The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Silky on December 09, 2009, 03:40:20 PM
All i was saying is that I'm not at all concerned about tonights game. I'd be happy with 0-0 if we avoid injuries and I wouldn't risk anyone who isn't 100% fit. If fact I wouldn't risk any of the 1st team. We cant afford any more injuries.

It was your overaction to my post which was clearly (well to me anyway) tongue in cheek/embaressment hence the  :-[, that i replied for.

Still , I disagree slightly. While it is no harm to rest anyone who has played a lot recently, it is important to get a win and try and build some momentum. To that extent, I'd play players on the firnges with some youth players for experience. Something like:

Diego
Kelly The Greek Skrtel Dossena
El Zhar Aquaman Lucas Riera
Pacheo Ngog

Subs to be used: Spearing for Aquaman 60mins, Draby for Sktrel (push kelly CH) 70 mins Keep the other one free, may Torres to get a feel of ball for 15/20 mins at end.

Lecale2

It's raining at Anfield tonight. Aquaman should feel at home on his debut.

Minus15

Jesus Dossena has lost some weight! Looks a bit like a proper footballer now.

Also, Jurgen Klinsmann is in the studio for Sky Sports. Are they at Anfield though?

Archie Mitchell

Another late goal. Phil Thompsons face on Gillette Soccer Special was priceless.

Also, not seeded now for the Europa League, how did they work that out?

Carmen Stateside

Missed the game myself how did Aqualaini get on? Whats the chances of him starting against the gunners?

EC Unique

Phil Thompson really is the flogging boy on Skysports. The rest of the panel always wind him up about Liverpool and take the piss out of him, sniggering at each other. He just does not have the intelligence to be there.

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on December 10, 2009, 09:53:14 AM
Phil Thompson really is the flogging boy on Skysports. The rest of the panel always wind him up about Liverpool and take the piss out of him, sniggering at each other. He just does not have the is too intelligence to be there.

Fixed that for you! Merson, Nicholas, Le Tisser etc etc etc are all clowns. Nothing to say and have gone from playing the game to rehab to sitting in a studio trying to make themselves sound important and knowledgeable. At least Thommo has done something in the game as a player and in mgt, he is bias (as you'd expect) but he always calls it fair and calls a spade a spade.

Your post says it all "sniggering at each other", are they at primary school and discussing football on live tv FFS

Bensars

With Liverpool   now unseeded for the Europa , can the season get any worse ?

bingobus

Quote from: Bensars on December 10, 2009, 10:02:43 AM
With Liverpool   now unseeded for the Europa , can the season get any worse ?

Of course it can, don't even try and speculate now worse it can get.

Minder

Phil Thompson really is the flogging boy on Skysports. The rest of the panel always wind him up about Liverpool and take the piss out of him, sniggering at each other. He just does not have the intelligence to be there.

EC I think you have outdone yourself here, so Le Tissier, Charlie Nic and Paul Merson are "intelligent" ? Paul Merson can hardly string together a coherent sentence FFS.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on December 10, 2009, 10:28:46 AM

EC I think you have outdone yourself here, so Le Tissier, Charlie Nic and Paul Merson are "intelligent" ? Paul Merson can hardly string together a coherent sentence FFS.

So what does it say about good old 'Thommo' that these other clowns can take the hand out of him?

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on December 10, 2009, 10:41:47 AM

So what does it say about good old 'Thommo' that these other clowns can take the hand out of him?

And how exactly do they do that? Liverpool get beat and they laugh at him, it's all part of the panto of that moronic show. Maybe they should have a "medals on the table" section to see how it goes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on December 10, 2009, 10:41:47 AM

They hardly take the hand out of him, whatever that means  ::) If Thommo was sitting in the room on his own and the way liverpool are playing at the minute his reactions and emotions would be the same. Its not smart or clever to rib someone when they are down over the result of a match. Thommo has got them back over the years, all he has to do is replay his action in the studio in Istanbul.

EC Unique

Are you lot seriously telling me you don't cringe sometimes when you hear what he comes out with?