McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 07:07:17 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 08, 2009, 06:41:32 PM
Reillers, telling everybody on here that has different point of view to yourself that they're gobshites, that they haven't a clue, for them to get a life etc etc etc hasn't adavnced your cause an inch. In fact it probably sets it back.

If clubs are mandated to vote on an issue and the club delegates vote another way, there is a process whereby clubs can call an EGM and sort the issue out and I've no doubt that if this did in fact happen, then Donal Og would not be very long in bringing this story to the attnetion of the national media.

You've tried to make out that Cork are unique - you've called the CB cowards - a disgrace to the GAA -  I assume you're including Gerry O'Sullivan in this as well - he's a coward as well is he ?? - you've also accused the club delegates of doing Frank's dirty work.

In doing so, you've unfairly labelled a lot of very good men, some excellent GAA people. You can't just broad brush everybody who has a role in Cork GAA in this way. And whilst I don't have all the knowledge about Cork GAA, I know enough to relaise that the accusations you've made are wild, wdie of the mark and downright insulting.

No, no, just you really.
And I told indiana who was saying he doesn't care and doesn't have time for this..etc to go off and get a life then and stop coming on here and whinging about it.
I never called anyone gobshites, you exagerating again.
You don't no anything about Cork politics.
Some of the CB men are good men, but are held at ransom, like I said, by FM. And you'd know it if you knew about Cork GAA politics. That point proving yet again that you don't. Others are just cowards who don't and wont fight against men who think they can do what they want and treat people like they do.
None of this can be sorted at some AGM, these stupid questions and points from you prove what I said, you don't understand Cork politics.
So stop talking like you do, because by doing so you yourself are insulting people and you don't even know it yourself.

Same old same old .

Is Gerry O'Sullivan a coward as well as the rest of them ?

witnof

Quote from: The GAA on February 08, 2009, 06:54:10 PM

Then why would you be as backward as to rehash ground that we have covered extensively?
did you think you were making an astonishing eureka statment?

Becuase again today you made a reference to the fact that the players are the only ones standing up to the CB....blah...blah...blah.

So you is threading over old ground?

By definition with this statement you postulate the players as these mighty hero's whilst everyone else in Cork GAA, and clubs included, are lacking any intellilectual capability to put coherent thought together, and if they ever managed to do so have no balls to follow up. Hence the players ride in on white horses.

Reillers

Quote from: witnof on February 08, 2009, 06:50:02 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 08, 2009, 06:14:32 PM
As I said earlier, it doesn't matter a jot how many were at the march or not, how  many were at the match today or not.

What matters is that there is a strike on by the 2008 panel and they need to bring about change in a democratic way. The Provos eventually realised that the ONLY way to make political change was not by bombing themselves to the table, but by taking the democratic and political route. The Brits would have fought them for another 30 years - not a problem - and would the Brits have cared if the war carried on ? No way.

So if the strikers want to effect change, standing outside the door and refusing to come into the room will get them nowhere.

If the strikers have the support you claim they have, let them all go back to the clubs, bring their mandate to the CB and make change from within.

But I suspect that this is NOT going to happen.

Why ??

Simple - they haven't got universal support or anything near it.

It shows how people feel does it not.

And if they stand in the door, nothing will be achieved and we'll be stuck in a rut for another two years.
The CB are, in large, cowards, they wont and can't fight the CB. The only people with "guts" to do so are the players.
IF they go back, that'll be that and the CB will have all power and control and we'll have nothing.
I know for a fact and people are bloody well clear of this, that more then one time people have gone to the CB meeting and voted against what the clubs have told them to do.
You know nothing of Cork politics so why bother pretending like you do.

Your comments are fundementally disgraceful, and it highlights the arrogance of the '08 panel who in some way believe themselves to be Gods and martyrs to the cause. You and they can throw muck at anyone as suits, trying to paint people who have given their life to the GAA as some sort of monsters.

Also the bold is a bit of a stupid statment...the CB can't fight the CB??

Also all the time the delegates are voting against the clubs wishes and the clubs just sit there and let them, time after time after time....would you ever go....

