Crokes call for segregation!!!

Started by Give and Go, January 26, 2012, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 10:37:30 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 10:32:36 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 09:22:00 AM
Ridiculous comments from Crokes, but just this :

Quotehis type of thing never happened in Kerry when the opposite is true. I can recall an incident a few years ago between two neighbouring South Kerry Clubs who are located only a stones throw from Dromid that ended up in a court of law over a vicious assault.

The incident you speak of did end up in a court of law, and was thrown out. Also it was between two players, not substitutes or supporters.

I do agree with you regarding the comments in the media though, I think they've played that badly, but they are certainly angry and taken aback at what happened. But there are certainly rows down in Kerry, and bad belts. Probably not as much bad off the ball stuff as elsewhere, and certainly very little, if any trouble on sidelines.

Really? Do you really believe this?
Kerry football will be under the spotlight in the coming years - lets hope they keep their noses as clean as clean can be. I think the behaviour of both teams on Sunday was plainly out of order and Derrytresk need to take a massive share of that blame for not contolling their bench, but to claim that Kerry football has never ever experienced this kind of thing is just nonsense. I played with many Kerry lads in America and some of the stories they enjoyed regaling certainly contradicts what your purist vision of Kerry football is.

I actually do. I played a small bit down there, and I didn't receive half as much off the ball stuff as I did up in Offaly. I'm sure it does happen, but again, I think in general it's not endemic.

As for the supporters lark, I never suggested that it doesn't happen, just that it certainly doesn't happen often, and I have never seen it at any Dromid game, nor heard of it at any Dromid game.

Look, despite their bleating about Kerry purer than pure football, which is obviously nonsense, I do think what happened at the weekend is something that is not common, nor expected down there.

Well, i spent 23 years of my life playing club football in Tyrone and I can tell you now that i can count on one hand the number of games that i have been to and played in that had instances like this. It is most definately not endemic as you suggest but again, lazy comments from people with little experience of the issue can cause people to arrive at the view you clearly have.

Thats not to say the GAA in Tyrone has no problems to deal with and like any organisation with so many members it has its fair share of nutcases. But it is grossly unfair for Tyrone football to be tarnished in the way it has been while Kerry football retains some sort of holier than thou image perpetuated by people like you, with your matter of fact statements, who have limited knowledge of either counties.
That was never a square ball!!

Sandino

An open insult to the Crossmaglen club, Crokes much be dreading this match to make such a statement.

Shameful coverage of the incident last sunday. However lets hope that the GAA base their  decisions on the evidence in the video and not on the newspaper coverage.

I also seem to remember a recent All Ireland Final where a Kerry player assaulted an opposing player within seconds of the throw in. A premediated assult, it passed with a whimper and no action.

Let the quilty from both teams be punished for last week and base it on the evidence.

Come on the Cross!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Nally Stand

Nobody is saying it is common, but it happens a lot more in Kerry than some would have us believe. The article quoted above refers to that attack being the "second incident involving violence against a referee in a week."

and...
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/REF+ATTACKED+BY+MOB+GOES+BACK+TO+SCHOOL%3B+OUR+MATCH+SHAME+BY+GAA...-a0107453680
REF ATTACKED BY MOB GOES BACK TO SCHOOL; OUR MATCH SHAME BY GAA BOSSES.
"A TEACHER assaulted by fans after refereeing a hurling match at the weekend is expected to return to school this morning. Colleagues said Gearoid O'Regan was in good form despite his harrowing ordeal.
Mr O'Regan, who teaches in Banagher Community College in Co Offaly, was attacked by a player and fans in front of 3,000 spectators at the end of a hurling championship match on Sunday.
The referee was attacked at Austin Stack Park in Kerry by fans who ran on to the pitch at the end of the game. He was then assaulted a second time by four people in the dressing room area."
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 10:47:51 AM

Quotehis type of thing never happened in Kerry when the opposite is true. I can recall an incident a few years ago between two neighbouring South Kerry Clubs who are located only a stones throw from Dromid that ended up in a court of law over a vicious assault.

The incident you speak of did end up in a court of law, and was thrown out. Also it was between two players, not substitutes or supporters.

