Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 12, 2007, 03:02:20 PM
Neither could be classed as strikers could they?

Maybe the likes of a loan signing...Adriano anyone?

Seems to being touted  at the minute, Shitty were one of a number of clubs whe are being linked with him, but would he fit in? would he not be more of a target man as opposed to the pacey one we need to fit into our style of play.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

magpie seanie

I don't rate Adriano that highly and couldn't see United going for him. A loan deal is the most likely.

J70

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on November 12, 2007, 02:58:40 PM
I think someone like McFadden (Everton) or Simon Davies would be an ideal buy for cover, they are good on the ball and have been proven to be good team players. Any big named players will be looking regular 1st team football which with Tevez, Rooney & Saha will be difficult to get.

Why would someone like those pair go to United where they'd obviously only play when the likes of Rooney or Saha or Teves were unavailable? Its one thing when a young player who might have a shot at becoming first choice does it, even if only to benefit from the top class coaching, but those lads are established Premiership and international players, albeit probably not of a sufficient quality to become established first choice players at an elite club. Its like Dudek staying at Liverpool last year or now moving onto Real Madrid, or that Polish keeper that United have - I don't really see how playing second fiddle would help their careers.

slow corner back

Utd should sign Martins from Newcastle, he has pace and power and would fit right in. Currently warming the bench at St James, could be available in January.

Balboa

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 12, 2007, 03:02:20 PM
Neither could be classed as strikers could they?

Maybe the likes of a loan signing...Adriano anyone?

Adriano had a big problem with the booze last year when he wasnt playing for Inter so im not sure having Fergie as a manager would help him in that regard  :D

Over the Bar

QuoteOwen should have been bought in the summer when the opportunity was there.

So he can join Saha in the treatment room for 3/4 of the season?  No thanks.  One sick note is enough.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: DMarsden on November 14, 2007, 10:54:34 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_2881288,00.html

your link has an FTP prefix, you need to edit it

Im hearing further rumours that Owen Hargreaves will be unavailable for England duty, due to a knee injury, shucks
Its Grim up North

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: An Fear Rua on November 14, 2007, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: DMarsden on November 14, 2007, 10:54:34 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_2881288,00.html

your link has an FTP prefix, you need to edit it

Im hearing further rumours that Owen Hargreaves will be unavailable for England duty, due to a knee injury, shucks

There's no point in him playing in meaningless matches for England wehn he can rest his knee up. Tendonitis is very dangerous...if it doesn't settle, an op is needed & 6 months recovery!! - Take note Stpehn O'Neill!

Goats Do Shave

It's funny when Sir Alex made the comments about the limit on foreign nationals within permiership clubs, Balboa was straight in with the "Mouth" jabs.

Nothing has been said since Stevie Coppell, Paul Parker, or Stevie G has backed the proposals...  ::)

AZOffaly

Lads, I'm not on a windup here, genuinely curious.

Why do you say 'Sir Alex' when talking about Ferguson? I've never used the British honourary title 'Sir' when talking about anybody, in fact I don't even know many of them. I don't say 'Sir' Cliff Richard, or 'Sir' Johnny Wilkinson.

Do ye use 'Sir' for all British knights you know of, or do you just use it with Fergie to show your deep respect of him?

As I said, genuinely curious here, and I know its a mile off topic.

Balboa

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 15, 2007, 11:03:00 AM
It's funny when Sir Alex made the comments about the limit on foreign nationals within permiership clubs, Balboa was straight in with the "Mouth" jabs.

Nothing has been said since Stevie Coppell, Paul Parker, or Stevie G has backed the proposals...  ::)

I am not sure about you but i dont need someone else to tell me how to form an opinion, so because "Stevie Me" thinks there should be a limit i should concur? I stand by everything i said previously, i have no interest in the wellbeing of the English national squad, and lets not kid ourselves, neither does Fergie. I want to see the best players playing for Liverpool and i dont give a flying fcuk what corner of the planet they have come from.With the money available to the top teams do you think the fans are going to be picketing outside Anfield/Old Trafford/Emirates/Stamford Bridge to ensure the board sign the best English player? Not likely, when a team has 325 million to spend they will be looking for the top available player on the planet. Rant over.

Goats Do Shave

Not really my point Balboa... is Stevie G now a mouth too?

On the "Sir" question... obviously I have a lot of respect for the man, but I think it's more to do with listening to commentators & pundits on Match Of The Day, that made me call him Sir Alex rather than me making a consious decision.

Balboa

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 15, 2007, 11:15:05 AM
Not really my point Balboa... is Stevie G now a mouth too?

On the "Sir" question... obviously I have a lot of respect for the man, but I think it's more to do with listening to commentators & pundits on Match Of The Day, that made me call him Sir Alex rather than me making a consious decision.

I think Gerrard has probably realised that the English national team is suffering due to the amount of foreigners,and it is also a clever ploy to deflect some of the criticism from the "Golden Generation", if it wasnt for those pesky foreigners we would have won another 2 World Cups by now. I also think there is a difference in an England player commenting on it & a foreign manager who has been protecting his and his clubs interests, ie signing best players irrespective of nationality for 20 years.I think whatever comes out of Gerrards mouth is heavily screened by his agent.