Should Women be allowed in Team Dressingrooms?

Started by Barney, October 28, 2008, 09:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2008, 09:29:01 PM
Are male PROs allowed in the women's dressing rooms?
Unlikely, and I'd like to think not in Sligo's case.

Ah, Mayo GAA internal politics, far better than the real politics there.

ONeill

It'd be interesting to hear her reason for wanting to be in the changing rooms.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

full back

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2008, 08:41:33 AM
It'd be interesting to hear her reason for wanting to be in the changing rooms.

Could be that she wants to help in the motivation of the team........cant think of many other reasons

thebandit

I wouldn't let any of them county board types in

billy the kid

Quote from: The GAA on October 28, 2008, 09:41:22 PM

The only county board officer i could see needing dressing room access at any time would be the secretary to deal with substitutions?

I agree 100%

No county board members, Chairman, Pro, Secretary, treasurer etc have any business being in the dressing room.  The only exception being when a sub is coming on at half time and even then I would get the secretary to write the slip outside and give it to the relevant person as team leaves the changing room or at pitchside.

The Pro is one of 3 things:

1. She thinks she is alot more important than she is

2. She is just a nosy old cow

3. She just wants to see the blue vained custard flickers of the players.

Either way she should never be allowed into the changing room.  But neither should any other county board official (male or female) as they are just looking to feel important. 

Managers should decide who enters the changing rooms not committees.
I have Managed plenty of teams myself and I would never tolerate anyone being in the changing room that didnt deserve to be there.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

magpie seanie

Two things:

1) Her letter outlining her complaint initially should have been properly recorded;
2) Clear rules should be in place as to who is allowed into the dressingrooms. It may not be necessary to allow the PRO in but I guarantee there are loads of others who should not be there either.

blast05

The situation is simple.

Mayo GAA PRO's have always been allowed into the dressing rooms before games and at half times.
This also included the current lady PRO
The situation changed because the PRO applied for the secretaries job when it was advertised as a full time permanent position.
The long term sitting secretary got the job as expected and took the hump that the PRO dared apply and along with his old school characters that make up the rest of the executive are now forcing her out by 'deciding' she is no longer allowed in the dressing room.

Discussions about who should or should not be allowed in the dressing room is seperate to this issue as is talk of whether or not a woman should be allowed in an all male dressing room or vice versa.

robertemmet

QuoteI wouldn't let any of them county board types in

The chances are most if them start appearing more on "big days" anyway.

I think that players/management/physio/kitman only people that need to be in dressing room.

Also whoever is in charge of team sheets substititions as well.

Dressing rooms are small enough places, so anyone not needed should not be there

AbbeySider

Quote from: blast05 on October 29, 2008, 12:45:36 PM
The situation is simple.

Mayo GAA PRO's have always been allowed into the dressing rooms before games and at half times.
This also included the current lady PRO
The situation changed because the PRO applied for the secretaries job when it was advertised as a full time permanent position.
The long term sitting secretary got the job as expected and took the hump that the PRO dared apply and along with his old school characters that make up the rest of the executive are now forcing her out by 'deciding' she is no longer allowed in the dressing room.

Discussions about who should or should not be allowed in the dressing room is seperate to this issue as is talk of whether or not a woman should be allowed in an all male dressing room or vice versa.

That is a load of propaganda and bullshit.
what do you know about the personal relationship between Sean Feeney and Noelle Horan Blast?
Let alone the rest of the county board? Think before you go and paint the picture you did above.

She shouldnt be allowed in the dressing room unless she is a medical professional or is actually responsible for the taking of team names, correspondence with the ref etc. End of story. You cant have hangers on like that. I dont believe she was ever allowed in the dressing room.
If I was a player/management I would have an issue with it too.

Armagh4SamAgain

Men shoudent be goin in wemens changing rooms and wemen shoudnt be goin in mens. I no a boy got trew out a the keys in Newry for that crack
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

muppet

QuoteShould Women be allowed in Team Dressingrooms?

Of course, who'd make the tea?
MWWSI 2017

youngfella

Pull hard and early

muppet

MWWSI 2017

youngfella

Pull hard and early

lynchbhoy

no

also
prob only reason why they are employed by teams is because they are cheaper !
:-X