I do agree with you regarding the comments in the media though, I think they've played that badly, but they are certainly angry and taken aback at what happened. But there are certainly rows down in Kerry, and bad belts. Probably not as much bad off the ball stuff as elsewhere, and certainly very little, if any trouble on sidelines.

Kerry football will be under the spotlight in the coming years - lets hope they keep their noses as clean as clean can be. I think the behaviour of both teams on Sunday was plainly out of order and Derrytresk need to take a massive share of that blame for not contolling their bench, but to claim that Kerry football has never ever experienced this kind of thing is just nonsense. I played with many Kerry lads in America and some of the stories they enjoyed regaling certainly contradicts what your purist vision of Kerry football is.

I actually do. I played a small bit down there, and I didn't receive half as much off the ball stuff as I did up in Offaly. I'm sure it does happen, but again, I think in general it's not endemic.

As for the supporters lark, I never suggested that it doesn't happen, just that it certainly doesn't happen often, and I have never seen it at any Dromid game, nor heard of it at any Dromid game.

Look, despite their bleating about Kerry purer than pure football, which is obviously nonsense, I do think what happened at the weekend is something that is not common, nor expected down there.

Well, i spent 23 years of my life playing club football in Tyrone and I can tell you now that i can count on one hand the number of games that i have been to and played in that had instances like this. It is most definately not endemic as you suggest but again, lazy comments from people with little experience of the issue can cause people to arrive at the view you clearly have.

Thats not to say the GAA in Tyrone has no problems to deal with and like any organisation with so many members it has its fair share of nutcases. But it is grossly unfair for Tyrone football to be tarnished in the way it has been while Kerry football retains some sort of holier than thou image perpetuated by people like you with your matter of fact statements who has limited knowledge of either counties.

Hang on. I never said it was endemic in Tyrone either. I'm speaking about Kerry, and I have more than limited knowledge of Kerry to be fair. I've spent quite a bit of time down there. What I am trying to do is explain why they might have been so taken aback by what happened on Sunday.

I have also never said Kerry football is holier than thou, or anyone else. They play the same game the rest of us do, and give and take the same belts on the field as anyone else. I do think there is less off the ball stuff and intimidation down there than in other place, including other places I've played. I'm wasn't even talking or thinking about Tyrone.

To the best of my knowledge, Dromid Pearses have never been involved in a day like last Sunday, and I think that is why they are going over the top in their reaction in the media. I think they are wrong to do so, but I am trying to put a bit of balance against those who are calling them sore losers. They are not sore losers in my opinion, they've been beaten loads of times in important games and have never suggested anything other than the usual 'ref rode us' that we all do.

So, all I'm saying is what happened on Sunday is not a common thing in Kerry, I've never seen Dromid involved in anything like it, and I believe, and still do, that there is not a culture of off the ball stuff like what has been alleged, in Kerry. Which is why I think Dromid reacted the way they have.

I say all the above without even mentioning Tyrone, Armagh, Ulster, or anywhere else.

Give and Go

The whole point of this topic is to highlight the hypocrisy of the media statements emanating from Kerry this week.
There was a very bad breakdown in discipline last week but the kerry angle is of complete shock, that it was unheard of down there way. The statements were sanctimonious and self serving.
Tyrone and Cross do not deserve to be subjected to these cynical attacks on their character or on their units.
Where do you stop with this megaphone stuff?
Kerry folk should recall the Kennelly incident at the start of an All Ireland Final and their poor disciplinary record in recent times before going to the pulpit and preaching.
They would do themselves far more credit by leaving the matter to the proper authorities to deal with instead of issuing press releases.
If they have serious concerns let them bring forward motions to amend the GAA disciplinary code (which maybe wouldn't be such a bad idea).
Bad enough the Club doing it but the County Chairman rowing in too and volunteering to assist an investigation!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Give and Go on January 26, 2012, 11:01:06 AM
The whole point of this topic is to highlight the hypocrisy of the media statements emanating from Kerry this week.
There was a very bad breakdown in discipline last week but the kerry angle is of complete shock, that it was unheard of down there way. The statements were sanctimonious and self serving.
Tyrone and Cross do not deserve to be subjected to these cynical attacks on their character or on their units.
Kerry folk should recall the Kennelly incident at the start of an All Ireland Final and their poor disciplinary record in recent times before going to the pulpit and preaching.
They would do themselves far more credit by leaving the matter to the proper authorities to deal with instead of issuing press releases.
If they have serious concerns let them bring forward motions to amend the GAA disciplinary code (which maybe wouldn't be such a bad idea).
Bad enough the Club doing it but the County Chairman rowing in too and volunteering to assist an investigation!

