The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool have knocked nearly half a million of the weekly wage bill this Summer and they can't afford to shell out an extra 2 million to buy a player who scored 17 league goals from midfield last season.

Really?

Bingo

Absolute farce that, what was going on we'll never know. Everyone expected incoming signings, even the tv channel had a 4 hour live show and they ended up with egg on their face, looking embarrassed on air trying to fill time.

Rodgers must be fuming. No way would Carroll have been let go without without promse of someone in. Some on twitter saying that it was only very late on that his budget included wages, which has raised its head before.

We need Suarez and borini fit to January at least. Long few months ahead.

laoislad

Appartanly Fulham wanted more off Liverpool for Dempsey than the fee they agreed with Villa and the fee Spurs ended up paying.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Carmen Stateside

It was always about getting wages down.  Disappointed myself nothing happened regarding a striker, just last week Henry and co wiped $250 million of the Red Sox payroll in a big trade with the Dodgers. 

Young Morgan is probably going to see a little more action now,  Thursday night I thought he played well, really liked the way he seemed to get into great positions in the box, if Suarez and Gerrard had of lifted the head on a few occasions the wee man could have had a couple of tap ins.  Anyway, The Gooners arrive tomorrow to Anfield having not had the greatest of starts either, would love Sahin to score the winner against them tomorrow, actually really looking forward to seeing him and Allen play together.

Hashtag

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2012, 09:02:37 AM
Appartanly Fulham wanted more off Liverpool for Dempsey than the fee they agreed with Villa and the fee Spurs ended up paying.

I think this is fair enough. Fulham accused Liverpool of tapping up the player a few weeks back. If they could sell him elsewhere they would. I can't see there being too many dealings with Liverpool and Fulham in the future.

Hound

Not pushed on Dempsey particularly, and happy to get Sahin, Allen and Borini in. And I can understand the club not spending money it doesn't have. I would have been reasonably happy overall with all the summer ins and outs -except for the utterly perplexing move of letting Carroll go on loan and not getting a striker in.

Maybe there is some truth in the rumour that Sturridge was coming in, but it fell through when Chelsea failed to sign a replacement as was expected. But it was utterly idiotic of the club to sign off on the Carroll deal prior to having a guarantee of someone coming in.

Carroll playing well so far in his first 20 minutes for the Hammers. Played a part in Nolans goal and should have had a penalty

Tony Baloney

Carroll proving a point today. Absolutely battering Fulham's defence according to reports.

Carmen Stateside

Big Sams game Is perfect for him, every ball is being put on his head and West Ham are getting players around him. 

laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 01, 2012, 01:56:19 PM
Big Sams game Is perfect for him, every ball is being put on his head and West Ham are getting players around him.
Exactly and that's why Carroll will be a big success at West Ham.
Hopefully he will be such a success they want to pay big money to buy him outright.

Should never have been loaned out now in hindsight but fingers crossed Liverpool can get through the next 4 months injury free and hopefully buy a striker in the January sales.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Forever Green

I have it on good information that Michael Owen and Emile Heskey will be signed by Liverpool this weekend

LOL

LOL

heganboy

carroll scored one and created one and is creating havoc.
on the other hand he doesnt fit with the BR style of play and the entire team would have to adapt to him. In the long run, better to have him elsewhere.

No one left anfield that was wanted there, thats a good thing, that no one came in though, difficult to see the logic there
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

All of a Sludden

Quote from: heganboy on September 01, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Carroll didn't score, he also went off injured early in the second half.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Capt Pat

Quote from: heganboy on September 01, 2012, 02:38:01 PM
on the other hand he doesnt fit with the BR style of play and the entire team would have to adapt to him. In the long run, better to have him elsewhere.

No one left anfield that was wanted there, thats a good thing, that no one came in though, difficult to see the logic there

If Carroll makes it big in London we will get our 35 million back next year so that is good news.

Kid Twist

Correct if I'm wrong but was Carroll not next to useless last year. It is amazing how one goal for England can get you onside with the media. Good piece of business for liverpool and considering carroll's return on the pitch a youngster won't do much worse if Suarez gets injured

Bensars

Purely as a business FSG had to balance books. When you look at the accumulated wages alone on those who have exited it was absolute madness to invest anywhere near the levels they had previously done so.

Some of you talk about bringing in a striker in Jan , and particularly someone will get 20 goals a season. Firstly any striker worth their salt will not be on the market in jan, and if you do get a striker it will probably only be a b grade short stop. What will be of more concern will the ransom demanded for anyone of quality, especially given the current predicament of Liverpool.

Also Andy Carroll was 35 million and 18 months @ 80k a week. Can't see that ever being recouped