that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: cornafean on January 26, 2012, 11:44:15 AM
Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2012, 11:26:45 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:21:56 AM
Quote from: cornafean on January 26, 2012, 11:20:40 AM
Quote from: Give and Go on January 26, 2012, 11:01:06 AM
Bad enough the Club doing it but the County Chairman rowing in too and volunteering to assist an investigation!

He can hardly talk, as he was the guy who ended up on his arse in front of the tunnel at half time in the 2008 All Ireland Final after 'bumping' into a member of the Tyrone party.

Is it the same guy?

Same guy.
And a Crokes man as well.

Hardly impartial evidence so :D

oakleafgael

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 11:04:10 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 10:57:30 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 10:47:51 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 10:37:30 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 10:32:36 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 09:22:00 AM
Ridiculous comments from Crokes, but just this :

Quotehis type of thing never happened in Kerry when the opposite is true. I can recall an incident a few years ago between two neighbouring South Kerry Clubs who are located only a stones throw from Dromid that ended up in a court of law over a vicious assault.

The incident you speak of did end up in a court of law, and was thrown out. Also it was between two players, not substitutes or supporters.

I do agree with you regarding the comments in the media though, I think they've played that badly, but they are certainly angry and taken aback at what happened. But there are certainly rows down in Kerry, and bad belts. Probably not as much bad off the ball stuff as elsewhere, and certainly very little, if any trouble on sidelines.

Really? Do you really believe this?
Kerry football will be under the spotlight in the coming years - lets hope they keep their noses as clean as clean can be. I think the behaviour of both teams on Sunday was plainly out of order and Derrytresk need to take a massive share of that blame for not contolling their bench, but to claim that Kerry football has never ever experienced this kind of thing is just nonsense. I played with many Kerry lads in America and some of the stories they enjoyed regaling certainly contradicts what your purist vision of Kerry football is.

I actually do. I played a small bit down there, and I didn't receive half as much off the ball stuff as I did up in Offaly. I'm sure it does happen, but again, I think in general it's not endemic.

As for the supporters lark, I never suggested that it doesn't happen, just that it certainly doesn't happen often, and I have never seen it at any Dromid game, nor heard of it at any Dromid game.

Look, despite their bleating about Kerry purer than pure football, which is obviously nonsense, I do think what happened at the weekend is something that is not common, nor expected down there.

Well, i spent 23 years of my life playing club football in Tyrone and I can tell you now that i can count on one hand the number of games that i have been to and played in that had instances like this. It is most definately not endemic as you suggest but again, lazy comments from people with little experience of the issue can cause people to arrive at the view you clearly have.

Thats not to say the GAA in Tyrone has no problems to deal with and like any organisation with so many members it has its fair share of nutcases. But it is grossly unfair for Tyrone football to be tarnished in the way it has been while Kerry football retains some sort of holier than thou image perpetuated by people like you with your matter of fact statements who has limited knowledge of either counties.

Hang on. I never said it was endemic in Tyrone either. I'm speaking about Kerry, and I have more than limited knowledge of Kerry to be fair. I've spent quite a bit of time down there. What I am trying to do is explain why they might have been so taken aback by what happened on Sunday.

I have also never said Kerry football is holier than thou, or anyone else. They play the same game the rest of us do, and give and take the same belts on the field as anyone else. I do think there is less off the ball stuff and intimidation down there than in other place, including other places I've played. I'm wasn't even talking or thinking about Tyrone.

To the best of my knowledge, Dromid Pearses have never been involved in a day like last Sunday, and I think that is why they are going over the top in their reaction in the media. I think they are wrong to do so, but I am trying to put a bit of balance against those who are calling them sore losers. They are not sore losers in my opinion, they've been beaten loads of times in important games and have never suggested anything other than the usual 'ref rode us' that we all do.

