Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 10:28:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2021, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 20, 2021, 07:09:51 PM
They will making an attempt for Zidane according to Palmeri.

Seen that alright. I do feel for Ole, he looked broken today in the post match interview.

I don't feel sorry for him myself. I lost faith in Ole after they lost the Europa League final, set up United poorly. He decided to keep Lingard and doesn't play him, barely played Van De Beek when he paid over 40 million.

Spent 80 million on Harry Maguire when there was probaly better players in Europe for half the money.

Lingard ridiculous wages would be one reason why it was difficult to get rid of him. It's Woodward that does the spending his buddy Matt Judge does the negotiations on transfers fees and contracts. Biggest fault on Maguire by Solskjaer was giving him the captains armband and refusing to drop him this season.

Lack of game time for De Beek gives a indication that Ole wasn't in favour of that signing or didn't impress enough whenever he played.

Not dealing with Pogba who will likely go for free and not signing a good quality defensive midfielder was pure incompetence from the board.

tiempo

Fancy a wee protest at the next game, maybe inspire a cancellation if anyone wants to join

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/20/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-brink-man-utd-sack-david-de-gea-admits/

The former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is poised to take temporary charge of the club's Champions League tie against Villarreal on Tuesday as the curtain comes down on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign following a crushing 4-1 defeat at Watford.

Telegraph Sport understands that Fletcher, 37, who was installed as the club's technical director in March following a stint on the academy and first team coaching staff will be the interim manager when Solskjaer is relieved of his duties in the next 48 hours.

United have taken just four points from the last available 21 in the Premier League and are now in a battle to finish in the top four. Many of the candidates United have considered previously are currently in jobs. One available option is Zinedine Zidane, winner of three Champions Leagues with Real Madrid between 2016 and 2018 and currently out of work. There is admiration for the Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino, Brendan Rodgers of Leicester and Ajax's Erik ten Hag.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on November 21, 2021, 05:16:20 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/20/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-brink-man-utd-sack-david-de-gea-admits/

The former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is poised to take temporary charge of the club's Champions League tie against Villarreal on Tuesday as the curtain comes down on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign following a crushing 4-1 defeat at Watford.

Telegraph Sport understands that Fletcher, 37, who was installed as the club's technical director in March following a stint on the academy and first team coaching staff will be the interim manager when Solskjaer is relieved of his duties in the next 48 hours.

United have taken just four points from the last available 21 in the Premier League and are now in a battle to finish in the top four. Many of the candidates United have considered previously are currently in jobs. One available option is Zinedine Zidane, winner of three Champions Leagues with Real Madrid between 2016 and 2018 and currently out of work. There is admiration for the Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino, Brendan Rodgers of Leicester and Ajax's Erik ten Hag.

Don't worry, the board will fcuk up this appointment too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

They could have gone for Conte but they took their time.
They need to change the paradigm. All of the managers since Fergie have failed. The fans have been very patient.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 20, 2021, 11:06:44 PM

Seen that alright. I do feel for Ole, he looked broken today in the post match interview.

I don't feel sorry for him myself. I lost faith in Ole after they lost the Europa League final, set up United poorly. He decided to keep Lingard and doesn't play him, barely played Van De Beek when he paid over 40 million.

Spent 80 million on Harry Maguire when there was probaly better players in Europe for half the money.

Lingard ridiculous wages would be one reason why it was difficult to get rid of him. It's Woodward that does the spending his buddy Matt Judge does the negotiations on transfers fees and contracts. Biggest fault on Maguire by Solskjaer was giving him the captains armband and refusing to drop him this season.

Lack of game time for De Beek gives a indication that Ole wasn't in favour of that signing or didn't impress enough whenever he played.

Not dealing with Pogba who will likely go for free and not signing a good quality defensive midfielder was pure incompetence from the board.

It's said Ole wanted to keep Lingaed after his performances at West Ham. West Ham would probaly have paid up but United weren't prepared to sell in the summer

Ole would still havehad a role in signing Maguire.

He was too loyal to certain players. Mata another kept on for the sake of it and just filling a Squad number. A good player but should have been gone a while

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on November 21, 2021, 06:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 20, 2021, 10:36:14 PM
Gone.
That's sad news to wake up to.
I'm astonished they gave him so long in the job when it was obvious very early on that he wasn't good enough. Everyone could see that apart from Man United fans though.
A shame that the fun is over.

I don't think that was the case. As I said before, he did well initially, and should have been kept until the end of the season, patted on the back for a reasonably good job well done. He was never the right man. It was always going to come to this. It was just  a matter of when.

Boycey

Best of luck Ole...  Still a legend

RedHand88

Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2021, 10:36:33 AM
Best of luck Ole...  Still a legend

I never understood this thinking from United fans. From what I mind he was a sub who scored that one big goal.

He was the Origi of the late 90s.

Square Ball

Interesting that Carrick has been appointed interim manager to the end of the season.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

quit yo jibbajabba

Think its Carrick while they look for an interim manager...

Still strange one unless theyre waiting for someone to become available end of the season.

If Carrick does well therell be some craic....

Hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 20, 2021, 11:06:44 PM

Ole had no say in any of the signings. His job regarding in and outs was just to nod at the appropriate time. He was of course in charge of picking the team, etc.

A lot of criticism on social media of Carrick and some lad called McKenna. I think most of the fans want the lot gone and a clean slate for whoever the new manager is.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 21, 2021, 10:52:18 AM

Still strange one unless theyre waiting for someone to become available end of the season.

Can't see him doing well myself. Sure isn't he part of the current set up. Said earlier today Utd's board would fcuk it up and this interim until they get an interim doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Saffrongael

Yeah unless Carrick is a hidden gem but he is part of OGS regime and they were one of the worst coaches "big" teams I have seen in a while.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 21, 2021, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 21, 2021, 10:52:18 AM

Can't see him doing well myself. Sure isn't he part of the current set up. Said earlier today Utd's board would fcuk it up and this interim until they get an interim doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.

Agree. But if he did ok it could be another Ole scenario....