Crokes call for segregation!!!

Started by Give and Go, January 26, 2012, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2012, 12:51:13 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 26, 2012, 12:48:54 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on January 26, 2012, 12:42:30 PM
Where do Crokes propose for the neutrals to sit in this game? If one has a northern twang will they have to sit with the Armagh wans?

What about if there is a hint of the odour of diesel about you?

Special section for contaminated fans like that.

Smell or no smell the feckers will take every euro that is handed over, no matter where it has come from ;)

sheamy

Quote from: shezam on January 26, 2012, 12:52:26 PM
They are backtracking now;

QuoteDr Crokes say they have not called for segregation of supporters at their All Ireland club semi final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

Club Chairman Vincent Casey told this morning's Irish Examiner; "We are looking for a block of tickets for our supporters so they can sit together in a particular area of the stand and therefore both sets of supporters can cheer on their team, without interfering or upsetting each other".

However the club released the following statement a short time ago.

Statement from Dr. Crokes

Regarding the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final Dr. Crokes Club wish to clarify misinformation  that appeared in the media this morning regarding that we have requested "segregation of supporters" at the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

What the club has requested is an allotment of tickets in a particular section of the stand where juvenile members and their families can sit together as many families had requested this after our Munster Final win.

We've brought juvenile members to all our games this year and they have been together for the games. However we believe that there will be a large attendance at the game in Portloise and hence our reason for looking for an area where these can be accommodated together. All other interpretation of the clubs requests are a misinterpretation of the facts and the Club is in no way calling for segregation of supporters.

We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday.

Pathetic attempt to backtrack...they look worse now.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteDr Crokes say they have not called for segregation of supporters at their All Ireland club semi final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

Club Chairman Vincent Casey told this morning's Irish Examiner; "We are looking for a block of tickets for our supporters so they can sit together in a particular area of the stand and therefore both sets of supporters can cheer on their team, without interfering or upsetting each other".

Regarding the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final Dr. Crokes Club wish to clarify misinformation  that appeared in the media this morning regarding that we have requested "segregation of supporters" at the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

What the club has requested is an allotment of tickets in a particular section of the stand where juvenile members and their families can sit together as many families had requested this after our Munster Final win.

We've brought juvenile members to all our games this year and they have been together for the games. However we believe that there will be a large attendance at the game in Portloise and hence our reason for looking for an area where these can be accommodated together. All other interpretation of the clubs requests are a misinterpretation of the facts and the Club is in no way calling for segregation of supporters.

We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday.

Why would there be any repeat?  The only commonality between the two games is the fact that there is another Kerry team, are they going to start another fight?  I reckon they'd be in for an bigger hiding if they did.

AZOffaly

Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 12:55:22 PM

I think it was a reasonable attempt at a story to backtrack until this - We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday In other words, keep them Crossmaglen Subs under control, the shower of animals.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 12:57:10 PM
Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 12:55:22 PM

I think it was a reasonable attempt at a story to backtrack until this - We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday In other words, keep them Crossmaglen Subs under control, the shower of animals.

Exactly they have added a further insult in what they have said now.  Time to shut up I reckon before they really do irrepairable damage.

AZOffaly

BennyHarp

Dr Crokes have made some PR balls of this. These thinly veiled accusations against probably the best club of our generation does them no favours at all. Im sure Crossmaglens experience of playing at the latter stages of All Ireland championships will mean that their fans, officials and substitutes will be well able to control themselves.

Also, why did their Chairman feel the need to tell the Examiner that they wanted a block of seats anyway? Why didnt he just request this from Croke Park? They are just so up their own backsides that its actually getting funny now.
That was never a square ball!!

brokencrossbar1

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 12:52:36 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2012, 12:44:27 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on January 26, 2012, 12:42:30 PM
Where do Crokes propose for the neutrals to sit in this game? If one has a northern twang will they have to sit with the Armagh wans?

All ticket match.

Kerry fans in the stand.

Cross fans in a newly constructed cage over on the far terrace.

Kit Kats, Tayto and Warm bottles of ClubOrange will be provided through the feeding hatch.

Only if they're good.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 26, 2012, 12:56:04 PM

Why would there be any repeat?  The only commonality between the two games is the fact that there is another Kerry team, are they going to start another fight?  I reckon they'd be in for an bigger hiding if they did.

That sounds like a threat to me.
'Cross legend says "Crokes are in for a big hiding!"'
The guards will have to divert resources from Rossport to Portlaoise to deal with this potential bloodbath.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on January 26, 2012, 01:10:47 PM

The guards will have to divert resources from Rossport to Portlaoise to deal with this potential bloodbath.

What they would start, we would finish!

johnneycool

Quote from: Jinxy on January 26, 2012, 01:10:47 PM

I'd have thought Laois county board would be well versed in crowd control in Portlaoise after some pretty unsavoury incidents between hurling clubs down there.

Let the Camross hurlers man the sidelines and there'll not be a cheap from either dugout.

AZOffaly

You can sing that. When I heard the stuff from the stewards about the row, I nearly choked on my cornflakes. Ask Bud about hurling in Camross and Castletown.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Now I'll preface my remarks by saying that, in my experience, Crossmaglen's followers are in general the most horrible, dislikeable, foulmouthed and ignorant collection of humanity that most of us are ever likely to have the misfortune to encounter in the GAA. But, that being said, the only physical harm I've ever countenanced in my dealings with them over the years has been to my eardrums. This is just pathetic stuff, clearly designed to put pressure on referees and officials prior to a big game. If much more of this emanates from the Kingdom before the match, I might even be forced to support Cross.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead