Whos better- Gerrard or Lampard?

Started by fred the red, October 27, 2008, 10:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Ronaldo...sure did yous not hear....he's the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD   ;) ;)

Niall Quinn

On straight Scrabble-scoring of surnames, Stevie loses 8-15.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Niall Quinn

And named as a result of paternal admiration for Ronald Reagan, resplendent right-winger Ronaldo, registers 8.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Hardy

Sorry. It's none of my business. I usually manage quite well to ignore the inane soccer threads on this site (any one of which usually has more posts than all the GAA threads combined). I just skip on when I see thread titles about soccer (and also the ones where the girls and the frustrated young lads here conduct teenage immaturity competitions). I generally manage to ignore the obsession with the British entertainment industry exhibited by those here who spend the rest of their time outdoing each other in braggadocio about their credentials as better Irishmen than most of us and mocking the Britishness of the unionist soccer supporters here. I should be a bigger man, but I cite months of forbearance as an excuse for this momentary lapse:

WHAT SANE SENSIBLE ADULT COULD GIVE A F**K ABOUT THE RELATIVE MERITS OF TWO ENGLISH SOCCER MILLIONAIRES OR WHOS (sic) BETTER THAN THE OTHER?

I feel better now.

Over the Bar

QuoteRonaldo...sure did yous not hear....he's the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD  ;)  

As voted by his fellow professionals as well so no arguing that one.

nifan

Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2008, 08:37:46 AM
WHAT SANE SENSIBLE ADULT COULD GIVE A F**K ABOUT THE RELATIVE MERITS OF TWO ENGLISH SOCCER MILLIONAIRES OR WHOS (sic) BETTER THAN THE OTHER?

soccer fans at a guess

Hardy

Very good, nifan. I never thought of that. Anyway, my grumpy rant was not meant as a logical analysis. More a case of the usual puzzled shake of the head erupting into a scream of frustrated failure to comprehend why this shite can mean so much to people. 

But carry on. It's a free country.

under the bar

QuoteWHAT SANE SENSIBLE ADULT COULD GIVE A F**K ABOUT THE RELATIVE MERITS OF TWO ENGLISH SOCCER MILLIONAIRES OR WHOS (sic) BETTER THAN THE OTHER?

soccer fans at a guess

Make that Liverpool & Chelsea fans.  The rest of us don't really care ;)

The Real Laoislad

Sorry. It's none of my business. I usually manage quite well to ignore the inane soccer threads on this site (any one of which usually has more posts than all the GAA threads combined). I just skip on when I see thread titles about soccer (and also the ones where the girls and the frustrated young lads here conduct teenage immaturity competitions). I generally manage to ignore the obsession with the British entertainment industry exhibited by those here who spend the rest of their time outdoing each other in braggadocio about their credentials as better Irishmen than most of us and mocking the Britishness of the unionist soccer supporters here. I should be a bigger man, but I cite months of forbearance as an excuse for this momentary lapse:

I feel better now.

Fellas with opinions like yours always amuse me..
Seriously why do you care what other people care about?
What exactly is the problem you have? Is it the fact they are millionaires? Because to be honest i don't see what that has to do with anything.I have been a fan of soccer since the early '80s.There wasn't the level of money in the sport as there is now,Bad pitches,awful run down stadiums and players like Ian Rush were earning around £300 a week..
I didn't start liking soccer because the players were wealthy so I don't understand why you feel the need to mention that.
Or is it because they are English if they were Spanish or German would you care as much? As far as I'm concerned politics have no place in sport I don't really care that I support a English team because its the club I support not Liverpool as a city..
You ask why would anyone care about which player is better than the other..Well forgive me or any other soccer fan who has followed a club for over 20 years and put time and money into supporting them wanting the best players at the club they support..Gerrard and Lampard are two of the best players in what is the Worlds most popular sport,why wouldn't people discuss which of the two is better what exactly is wrong with it...
Would you have a problem with two fellas discussing the merits of two race horses?
Finally,on the non-gaa discussion side of the board there are 3 maybe 4 threads on American Football,Fantasy Baseball or something and a General American sports thread..
Amercian sportstars earn several times more than Premiership footballers,I have no interest in any American sport but yet I have no problem with anyone else discussing it on the board,How come you never asked the question as to why AZ Offaly and Jinky discuss or even care what happens in American football or whatever they discuss on those threads?
I work hard,soccer its a interest i have away from work and away from all the problems and worries I have in life and trying to run a business..
What harm am I doing or anyone else doing discussing the abilities of two athletes at the top of their game?
Soccer is a huge part of my life and so is Gaa but they are only sports at the end of the day,I have a dozen things more important in my life than soccer or Gaa,They are not my life but a part of it.
So to finish my ramblings

DON'T BE WORRYING YOURSELF AS TO WHY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT INTRESTS THAN YOU DO

I feel better now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nifan on October 28, 2008, 08:54:27 AM

soccer fans at a guess
I consider myself a soccer fan and my first thought was "who cares?"
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 28, 2008, 10:32:55 PM
Seriously why do you care what other people care about?

Why do you care enough about what I care about to write half a page about it? It's a free country, as I said. You don't need my permission. Continue to support/discuss who/what you want. And I'll probably continue to be amazed that this shite matters so much to so many people.

Maiden1

It's all sh1te.  If you watch a film the main star is getting paid too much.  Stock brokers get million pound bonuses.  Katie Price gets paid a fortune and has done f*$k all other than get her t*ts out.  It's called Capitalism.

Should all discussions on movies, football, general elections, comedians etc. stop (pretty much everything on the front page of the non football section) as they are paid too much?
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Hardy

Ah no.

I'm not saying anything should stop. I'm only saying I can't understand why people care so much about English soccer teams. I'd be annoyed if anybody said I should stop saying that.

It's a free country.