They are all democratically elected and they are all know so either put up or shut up, list out which members of the County Boards are cowards and highlight why.
Ya you'd know would ya.
Try putting things forward, try having people up and down this county and having them voted against because poor FM wants them to.
Not all of them are cowards but at times I really want to ring their necks. They've no right to use the power that they have the way they do, they refuse to listen to the average fan and by doing so you have a massive lack of trust and relationship built up between both sides.
Oh it's democratic it's this it's that, it's by the book, yet ALL the time, not sometimes, all the time the votes are always lopsided in whatever way FM wants them to be, 83-7, 92-8..etc.
Yes Frank, No Frank, 3 bags full Frank. Carry on with the funding and we wont complain. The players called it saying, questioning when was the last time we ever had a debate in the CB that went to something. People vote the way Frank wants them to.
A perfect example of this was the Holland issue, all in favour of keeping him in the job one week, a week later FM changes his mind and all in favour of sacking him.
Nothing in Cork GAA is "democratically elected." Nothing in Cork GAA is fair and very little is for the best interest of the GAA itself in Cork.

witnof

Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 07:14:52 PM
Quote from: witnof on February 08, 2009, 06:50:02 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 08, 2009, 06:14:32 PM
As I said earlier, it doesn't matter a jot how many were at the march or not, how  many were at the match today or not.

What matters is that there is a strike on by the 2008 panel and they need to bring about change in a democratic way. The Provos eventually realised that the ONLY way to make political change was not by bombing themselves to the table, but by taking the democratic and political route. The Brits would have fought them for another 30 years - not a problem - and would the Brits have cared if the war carried on ? No way.

So if the strikers want to effect change, standing outside the door and refusing to come into the room will get them nowhere.

If the strikers have the support you claim they have, let them all go back to the clubs, bring their mandate to the CB and make change from within.

But I suspect that this is NOT going to happen.

Why ??

Simple - they haven't got universal support or anything near it.

It shows how people feel does it not.

And if they stand in the door, nothing will be achieved and we'll be stuck in a rut for another two years.
The CB are, in large, cowards, they wont and can't fight the CB. The only people with "guts" to do so are the players.
IF they go back, that'll be that and the CB will have all power and control and we'll have nothing.
I know for a fact and people are bloody well clear of this, that more then one time people have gone to the CB meeting and voted against what the clubs have told them to do.
You know nothing of Cork politics so why bother pretending like you do.

Your comments are fundementally disgraceful, and it highlights the arrogance of the '08 panel who in some way believe themselves to be Gods and martyrs to the cause. You and they can throw muck at anyone as suits, trying to paint people who have given their life to the GAA as some sort of monsters.

Also the bold is a bit of a stupid statment...the CB can't fight the CB??

Also all the time the delegates are voting against the clubs wishes and the clubs just sit there and let them, time after time after time....would you ever go....

They are all democratically elected and they are all know so either put up or shut up, list out which members of the County Boards are cowards and highlight why.
Ya you'd know would ya.
Try putting things forward, try having people up and down this county and having them voted against because poor FM wants them to.
Not all of them are cowards but at times I really want to ring their necks. They've no right to use the power that they have the way they do, they refuse to listen to the average fan and by doing so you have a massive lack of trust and relationship built up between both sides.
Oh it's democratic it's this it's that, it's by the book, yet ALL the time, not sometimes, all the time the votes are always lopsided in whatever way FM wants them to be, 83-7, 92-8..etc.
Yes Frank, No Frank, 3 bags full Frank. Carry on with the funding and we wont complain. The players called it saying, questioning when was the last time we ever had a debate in the CB that went to something. People vote the way Frank wants them to.
A perfect example of this was the Holland issue, all in favour of keeping him in the job one week, a week later FM changes his mind and all in favour of sacking him.
Nothing in Cork GAA is "democratically elected." Nothing in Cork GAA is fair and very little is for the best interest of the GAA itself in Cork.

Reilliers I asked you to list out the cowards, since the names on the County Board are all known. Where is the list?

Carbery

Good Luck to the 2009 Cork hurling panel and goodbye to the 2008 panel.

INDIANA

Will the 12,000 supporters not mandate their clubs that they want Frank out?
Will the clubs not petition the CB to get rid of frank? AND vote to get rid of Frank
Will the supporters not write to newspapers ,monoplise opinion, mobilise opinion to get rid of Frank?
Will the clubs not organise a meeting with Frank to discuss the remit of his job and whether he is doing his job as per his contract?
Frank apparently according to Reillers is more powerful than Barack Obama. Maybe we can get Frank to run for the President of the USA? Might be useful to help us out of the recession

You're not united Reillers thats why the question to all of the above is no. Dublin is often slated for allegedly having no parishes , no community spirit associated with the Gaa. But when we want to get rid of people, we get off our backside and do it. If John Costello didn't perform his job as he is expected to by the clubs in Dublin. The fact that he is a paid employee would't save him.
There is no unity, or will to get rid of Frank in Cork. Its no wonder Croke Park has washed their hands of it. If the clubs in Cork can't mobilise themselves to get rid of him what can they do? You could make his position so difficult that he'd have to resign. But the stomach for the battle isn't there.

realrebel

reillers
i too would love to hear of the cowards in the ccb
name and shame them will ya
is gerry sull on your list probably not

Reillers

You know just as well as I do that a lot of people on the Cb have a lot of people and and actions to be answered to.

anglocelt39

Reillers, you're priceless, apparently 77.39% of texters to 103fm support the 08 hasbeens. Sweet jesus the men who met in Hayes' hotel in thurles 125 years ago must be rolling in their graves at the thought of how they got it so wrong in comparison to such latter day visionaries. What's the listernership of this hotbed of GAA opinion by the way? What was their verdict on the Chris Brown Gig at Dublin's O2  a few weeks ago while you're at it.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 08, 2009, 07:57:14 PM
Will the 12,000 supporters not mandate their clubs that they want Frank out?
Will the clubs not petition the CB to get rid of frank? AND vote to get rid of Frank
Will the supporters not write to newspapers ,monoplise opinion, mobilise opinion to get rid of Frank?
Will the clubs not organise a meeting with Frank to discuss the remit of his job and whether he is doing his job as per his contract?
Frank apparently according to Reillers is more powerful than Barack Obama. Maybe we can get Frank to run for the President of the USA? Might be useful to help us out of the recession

I am not nor will I explain over and over again the problems with the politics to someone who refuses to listen.

You're not united Reillers thats why the question to all of the above is no. Dublin is often slated for allegedly having no parishes , no community spirit associated with the Gaa. But when we want to get rid of people, we get off our backside and do it. If John Costello didn't perform his job as he is expected to by the clubs in Dublin. The fact that he is a paid employee would't save him.

Like I said I'm not making my points to you over and over again to someone who refuses to listen.

There is no unity, or will to get rid of Frank in Cork. Its no wonder Croke Park has washed their hands of it. If the clubs in Cork can't mobilise themselves to get rid of him what can they do? You could make his position so difficult that he'd have to resign. But the stomach for the battle isn't there.

No there is just no way and I've said that 500 times, Croke Park didn't bother in the first place to try, everyone in Cork knows what the problem is, but no one but the players will fight the fight.

The GAA

clubs cannot get rid of frank

edit - you are aware of that indiana?

orangeman

Is Gerry O'Sullivan a coward Reillers ??? Yes or no ??

Whoever else is, Gerald certainly isn't.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 08:23:53 PM

No there is just no way and I've said that 500 times, Croke Park didn't bother in the first place to try, everyone in Cork knows what the problem is, but no one but the players will fight the fight.

If the players are the only ones willing to fight the fight would it not be fair to say that other people in Cork GAA aren't necesarily afraid to fight the fight, but actually happy with the county board as things stand? I'm not doubting the influence Frank Murphy has - it is clearly huge. But to say the whole county board is afraid of him? Maybe they're happier with having Frank, warts and all, than letting a very good administrator (which, in many ways, but not every way, Frank is) go. Just a thought

EDIT: The GAA - explain why Frank can't be removed by the club? What is his arrangement, term etc?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The GAA

i don't believe the ccb are all cowards. there are a fair sprinkling of good hurling men in there. problem is most of them are over a barrell and those who aren't, including sully, are not large enough in number.

get sully's personal opinion on the current situation and the ccb in general and most of you guys would be in for some shock!

The GAA

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 08, 2009, 08:40:13 PM
EDIT: The GAA - explain why Frank can't be removed by the club? What is his arrangement, term etc?

He is appointed on a seven year term to a full time, paid post answerable directly to croke park only. the clubs and county board have no authority over him