I agree with all of that. And I particularly agree about Tyrone and Cross, and that they should just stall the digger down there now. As I said before, I'm sure that in 6 months time quite a few people will be a bit embarassed about some of their public comments, which actually take away from the facts of the matter on Sunday.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 10:57:30 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2012, 10:47:51 AM

Thats not to say the GAA in Tyrone has no problems to deal with and like any organisation with so many members it has its fair share of nutcases. But it is grossly unfair for Tyrone football to be tarnished in the way it has been while Kerry football retains some sort of holier than thou image perpetuated by people like you with your matter of fact statements who has limited knowledge of either counties.

Hang on. I never said it was endemic in Tyrone either. I'm speaking about Kerry, and I have more than limited knowledge of Kerry to be fair. I've spent quite a bit of time down there. What I am trying to do is explain why they might have been so taken aback by what happened on Sunday.

I have also never said Kerry football is holier than thou, or anyone else. They play the same game the rest of us do, and give and take the same belts on the field as anyone else. I do think there is less off the ball stuff and intimidation down there than in other place, including other places I've played. I'm wasn't even talking or thinking about Tyrone.

To the best of my knowledge, Dromid Pearses have never been involved in a day like last Sunday, and I think that is why they are going over the top in their reaction in the media. I think they are wrong to do so, but I am trying to put a bit of balance against those who are calling them sore losers. They are not sore losers in my opinion, they've been beaten loads of times in important games and have never suggested anything other than the usual 'ref rode us' that we all do.

So, all I'm saying is what happened on Sunday is not a common thing in Kerry, I've never seen Dromid involved in anything like it, and I believe, and still do, that there is not a culture of off the ball stuff like what has been alleged, in Kerry. Which is why I think Dromid reacted the way they have.

I say all the above without even mentioning Tyrone, Armagh, Ulster, or anywhere else.

So where is it endemic then?
That was never a square ball!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 11:03:46 AM

I agree with all of that. And I particularly agree about Tyrone and Cross, and that they should just stall the digger down there now. As I said before, I'm sure that in 6 months time quite a few people will be a bit embarassed about some of their public comments, which actually take away from the facts of the matter on Sunday.

Leave them at it I say, we know that they love to talk so give them their forums, let them talk till the cows need milked.

AZOffaly

I don't know where it is endemic. All I said was it is not endemic in Kerry. I'm explaining why Dromid were 'caught on the hop' if they experienced what they said they experienced. I am not having a dig at Tyrone or anywhere else. I would say that I experienced more off the ball stuff in Offaly, and in my opinion there is more bad blood at games in other counties that I have attended, (none in Ulster, relax) than I've seen in Kerry.

haranguerer

AZ, take off the blinkers. kerry football is as bad as anywhere else. The holier than thou s**te is unreal. If there are punishments from the dromid game, then they themselves will also have to receive a hefty part of them - they were very far from an innocent party.

The two clubs are making a holy show of themselves, and I hope they come to realise that and regret it. I also hope cross annihilate crokes and shove this shite down their throats

cornafean

He can hardly talk, as he was the guy who ended up on his arse in front of the tunnel at half time in the 2008 All Ireland Final after 'bumping' into a member of the Tyrone party.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

AZOffaly

No blinkers on. It's my honest opinion. And unless you've spent a lot of time in Kerry, I'm guessing I've more experience of Kerry football than you have. Also, I agree that Dromid will probably get suspensions out of any investigation, but the subs that came in will be heavily sanctioned I'm guessing. But I think we've discussed all that already :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: cornafean on January 26, 2012, 11:20:40 AM

He can hardly talk, as he was the guy who ended up on his arse in front of the tunnel at half time in the 2008 All Ireland Final after 'bumping' into a member of the Tyrone party.

Is it the same guy?

HiMucker

I hope cross give them the hiding they deserve.  Disgrace.  Everyone at Dr Crokes should be ashamed