Garrycastle match for abuse. The Tyrrellspass players went playing a club league match last night instead of going training with the county. When management heard this they sent the Shamrocks players down to play but the match had already started and they never came on.  Meanwhile back at county training the rest who had forsaken their club matches made the best of the reduced numbers. Hard to know who to be more angry with, probably the county board for fixing club games 5 days before county championship, makes Kildare's look professional.

To compound matters we have Tommy Carr saying "We struggled to get the best fellas out with the county and that always happens the weaker counties. The good counties never struggle to get them because the best players want to be out there," You struggled to get them out because they won't waste their time with a poor setup. He's calling for change in the county, I'd start with him.

Jesus Wept.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

macdanger2

Antrim v Galway

Leitrim v Wicklow AET

Westmeath v Kerry

Roscommon v Tyrone

Longford v Limerick

Cavan v Kildare

Laois v Monaghan

Tipperary v Wexford

Celt_Man

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 12, 2012, 12:53:23 AM
Crazy goings on in Westmeath. James Dolan is suspended for the Kerry match after being shown a red card by Barry Kelly (yes, the hurling referee ) after an underage Garrycastle match for abuse. The Tyrrellspass players went playing a club league match last night instead of going training with the county. When management heard this they sent the Shamrocks players down to play but the match had already started and they never came on.  Meanwhile back at county training the rest who had forsaken their club matches made the best of the reduced numbers. Hard to know who to be more angry with, probably the county board for fixing club games 5 days before county championship, makes Kildare's look professional.

To compound matters we have Tommy Carr saying "We struggled to get the best fellas out with the county and that always happens the weaker counties. The good counties never struggle to get them because the best players want to be out there," You struggled to get them out because they won't waste their time with a poor setup. He's calling for change in the county, I'd start with him.

Jesus Wept.

Holy jaysus... now that is an abortion of an effort
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Captain Obvious

Antrim v Galway

Leitrim v Wicklow

Westmeath v Kerry

Roscommon v Tyrone

Longford v Limerick

Cavan v Kildare

Laois v Monaghan

Tipperary v Wexford

One home win seven away wins.

drici

The draws for the Quarter Finals of the GAA Hurling Championship and for Rounds 3 and 4 of the Football Qualifiers will be made on Morning Ireland this Monday morning.

The Hurling draw will be made at 7-30am as Hurling people tend to get out of bed earlier followed by the Football draws which take place at 8-30am. Both will be available on RTÉ Radio 1 on all platforms and the draws will also be streamed live via www.rte.ie

Hurling Quarter Final Draw
This will see one of the beaten Provincial finalists (Kilkenny and the loser of the Waterford v Tipperary Munster Final) being drawn to play against a Phase III Winner (i.e. the winners of this weekend's Limerick v Clare and Cork v Wexford games)

The draw is subject to the avoidance of Repeat Pairings, where feasible.

Potential pairings that have already happened and cannot happen again are:

Waterford v Clare: Tipperary v Cork: Tipperary v Limerick

Football Qualifier Draws

Round 3 and Round 4

The Round 3 draw will see the eight winners from this weekend's Round 2 games drawn to play against each other in the four Round 3 ties, which are due to take place on Saturday, July 21st. The first team drawn in each tie are entitled to home advantage.The teams involved will be the winners of Wicklow/Leitrim, Galway/Antrim, Tyrone/Roscommon, Monaghan/Laois, Wexford/Tipperary, Kildare/Cavan, Longford/Limerick and Kerry/Westmeath.

The 4th round draw will pair the winners of each of the 3rd Round games (above) against one of the beaten Provincial Finalists (Clare,  Sligo/Mayo, Down/Donegal, Dublin/Meath). The 4th Round games are scheduled to take place on the weekend of 28th July.

Repeat pairings can happen in the football draw.

All of a Sludden

Are none of the qualifier games on TV this weekend?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.