best mobile phones on the market???

Started by kinghen, October 14, 2008, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on October 15, 2008, 10:03:30 AM
The 3g connection would be dependent on where you live i take it. Maxpower do you live in Dunloy? I would doubt if there is one there. My sister in law has one and she loves it, the I Phone that is.
They have mobile phones in Dunloy?! It really is a wonderful world!

Lazer

LG Viewty, had it 6 months now and not a problem! easy to use and looks classy, being able to hand write a message on aphone- classic.
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

kinghen

Quote from: Lazer on October 15, 2008, 01:43:09 PM
LG Viewty, had it 6 months now and not a problem! easy to use and looks classy, being able to hand write a message on aphone- classic.

i read that that is a cracker phone somewhere too, although have no experience in that brand! anyone know or used the samsung omnia??

Puckoon

Took me a couple days, but the iphone is a cracking piece of kit. Ive messed around on the nokia one too, and it is also a great phone.

I dont buy this argument that the iphone is a gimmick, which doesnt live up to its function as a phone... It sends and recieves calls and txts - like any other phone.  ???

On top of this it has some seriously novel and fun features. Regarding the 3G - I took it off the other day as using it apparently runs down the battery faster - and the regular edge network is perfectly fine for internet usage - doesnt really take noticably longer than using the 3G option.

Some one else mentioned the LG VIEW- that is really storming up the market over here.

lurganblue

right lads i thought i´d tag this onto the back of this thread.

i´m going to get a new phone in the next few weeks on pay as you go.  i´m looking some advice.  i have used the n95 as my work phone for about 6 months now and i must say i dont really like it (maybe thats because i associate it with work) so not that.

any body any suggestions for whats the best phones on the market at the min? good camera, MP3 player, big memory, half decent battery life etc
if been liking the look of the touch screen ones, LG Viewty and the Samsung Omnia... any body have one of these? any problems?

lurganblue

so i´ve been doing a bit of web searching and i cant seem to find the LG Viewty on pay as you go O2. that seems to be that one out the window...

pintsofguinness

Can anyone recommend a cheap phone - around 20-30 quid (pay as you go).  All i want is something that rings and texts and that I can throw at my arse at work. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 05:32:25 PM
Can anyone recommend a cheap phone - around 20-30 quid (pay as you go).  All i want is something that rings and texts and that I can throw up my arse at work. 

Does it need to vibrate so  :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

lurganblue

as long as it doesnt end up like this pints  :D

pintsofguinness

No way LB, you only make that mistake once!

pintsofguinness

No I'm only joking  puck, I cant even get a finger up my arse.

lurganblue

not for the lack of trying though eh? nah only messing...

its like that old chinese proverb

"man goes to bed with itchy hole, wakes up with smelly finger"

supersub

have had a good few fones the last while as i get awfully bored quickly :D had the viewty and while it was good, the textn was abit annoyin at times and the touch screen novalty wore off after quite a short time. then had a nokia 6500 which was deadon but got a contract and now on an n95 which is an amazing phone but just a bit big. thinking of selling it now for one of the more slim line nokia phones. heard that toco phone is pretty good aswell as the new n96!