So, all I'm saying is what happened on Sunday is not a common thing in Kerry, I've never seen Dromid involved in anything like it, and I believe, and still do, that there is not a culture of off the ball stuff like what has been alleged, in Kerry. Which is why I think Dromid reacted the way they have.

I say all the above without even mentioning Tyrone, Armagh, Ulster, or anywhere else.

So where is it endemic then?

Its endemic in Tyrone and Derry from my own personal experience.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 26, 2012, 11:38:54 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:33:25 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 26, 2012, 11:31:19 AM
AZ, I know you have more experience of Kerry football than I have but my first experience of playing against them began with me ending on the flat of my back seeing tweetie birds after getting a Judas thump after 2 minutes in an AI semi final.  I took it and gave it back with interest, as is my right :D, and that was 15 years ago.  During the same game a Kerry AI winning captain, who didn't start the final, pulled and hauled Oisin McConvilles jersey till he ripped it and he cleaned him out on at least 2 occassions.  They have been doing it for years but like I said to you yesterday one mans cynical is another mans cute hoorism and thats what they have played on over the years and by starting each sentence with Yerra in a nice Kerry lilt it endears them to a lot of people.

Yeah, but you deserved it, 'elbows'.

Not too many elebows in 2 minutes!!!

They didn't want to give you a chance to get into your swinging rythmn :D

Jinxy

Kerry people are mental.
Perhaps almost as mental as Tyrone people.
They should be kept away from each other at all times.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AQMP

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2012, 11:41:07 AM
Derrytresk subs have just released a statement:

"We were surprised when we saw someone hit our clipboard man. We are not used to this and this may help explain our reaction, which we admit was wrong."

As a consequence of this and in an effort to make offenders more easiily identifiable in the future the GAA has announced it will issue counties with new bright green bibs emblazoned with "Maor Chlipboarda"

ziggysego

Dromid released a statement yesterday to say they won't be releasing any more statements.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

I think they'll release a reminder statement today, to make sure people look at their statement yesterday. Then sure the weekend statement will be out. And the anniversary statement next Sunday.

everymanaman

Where do Crokes propose for the neutrals to sit in this game? If one has a northern twang will they have to sit with the Armagh wans?

AZOffaly

Quote from: everymanaman on January 26, 2012, 12:42:30 PM
Where do Crokes propose for the neutrals to sit in this game? If one has a northern twang will they have to sit with the Armagh wans?

In their cages, where they're told.

orangeman

All ticket match.

Kerry fans in the stand.

Cross fans in a newly constructed cage over on the far terrace.

AQMP

What about if there is a hint of the odour of diesel about you?

orangeman

Quote from: AQMP on January 26, 2012, 12:48:54 PM

What about if there is a hint of the odour of diesel about you?

Special section for contaminated fans like that.

shezam

They are backtracking now;

QuoteDr Crokes say they have not called for segregation of supporters at their All Ireland club semi final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

Club Chairman Vincent Casey told this morning's Irish Examiner; "We are looking for a block of tickets for our supporters so they can sit together in a particular area of the stand and therefore both sets of supporters can cheer on their team, without interfering or upsetting each other".

However the club released the following statement a short time ago.

Statement from Dr. Crokes

Regarding the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final Dr. Crokes Club wish to clarify misinformation  that appeared in the media this morning regarding that we have requested "segregation of supporters" at the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

What the club has requested is an allotment of tickets in a particular section of the stand where juvenile members and their families can sit together as many families had requested this after our Munster Final win.

We've brought juvenile members to all our games this year and they have been together for the games. However we believe that there will be a large attendance at the game in Portloise and hence our reason for looking for an area where these can be accommodated together. All other interpretation of the clubs requests are a misinterpretation of the facts and the Club is in no way calling for segregation of supporters.

We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday.

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2012, 12:44:27 PM

All ticket match.

Kerry fans in the stand.

Cross fans in a newly constructed cage over on the far terrace.

Kit Kats, Tayto and Warm bottles of ClubOrange will be provided through the feeding hatch.