Crokes call for segregation!!!

Started by Give and Go, January 26, 2012, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:08:49 AM
I don't know where it is endemic. All I said was it is not endemic in Kerry. I'm explaining why Dromid were 'caught on the hop' if they experienced what they said they experienced. I am not having a dig at Tyrone or anywhere else. I would say that I experienced more off the ball stuff in Offaly, and in my opinion there is more bad blood at games in other counties that I have attended, (none in Ulster, relax) than I've seen in Kerry.

Caught on the hop? Dromid started the whole disgraceful scenes off. Derrytresk never should have let it get out of hand, but don't be making out that Dromid were innocent lambs in the headlights.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2012, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 26, 2012, 11:22:03 AM
I hope cross give them the hiding they deserve.  Disgrace.  Everyone at Dr Crokes should be ashamed
+ 1

What a stroke to pull.

The more I read that Crokes statement, the more I am amazed. What were they thinking? Eejits. And if they actually believe it, then I feel sorry for them.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ziggysego on January 26, 2012, 11:25:17 AM
I don't know where it is endemic. All I said was it is not endemic in Kerry. I'm explaining why Dromid were 'caught on the hop' if they experienced what they said they experienced. I am not having a dig at Tyrone or anywhere else. I would say that I experienced more off the ball stuff in Offaly, and in my opinion there is more bad blood at games in other counties that I have attended, (none in Ulster, relax) than I've seen in Kerry.

Caught on the hop? Dromid started the whole disgraceful scenes off. Derrytresk never should have let it get out of hand, but don't be making out that Dromid were innocent lambs in the headlights.

I'm not talking about the row alone. And please note I said " if they experienced what they said they experienced."

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:21:56 AM
Quote from: cornafean on January 26, 2012, 11:20:40 AM
Quote from: Give and Go on January 26, 2012, 11:01:06 AM
Bad enough the Club doing it but the County Chairman rowing in too and volunteering to assist an investigation!

He can hardly talk, as he was the guy who ended up on his arse in front of the tunnel at half time in the 2008 All Ireland Final after 'bumping' into a member of the Tyrone party.

Is it the same guy?

Same guy.

AZOffaly

brokencrossbar1

AZ, I know you have more experience of Kerry football than I have but my first experience of playing against them began with me ending on the flat of my back seeing tweetie birds after getting a Judas thump after 2 minutes in an AI semi final.  I took it and gave it back with interest, as is my right :D, and that was 15 years ago.  During the same game a Kerry AI winning captain, who didn't start the final, pulled and hauled Oisin McConvilles jersey till he ripped it and he cleaned him out on at least 2 occassions.  They have been doing it for years but like I said to you yesterday one mans cynical is another mans cute hoorism and thats what they have played on over the years and by starting each sentence with Yerra in a nice Kerry lilt it endears them to a lot of people.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 26, 2012, 11:31:19 AM
AZ, I know you have more experience of Kerry football than I have but my first experience of playing against them began with me ending on the flat of my back seeing tweetie birds after getting a Judas thump after 2 minutes in an AI semi final.  I took it and gave it back with interest, as is my right :D, and that was 15 years ago.  During the same game a Kerry AI winning captain, who didn't start the final, pulled and hauled Oisin McConvilles jersey till he ripped it and he cleaned him out on at least 2 occassions.  They have been doing it for years but like I said to you yesterday one mans cynical is another mans cute hoorism and thats what they have played on over the years and by starting each sentence with Yerra in a nice Kerry lilt it endears them to a lot of people.

Yeah, but you deserved it, 'elbows'.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:26:18 AM

I'm not talking about the row alone. And please note I said " if they experienced what they said they experienced."

So, you are implying that Derrytresk are in some way used to this sort of behaviour and therefore are more experienced in dealing with the aftermath. But because Dromid were completely unaware that this sort of thing happened then they were "caught on the hop" and therefore reacted by running to the media. Have i now picked up the thread of your argument correctly?
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 11:33:35 AM

So, you are implying that Derrytresk are in some way used to this sort of behaviour and therefore are more experienced in dealing with the aftermath. But because Dromid were completely unaware that this sort of thing happened then they were "caught on the hop" and therefore reacted by running to the media. Have i now picked up the thread of your argument correctly?

What?? Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I'm trying to explain Dromid's reaction (wrong and all as it is IMO) to SUNDAY. I've no idea about what Derrytresk are used to. Dromid said they received some unacceptable behaviour on Sunday, and we've all seen the Derrytresk subs jump the wall in the row. Now, is that something that they do regularly? Not a clue. Is it something Dromid have faced regularly? No. Did it surprise them? Yes.

That's all I'm saying. Why do you think I'm saying anything about Tyrone? I certainly think Derrytresk were more in the wrong on Sunday, but the CCCC will clear that up for us I suppose. I might be wrong. By the way, if I wanted to 'imply' anything, I'd say it outright. Not everything is a shot at Tyrone you know.

Sure when I get tired of winding them up about 1982 in Kerry, I switch to 'Come on Tyrone, Come on Tyrone' etc. I'm not a Tyrone hater :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:33:25 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 26, 2012, 11:31:19 AM

Yeah, but you deserved it, 'elbows'.

Not too many elebows in 2 minutes!!!

ballinaman

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2012, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 26, 2012, 11:22:03 AM
I hope cross give them the hiding they deserve.  Disgrace.  Everyone at Dr Crokes should be ashamed
+ 1

What a stroke to pull.
Aye, hope they destroy them now. Crokes just went from the most unpopular club in Kerry to possibly the most in Ireland

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2012, 11:41:07 AM
Derrytresk subs have just released a statement:

"We were surprised when we saw someone hit our clipboard man. We are not used to this and this may help explain our reaction, which we admit was wrong."

Possibly.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 11:33:35 AM

What?? Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I'm trying to explain Dromid's reaction (wrong and all as it is IMO) to SUNDAY. I've no idea about what Derrytresk are used to. Dromid said they received some unacceptable behaviour on Sunday, and we've all seen the Derrytresk subs jump the wall in the row. Now, is that something that they do regularly? Not a clue. Is it something Dromid have faced regularly? No. Did it surprise them? Yes.

That's all I'm saying. Why do you think I'm saying anything about Tyrone? I certainly think Derrytresk were more in the wrong on Sunday, but the CCCC will clear that up for us I suppose. I might be wrong.

To be fair - with the context of the thread and use of the word "endemic" in comparison to Kerry football, i think it would not be a completely unfair assumption to make that you were talking about Tyrone or even Ulster football.  Ok, so the argument is that you dont know what happens in other counties but you know that whatever happens it is worse than it is in Kerry.
That was never a square ball!!

cornafean

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2012, 11:26:45 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:21:56 AM
Quote from: cornafean on January 26, 2012, 11:20:40 AM
Quote from: Give and Go on January 26, 2012, 11:01:06 AM
Bad enough the Club doing it but the County Chairman rowing in too and volunteering to assist an investigation!

He can hardly talk, as he was the guy who ended up on his arse in front of the tunnel at half time in the 2008 All Ireland Final after 'bumping' into a member of the Tyrone party.

Is it the same guy?

Same guy.
And a Crokes man as well.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Give and Go

Ah now! Thats not true. Clearly the Derrytresk mentor 'interfered' with the Dromid player who retaliated.

Look the bottom line on this is that Kerry are trying to be too cute, using the media to colour any investigations and dare i say it attempting to have their opponents thrown out and t=be reinstated themselves!! That isn't on!
Followed up by Crokes deliberate attempt to influence match officials in advance of their game....
No sorry but these actions diminish Kerry football in the eyes of many neutrals.....